ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:33 am

I know hun i think im having one of those moments this morning. 6 days ago i sent them a pre action protocol letter, so im just waiting for their reply if they dont reply within 14 days of my letter then i will be going for judicial review.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 am

Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
Time503 wrote:8 months and counting!!!!!
Me too. Today marks the 8th month. And just rang Home Office but told the same thing :cry:

What did they say to u
Sanny how can u give up? U have a good case moreover it's an extension u r going.
Keep ur head up and distract urself from the HO. I know it's difficult but trust me it will help!!
Same here....eight months and two and half months since biometrics.....waiting to call HO though I know will get the same scripted answer as everyone else.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:45 am

sanny26 wrote:

Same here i feel soooooooooo stress, i felt like giving up. :(
Mine is 13 months now and still no decision from them yet... What is protocol pre-action mean, does it helps ? whats the outcome?
Ale001

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 am

I just rang to check progress of my flro application and was told it's being considered as outstanding so i have to keep waiting, till hopefully the end of summer. I'd never advise anyone to overstay their visas, no matter what, it's frustrating

My timeline:
Ack letter: 20 sept 2012
Biometric done: 18 feb 2012
Decision: waiting

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Fayvritt wrote:I just rang to check progress of my flro application and was told it's being considered as outstanding so i have to keep waiting, till hopefully the end of summer. I'd never advise anyone to overstay their visas, no matter what, it's frustrating

My timeline:
I don't understand " considered as outstanding "
What does dat mean? Anyone pls shed more light.
It's really rediculous cos at 1st they said beginning of summer now their language has changed to end of summer!!!!
May God help us all..... Seriously

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 pm

ale001 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Mine is 13 months now and still no decision from them yet... What is protocol pre-action mean, does it helps ? whats the outcome?

Its a letter u write to ukba judical review team,before u considered to take them to court for the long delay. u give them 14 days to resolve the matter if they doesnt respond them u go for judicial review. And if u have got a very strong case thats one road ukba doesnt wana take,because it would cost them if you wins.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Time503 wrote:
Fayvritt wrote:I just rang to check progress of my flro application and was told it's being considered as outstanding so i have to keep waiting, till hopefully the end of summer. I'd never advise anyone to overstay their visas, no matter what, it's frustrating

My timeline:
It's really rediculous cos at 1st they said beginning of summer now their language has changed to end of summer!!!!

I was doing a simply extension and seems like because i have applied in 2012 my application get caught up in the outstanding batch,but apparently they employed additional staff to deal with that type of application and the newer applications are getting resolve quickly..

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:51 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Time503 wrote:

My timeline:

I was doing a simply extension and seems like because i have applied in 2012 my application get caught up in the outstanding batch,but apparently they employed additional staff to deal with that type of application and the newer applications are getting resolve quickly..
Lets pray dat this new employees will know what they are doing and not a bunch of novice

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 pm

sanny26 wrote:

@sanny26

Don't give up yet. Stay strong and keep up faith that it will get to you soon.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:21 pm

My timeline:
@Fayvritt

I second your advice about not encouraging anybody to overstay their Visas. Its not just frustrating, its also Psycological torture and they have taken it to far with the amount of months and somtimes years they make most people wait for their decision. :x :x :x
Outcome:

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 pm

elastep wrote:

My timeline:
@Fayvritt

I second your advice about not encouraging anybody to overstay their Visas. Its not just frustrating, its also Psycological torture and they have taken it to far with the amount of months and somtimes years they make most people wait for their decision. :x :x :x

I so agree

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi guys, i Just got this mail from my solicitor, what do u think?:

12:51 PM (1 hour ago)

From 7th May 2013 UK Border Agency started decisions of all the pending applications I hope they will decide ur application with in 2 weeks. There is no need to threatens to the Home Office through ombudsman or pre-action.
Ale001

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:33 pm

sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
Me too. Today marks the 8th month. And just rang Home Office but told the same thing :cry:

What did they say to u
It was a guy answered my call this morning. Confirmed my details and put me on hold for 2 mins, came back with "Your application is not yet completed, just keep waiting". That's it :cry:
Received the letter responding my complaint from Temporary Migration Team saying "received an exceptional applications blah blah blah.. we'll write to you as soon as possible" . In the meanwhile, they're prioritising the newer applications! So unfair!!
:cry: :cry:

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:52 pm

ale001 wrote:Hi guys, i Just got this mail from my solicitor, what do u think?:

From 7th May 2013 UK Border Agency started decisions of all the pending applications I hope they will decide ur application with in 2 weeks. There is no need to threatens to the Home Office through ombudsman or pre-action.
Ale001 did u get this reply cos u wanted ur mp to sign the ombudsman form? Cos if that's the case then I doubt the sincerity of this reply. It could be dat he/she just came up with it to avoid signing the form. I may be wrong though. Just my personal opinion.
Deep down I hope and pray its the truth so the waiting can be over for us all!

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:25 pm

The ukba number is complete rubbish. the only information they can give you is "your application is not yet ready" well we already bloody know that, which is the reason we are calling you to find out what the hell is happening with it.

in the event that it is ready most of the time they dont even have this information until after its delivered to you. So its pretty useless to waste your money calling them.

