ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question on bankers draft

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikitasha8

Quick question on bankers draft

Post by nikitasha8 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi

I have just collected bankers draft from the bank and forgot to ask which number is draft number, account number & sortcode. I need to complete this details on the form as i have to post tomorrow. There are too many numbers on the draft and i am confused which obe is which.

Please reply as soon as possible

Thanks

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Bottom left number is the cheque no. The account that has been debited should also be present on the draft. That is the sort code and account number.

-H

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 am

Hi hussainkothari

I have 3 number at the botton of the cheque.

First I have 6 digit number, then again 6 digit number and then 8 digit number. For A.7 i know i have to use 8 digit account number but not sure which number is should put for A.8 Sortcode and A.9 Cheque number

Thanks

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:10 pm

A.8 Sortcode
The sort code is your bank and branch detail. Every branch in the UK is uniquely identified by 6 digits. Ask your bank and they will tell you. The same is also printed on the draft.
and A.9 Cheque number
In the above case it is 0229002. usually it is in quotes.