ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jony_dhaka

Re: Ilr approved

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Khushi31 wrote:
besto wrote:
Khushi31 wrote:Hello guys, my husband's ilr approved on
29th may and my flr m approved on 30th
May. My hubby got call from home office at17:45
On 28th May saying our ilr's approved. I am so happy now.
I wish all luck to those who are waiting. My husband applied on
4th dec and MP involved at beginning of 6 th month.
hi congrates to you & your husband !!
can i ask you..plz..
did your husband applied for 10 years long residence?? when was the bio metric given ?? thanking you and enjoy your freedom... :P
Yes he applied under 10 yrs. bio done on 5th feb.
update you info at skydrive plz

k77

Post by k77 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Today I received a letter from home office that MY ILR has been approved.I received my documents back as well.I am very thankful to Allah.However i could not collect my Biometric which I will collect on the 5th insha allah.

For the information of other applicants, I had applied 0n 5th december2012, so my application was decided exactly within 6 months.

During this time I have sent two emails of complaints to the Home office and one Letter to remind them of my application and my difficult financial circumstancies to which the home office replied and asked me not to send them any letter as they are going to decide the application within six months.

k77

Post by k77 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:14 pm

I had applied under 10 years rule and only sent my passports, home office letters,life in uk letter(pass) and my bank statement.

Tinacr
Newly Registered

Post by Tinacr » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 pm

k77 wrote:Today I received a letter from home office that MY ILR has been approved.I received my documents back as well.I am very thankful to Allah.However i could not collect my Biometric which I will collect on the 5th insha allah.

For the information of other applicants, I had applied 0n 5th december2012, so my application was decided exactly within 6 months.

During this time I have sent two emails of complaints to the Home office and one Letter to remind them of my application and my difficult financial circumstancies to which the home office replied and asked me not to send them any letter as they are going to decide the application within six months.
congratulations. can I have home office email address so I can send them email

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:09 am

k77 wrote:Today I received a letter from home office that MY ILR has been approved.I received my documents back as well.I am very thankful to Allah.However i could not collect my Biometric which I will collect on the 5th insha allah.

Email address for me as well please

k77

Post by k77 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 am

ppycrmt

SET(LR)

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:24 am

Dear all,

UKBA has changed SET(O) to SET(LR) for 10 year long residence. They changed a month or so ago. I called UKBA and they informed me that it is true, probably to speed the process up a bit.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 am

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: SET(LR)

Post by GodGives » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:19 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Dear all,

UKBA has changed SET(O) to SET(LR) for 10 year long residence. They changed a month or so ago. I called UKBA and they informed me that it is true, probably to speed the process up a bit.
Dont be deceived it is not to speed the process up. But it is to specify its for leave to remain and no dependants allowed any more
Godgives

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 pm

GodGives wrote:

Dont be deceived it is not to speed the process up. But it is to specify its for leave to remain and no dependants allowed any more
What if you have dependants which form are you supposed to fill then??

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm

kimnjuka wrote:
GodGives wrote:

Depends on the situation... Usually it is FLR(M)..

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: 10 months and counting

Post by Hwima » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:24 am

careful1985 wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:
Hwima wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:
Hi could you please write clearly that is there any problem in your 10 year in uk ?? was you application is straight forward ?? i have a visa until september 2013 but i have complied my 10 year in uk march 2013 .so i applied . do you think my one will be late as well ?? !
Hi jony_Dhaka

To be honest I don't think my application is straight forward. BUT I strongly believe I did not breach any immigration rules at any one time because I took my time (5 months) after qualifying to consider if they had cheap grounds to deny me before I paid the £991 (that was all the savings we had). My lawyer also agreed, although I carried on with the application myself for I couldn't afford their fee. The other day I was counting the number of times I had to renew in the first 7 yrs, 8 times. They never liked me that much, at one time sending my application in for visa/leave extension 3 times in a yr.

Just rotten luck I suppose, perhaps there is a unfavourable note on my file. Who knows? But then again, I'm here ain't I?

I'm confident you won't get as bad a treatment as I. Good luck on your quest.
i don't believe in luck . Anyway my friend who came one year before me he also applied for ilr last year . It took him 10 months . It sound like you had a complicated visa history . But it is ridiculous that we have to wait for so long just for a application to sort out for them . Even third world is faster then this . I couldn't go to my country for last 4 years and miss my family friends . Now God knows how long i have to wait . I will pray for ur progress and others who are waiting .