They should give them powers to be able to note down that the application is now past its 6 months mark and should receive urgent priority.

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:37 pm

egoneo wrote:The ukba number is complete rubbish. the only information they can give you is "your application is not yet ready" well we already bloody know that, which is the reason we are calling you to find out what the hell is happening with it.

in the event that it is ready most of the time they dont even have this information until after its delivered to you. So its pretty useless to waste your money calling them.

They should give them powers to be able to note down that the application is now past its 6 months mark and should receive urgent priority.
Yeah very frustrating ...I think most of us are getting the same answer after spending like 8p per min & one off call charge 13.8 p per min.....

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Time503 wrote:

Ale001 did u get this reply cos u wanted ur mp to sign the ombudsman form? Cos if that's the case then I doubt the sincerity of this reply. It could be dat he/she just came up with it to avoid signing the form. I may be wrong though. Just my personal opinion.
No, thats from my solicitor.. I asked him if it make sense i should go for ombudsman through my MP.
Ale001

Saadi
Newly Registered

New member I thought I would share my waiting times

Post by Saadi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Applied flr (o) Dlr April 2012 based on art 8 family life (British wife British daughter)
Acknowledgement April 2012
Biometrics done May 3 2012
Complaint sent may 2013
Reply June 2013
STILL WAITING for a decision

I've been following this thread for a while, we have been waiting 14 months for a decision, it's a very sickening sad feeling to hear nothing and to get nowhere when you contact UKBA , I feel for you all, and I'm sad to see there does not seem to be much good news on this thread ..........please tell me there is another thread with good news on it !
I can't cope with the wait any longer, my MIL is unwell and we need to see her but we are trapped here :cry:

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:12 pm

ale001 wrote:
Time503 wrote:

No, thats from my solicitor.. I asked him if it make sense i should go for ombudsman through my MP.
Thanks for clarifying it for me Ale001. Lets hope it's true...:)

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: New member I thought I would share my waiting times

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Saadi wrote:Applied flr (o) Dlr April 2012 based on art 8 family life (British wife British daughter)
Complaint sent may 2013
Reply June 2013

I've been following this thread for a while, we have been waiting 14 months for a decision, it's a very sickening sad feeling to hear nothing and to get nowhere when you contact UKBA , I feel for you all, and I'm sad to see there does not seem to be much good news on this thread ..........please tell me there is another thread with good news on it !
I can't cope with the wait any longer, my MIL is unwell and we need to see her but we are trapped here :cry:
You are welcome to the forum, it's sad to hear that you've been waiting for over 14 months! But tell you what, we've had good news and expecting more, it's not as bad as you may think. The good thing is we are positive and hope for the best for us all :)

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Saadi wrote:Applied flr (o) Dlr April 2012 based on art 8 family life (British wife British daughter)
Complaint sent may 2013
Reply June 2013

@Saadi

Welcom to the forum!!
Its sad that you have had to wait for 14 months for your decision which they appear to be sleeping on. UKBA have said that they, will complete the outstanding applications by the end of summer which is September 21.
My advice to those of us whom are still waiting for a their decision is to give them that time and if they do not deliver on their promises, we will raid their offices with pitchforks and make them listen to us. :lol: :lol:
Outcome:

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 am

elastep wrote:
Complaint sent may 2013
Reply June 2013

@Saadi

Welcom to the forum!!
Its sad that you have had to wait for 14 months for your decision which they appear to be sleeping on. UKBA have said that they, will complete the outstanding applications by the end of summer which is September 21.
My advice to those of us whom are still waiting for a their decision is to give them that time and if they do not deliver on their promises, we will raid their offices with pitchforks and make them listen to us. :lol: :lol:
@ Elastep
"Raid their office with pitchforks" lol, good sense of humour but how I wish it's possible! Have a cracking day!!!

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:48 am

what they should implement is a policy where if applications arent completed after 6 months then the money is refunded. This would put them under pressure to complete the applications nearing the mark and ensure most or if not all applications are completed on time.

at the moment they feel they can take as long as they want with applications because they have already banked the money

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 am

Good morning my lovelies!

I know there are a lot of people who have been waiting for months and years even, but for the sake of the forum I want to share my success.

I have received an email from my solicitor telling me that my application has been successful and that I was granted 30 months FLR on the basis of my family on the 10 year route to ILR.

Oishola, you are next!

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and I wish you all visa grants this week or the next!

E-hugs xxxx

Timeline updated below :D :D
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:12 am

cookies wrote:Good morning my lovelies!

I know there are a lot of people who have been waiting for months and years even, but for the sake of the forum I want to share my success.

I have received an email from my solicitor telling me that my application has been successful and that I was granted 30 months FLR on the basis of my family on the 10 year route to ILR.

Oishola, you are next!

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and I wish you all visa grants this week or the next!

E-hugs xxxx

Timeline updated below :D :D
congrats, enjoy your freedom!

this confirms that newer applicants are being processed quicker. ive always thought this was to skew statistics and make service standards look better than they actually are. I really do feel sorry for the people waiting 1+ years. We need more transparancy, we need to know where and what is happening with our applications