ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly Dependents visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap007

Elderly Dependents visa

Post by ap007 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 am

Hi,

I'm currently in the UK with ILR status and will be applying for British Citizenship very soon.

My wife is currently on FLR(M) and is a few months into her 2 year probation before she applies for full ILR.

I was hoping to bring my elderly parents to the UK and was looking into their visa requirements, which are unfortunately not very clear!! Could someone with this knowledge or experience please advice me on the best way to make this work?

My father is 70 and has diabetes and other complications due to this and needs constant care. My mother is 56 years old, not employed and provides care.

They live in India in a house owned by me and rely on the funds I send them. They have no other source of income.

Could you please let me know if this situation qualifies for them both to be granted a dependent visa?

They have travelled to the UK 3 times in the past on a visiting visa.

Thanks and I look forward any advice you may have.

Also, is it useful going through an immigration solicitor (in the UK or India) to make sure we put forward the best case to the UKBA?

Thanks!

Arv

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 am

ap007 wrote:They live in India in a house owned by me and rely on the funds I send them. They have no other source of income.
Something that works against them with regard to settlement. You have shown that you can maintain them perfectly well from your location in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114265

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:00 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

varre_v

Am also in the same boat

Post by varre_v » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 am

Hey Guys,
I have my mother who is a widow aged 54 yrs back home in India.We are 3 children (me,sister,sister). Me and my first younger sister are settled in UK while my second sister is in US. There is no immediate family for my mother in India now. She visited us in the UK on family visit visa three times already and now I am thinking of getting her on elderly dependant visa. But looking at the new rules I am biting my nails if she will get it or not?

PLEASE ADVISE WHETHER TO APPLY FOR ELDERLY DEPENDANT VISA OR A FAMILY VISITOR VISA?

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:48 am

PLEASE ADVISE WHETHER TO APPLY FOR ELDERLY DEPENDANT VISA OR A FAMILY VISITOR VISA?
You are shouting (using CAPS), and hijacking the OPs thread. If your mom can meet the new rules for settlement apply, if she can't then go for family visitor. Know that if you fail the elderly dep visa, there is a very good chance you will no longer be able to apply visitor visa for her.