ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INVESTMENT OF 50K....NEED EXPERT ADVISE

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

my_friend

INVESTMENT OF 50K....NEED EXPERT ADVISE

Post by my_friend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:04 pm

I went to an accountant today and he said that investment is different from expense....

rent, wages, day to day expenses, .........they are included in expenses rather than investment....

investment is more towards buying fixtures or any assets...

so i am confused now....

please expert opinion required...
what kind of investment is UKBA looking for...i thought wages, rent of premises etc would be a part of investment...but the accountant said they are expenses...

please need advise...what others are doing

checklist
Newly Registered

Post by checklist » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi, sorry i just sent you a private message instead.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:08 pm

checklist wrote:Hi, sorry i just sent you a private message instead.
could we discuss this openly?

checklist
Newly Registered

Post by checklist » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:11 pm

confused90 wrote:
Yes sorry.

I had some investment in my business savings account and also all payments from clients went into my savings account. I transferred money into my business current account in small amounts through the year to run my business (travels, materials, payment to sub contracts etc expenses), and the investment total is shown through my bank transfers.

my application was successful.

My accountant who has helped with a number of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applications says you could have part capital investment and part money you earned and pumped back into your business to make up the £50,000. He has done that with another client as well whose application was successful and got it back within 4 weeks.

But i'm not an expert, this is just what my accountant advised.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:43 pm

checklist wrote:
confused90 wrote:
Yes sorry.

I had some investment in my business savings account and also all payments from clients went into my savings account. I transferred money into my business current account in small amounts through the year to run my business (travels, materials, payment to sub contracts etc expenses), and the investment total is shown through my bank transfers.

My accountant who has helped with a number of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applications says you could have part capital investment and part money you earned and pumped back into your business to make up the £50,000. He has done that with another client as well whose application was successful and got it back within 4 weeks.

Thank-You for the clarification.
But if you take out the profits (money you earned) out of the company account as dividends, you would be liable to pay tax on them too

And at the same time, if you are getting payment for services done into your personal account instead of the company account. Your company will show a loss at the end of the year, as it consists of only cash outflows and shall make HMRC suspicious and they might raise an enquiry.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Checklist - I have sent you a pm.
checklist wrote:
confused90 wrote:
Yes sorry.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Can we invest money in an existing retail company after getting visa (psw route) and our job title is Marketing & Sales director .. ?

checklist
Newly Registered

Post by checklist » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi I think it depends on your business...If you're service oriented you break even quite quickly, but if it's product/brand developing you might break even in 2 years depending, so you'll be losing a lot of money in the beginning, so whether you're profiting or not is not an issue? as long as you're investing £50,000 into the economy through your business.

no i'm self employed but only strictly receive payments for my work in my business account, never personal. that would be messy.

confused90 wrote:
checklist wrote:
confused90 wrote:
Yes sorry.

Thank-You for the clarification.
But if you take out the profits (money you earned) out of the company account as dividends, you would be liable to pay tax on them too

And at the same time, if you are getting payment for services done into your personal account instead of the company account. Your company will show a loss at the end of the year, as it consists of only cash outflows and shall make HMRC suspicious and they might raise an enquiry.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:57 pm

So retail business is okay to invest ?

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:02 am

Legal83 wrote:So retail business is okay to invest ?
what kind of retail business are u planning to invest in...?...are the core services of that business NVQ level 4 or above...

u shud be investing in a graduate level business in 50K category....

so i am not sure if retail business will qualify so do share what kind of business is it...

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:07 am

It is a retail business dealing with bags and sun glasses .

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:26 am

Legal83 wrote:It is a retail business dealing with bags and sun glasses .

what is your job title in it...and will ur business be selling bags and sun glasses....

selling bags and sun glasses is not NVQ level 4 or above...core services of your business should be NVQ level 4 or above...

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:31 am

My job title is Marketing & Sales Manager ... And there apparently is no such requirementt or restriction on visa that restricts from investing in retail.business . Even I read extension requirements and that doesnt say anything about this

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:11 am

Your visa condition remain same irrespective if nature of business u do but u will not get extension ans score point for it if ur business dnt meet Nqf level 4 requirement.

Regards
Legal83 wrote:My job title is Marketing & Sales Manager ... And there apparently is no such requirementt or restriction on visa that restricts from investing in retail.business . Even I read extension requirements and that doesnt say anything about this

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 am

Legal83 wrote:My job title is Marketing & Sales Manager ... And there apparently is no such requirementt or restriction on visa that restricts from investing in retail.business . Even I read extension requirements and that doesnt say anything about this
u can invest as much as u want in any business as u like...however be advised that ur 50 k visa category ask u to be at graduate level occupation therefore the business that you would apply with for extension needs to be at NVQ 4 or above...

at the time of extension they might question and refuse so just be careful when u apply for extension and dont give a chance for them to refuse...