ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier2 from outside UK and other general queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigiboy

Applying for Tier2 from outside UK and other general queries

Post by jigiboy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 am

Question 1:
Do you have the list of sponsors or rather companies or consultants who are willing to provide COS to people from outside UK?
It will help if you provide names through which you have managed to apply successfully.
I guess getting COS would be the first step before applying for Tier2.
I will be applying for Tier2 from an Asian country

Question 2:
What is the maximum timeline for which Tier2 is issued and can the same be extended?

Question 3:
Will I be able to apply for ILR if I am in UK for 5 years on Tier2?

Question 4:
Can I switch to Tier2 General category if I come to UK on ICT?

VickyImmy

Post by VickyImmy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:13 pm

1. Well, that's not easy. It would be a good idea to ask this to the companies before or after the interview. Because, few companies decide to apply for a sponsorship license if they really need to hire someone who need TIER 2.

2. 3 years and a month! It can be extended for another 3 years and a month! However, this will depend on your contract period with your company. Not possible after 6 years. After that you need to apply for settlement.

3.Well, under TIER 2 (General) yes you are eligible. Under TIER 2 (ICT) I'm afraid you cant. Because ILR requires 5 years of continuous stay. According to new rules, you will have to leave the country before your extend your leave for your second term under TIER 2 (ICT). This will break the continuous leave criteria as you can apply only after an year.

4. No you cant unless you are an TIER 2 ICT (Established Staff*, if you are changing your sponsor whilst in UK) or as a normal TIER 2 ICT your visa was granted before 6 April 2010 (This applies to the previous question as well). Henceforth, You will have to leave the country and have to re-apply again after 1 year.

* Established staff is when you have worked for your company for more than 12 months that sponsored you for TIER 2 (ICT). In addition, you applied under long term staff/ short term staff for this VISA.

Also Please note if even you are an Established staff, if your current VISA is granted after 06 April 2011 under long staff category, then you are not eligible to switch into TIER 2 general at all!

jigiboy

Post by jigiboy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks for the reply VickyImmy.

This is my understanding based on your post.
Please clear my understanding. So if I am issued a Tier2(ICT) visa which is valid for 12 months say from July 2013 and i am working for the company for more than 12 months in my home country then once I am in UK I can switch to Tier2 general.

VickyImmy

Post by VickyImmy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:47 am

Noooopee!

Please read the last line in previous answer. If that is the case you can never switch to TIER 2 General according to the current regulations.

Bottom Line! Any migrants under TIER 2 ICT IN FUTURE will not be be able to switch to TIER 2 (General). Which in turn means they wont be eligible for ILR/Settlement. They wont be able to find another job as well whilst in UK.

jigiboy

Post by jigiboy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:12 pm

I have been through the UKBA Site.

Check the below link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

Check the question at the bottom.
Can you switch to Tier2 General?

One of the point it mentions is:
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer: established staff), if you are applying to switch sponsor

So as per the above statement I can switch.

Can you check that and let me know

VickyImmy

Post by VickyImmy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Well, if you look at the TIER 2 Policy guidance that is given at the right side of the link you have provided,

Just check page 4 and 5. In page 5, at the bottom of the box, the first note in small font explains what you are looking for!

That is why you cant SWITCH to TIER 2 (General). However, you can apply for TIER 2 (General) as a fresh applicant from your home country.

jigiboy

Post by jigiboy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:43 am

Its difficult to get a sponsor sitting in my Home country. Nobody is willing to do that. Applying for Tier general is not that easy.
Do let me know if you know someone who can help me out.

VickyImmy

Post by VickyImmy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Check the Employment offers and job seekers forum in the home page of this website.