Oh my ! looks like mine will take forever.... my 10 years complete this September and i have a Teir 1 General till May 2016. All the way below the pile?
Hi careful1985

I wouldn't read too much into my case if I were you. Reason being I've never been lucky with the HO and I applied at the time of the Olympics. I should imagine they are trying to work through the cases quicker these days, it might take long but not quite as long. Good luck with the application

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:48 am

kimnjuka wrote:
GodGives wrote:

They have to fill in a seperate form Flr(lr), if married Flr(m) or set(lr) depends on the situation really.
Godgives

MM121
Newly Registered

6 MONTHS TODAY

Post by MM121 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 am

Exactly 6 months since I sent my application.

Waiting waiting waiting.

Best of luck to everyone waiting guys

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Complaints

Post by Hwima » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 am

Hi everyone

Who is the best person to contact for complaints at the moment? Has anyone written to Sarah Rapson and got a response? I remember in April a lot of people who had just gone over 6 months were writing Rob Whiteman with complaints or to request to have their cases expedited. We saw a few results.

careful1985
Newly Registered

Appying for Naturalization

Post by careful1985 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Just a quick query really, suppose, I apply Sep 2013, HO take 6 month to respond. I get it March 2014. application for Naturalization should be made on Sep 2014 or March 2015?

This is under 10 year Residence rule ..

Thanks,

shahab99

Post by shahab99 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Damanisshallo

i am launching an appeal against my wife FLRM application refusal on the grounds that she did not fulfill the financial requirement although she is pre july,2012 applicant.

Can you please highlight where it clearly shows in the immigration rules that she doesn't have to show the financial requirement. It is wriiten in the section 7 of the form flrm but i couldn't find anything in the immigration rules.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards
Shahab

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Appying for Naturalization

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 pm

careful1985 wrote:Just a quick query really, suppose, I apply Sep 2013, HO take 6 month to respond. I get it March 2014. application for Naturalization should be made on Sep 2014 or March 2015?

If you can phrase a strong covering letter you should be able after 15 months from Sep 2013 which would be after Nov 2014 under Para 7.5g @ Page 16
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: Appying for Naturalization

Post by Hwima » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:08 pm

careful1985 wrote:Just a quick query really, suppose, I apply Sep 2013, HO take 6 month to respond. I get it March 2014. application for Naturalization should be made on Sep 2014 or March 2015?

Thanks,
Hi

Whilst a lot of people are saying its possible, we haven't a single person who can testify that it's been successful. As Daminishallo states, you'll need a strong cover letter as it's doable on paper at least.

himu
Newly Registered

Any June applicant is still alive?

Post by himu » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi everyone,is there any June applicant still waiting? i have applied in 16th june 2012, biometric done on 24th August 2012, still waiting. I am fed up of waiting and waiting.What should i do now? Any suggestion?

Thanx

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:18 am

shahab99 wrote:Damanisshallo

i am launching an appeal against my wife FLRM application refusal on the grounds that she did not fulfill the financial requirement although she is pre july,2012 applicant.

Can you please highlight where it clearly shows in the immigration rules that she doesn't have to show the financial requirement. It is wriiten in the section 7 of the form flrm but i couldn't find anything in the immigration rules.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards
Shahab
Transitional Provisions wrote:A person who meets the following criteria, in one of the categories specified below, will remain subject to the Immigration Rules in force as at 8 July 2012 until settlement (the grant of indefinite leave to remain) even where the application is granted on or after 9 July 2012: Read further...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

suzuka23

Re: Any June applicant is still alive?

Post by suzuka23 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:43 am

himu wrote:Hi everyone,is there any June applicant still waiting? i have applied in 16th june 2012, biometric done on 24th August 2012, still waiting. I am fed up of waiting and waiting.What should i do now? Any suggestion?

Thanx

Have you sent complaints to UKBA? or contacted your local MP?

kimnjuka

Re: Any June applicant is still alive?

Post by kimnjuka » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:41 am

himu wrote:Hi everyone,is there any June applicant still waiting? i have applied in 16th june 2012, biometric done on 24th August 2012, still waiting. I am fed up of waiting and waiting.What should i do now? Any suggestion?

Thanx
Hi, Thats a whole year gone, sorry abt that my dear.,,,what was your Visa, did u have any gap or any problems with your Visas..Please could you piz let us know some Gurus might help. God Bless

shahab99

Post by shahab99 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks Damanisshallo

i was looking for this

Best Regards

Shahab

rayhanali
Newly Registered

ILR approved and documents returns

Post by rayhanali » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:01 pm

With the blessings of Lord Almighty my ILR have been approved and received my documents today by post.
I would really thank all the members of this forum who been very helpful and good luck for, who are still waiting for their ILR applications.
i sent my application on 12/12/12 at 12:12:12 pm
Regards,