ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 and EEA2 application without WRS registration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

szabcsee
Newly Registered

Post by szabcsee » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi, I would like to ask for advice. I am a Hungarian citizen have been living in the UK since may 2005. I was working for the government (DWP) until June 2006. Then I left the country and i moved to the Republic of Ireland as my girlfriend who is Venezuelan lived there with a student visa. We got married in December 2006. Now we moved back to the UK and want to apply for residency for her and I would like to apply for the EEA1 for myself. I did not register with the WRS when I was working for the government. Hopefully i will start working soon here. Can you give me an advice what would be the best for us to apply for how long does it take and what kind of rights she will have after regarding studies and work etc. Thank you very much.[/b]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:28 pm

I did not register with the WRS when I was working for the government.
You mean the DWP was employing you illegally? I can't wait for them to be prosecuted in Court!

I don't see that you have any choice now .... you need to register under the WRS shortly after starting your new employment in the UK, then serve 12 months on the WRS, then apply for a Residence Permit using form EEA1.

Your wife is Venezuelan. And she is now in the UK? What sort of UK visa does she have now?
John

szabcsee
Newly Registered

Post by szabcsee » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:44 pm

She does not have a visa as she does not need, she can stay here for three months and after she has to get something. She has a student visa in Ireland. So the best if i get a job, register with WRS and start to work. Can she get the EEA2 or the Spouse Visa if I am not registered with the EEA1?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:36 pm

Right, so she is in the UK as a visitor!

Your wife, does she use the form EEA2? No, she does not. Instead she needs to use the form FMRS, and you can download that by clicking here.

So to summarise, you register on the WRS and your wife uses the form FMRS.
John

szabcsee
Newly Registered

Question about two jobs and WRS update

Post by szabcsee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:42 am

Hello, thanks for the help it worked.
I sorted my WRS and my wife already got a letter frm the Home Office about FMRSA. She can start work etc. Although I've started another job. So at the moment i have a 10 hours job WRS registered and a new 18 hrs. I guess I should register with this job at the WRS or is it enough to have one registered? If i have to, how, coz the Home Office has my passport and WRS registration because we had to send it for my wife's FMRSA application.
This Family Permit for my wife means from now she is considered as an EU regarding studying in uni, Council House application and all this stuff, or it is just about the work rights? Thanks for the help. This forum is really useful.

kosteckir
Newly Registered

Post by kosteckir » Fri May 09, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi,
Here is the challenge. I came to UK from Poland a month before Poland joined EU. I was not aware that I need to register with WRS or get Work permit at the time. A year later (2005) I changed my work place and was requested to clarify the situation by HR. I have sent an e-mail with clarification to WRS team and got reply as follows:
“If you have been working in the UK since before May 2004 then you have
been working legally and do not need to apply to the worker registration
scheme.
Regards

WRSâ€

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri May 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Is there any other option to get EEA1 without WRS?
Well yes, you only need to register on the WRS if you are employed. For any other category, such as student or self-employed, you are entitled to enter the UK and exercise EU Treaty Rights, without needing to register on the WRS.
John