ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR! do i qualify? Help needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darkangel
Newly Registered

ILR! do i qualify? Help needed

Post by Darkangel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi all,
I apologise if someone else have already asked this question.
I have a spousal visa issued in june 2012 before the 9th of july rule. I entered the UK on the 21st of july but now I've had conflicting answers saying that i dont qualify for ILR after two yrs because i entered the UK after 9th of july. Is this true?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR! do i qualify? Help needed

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Darkangel wrote:Hi all,
I apologise if someone else have already asked this question.
I have a spousal visa issued in june 2012 before the 9th of july rule. I entered the UK on the 21st of july but now I've had conflicting answers saying that i dont qualify for ILR after two yrs because i entered the UK after 9th of july. Is this true?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
You will be under the old rules and will qualify for settlement after completing the 2 years probationary period providing you meet the other requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ishwarch

Post by Ishwarch » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:13 pm

You are qualified for ILR under 2 year policy.

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Post by Darkangel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Thank you very much for your quick response... i thought so as well but then having read all that conflicting answers i got totally confused.
When you said other requirements, im assuming you meant life in the uk or are there other
requirements i should know about?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Darkangel wrote:Thank you very much for your quick response... i thought so as well but then having read all that conflicting answers i got totally confused.
When you said other requirements, im assuming you meant life in the uk or are there other
requirements i should know about?
When you come to qualify there will be an additional test of English see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf. You must also be able to adequately maintain and accommodate yourself, the relationship must be subsisting and you must not exceed the criminality threshold.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Since you got your visa before 9th July 2013, therefore will be come under old rules. The current life of uk test will be sufficient till 28th October, 2013 and after that a new requirement of English language will be added up too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Post by Darkangel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Thank you all for your help. Truly appreciate it.