ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Wife - HELP!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinodt1347

ILR for Wife - HELP!!

Post by vinodt1347 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi,

I have recently got my ILR on 23/May/13. I had landed here on 1/Apr/2008. I applied thru the PEO route but only for myself. Previously I had a tier 2 work permit.
My wife arrived on 31/May/2008 along with kids and now I want to apply for the wife and kids. The UKBA had confirmed this was OK to do.

Iam confused as it if I should use SET 0 or SET M.
I have seen some cases of SET 0 being used but SET M says its for partner of a person settled in UK.

Some have adivsed using SET 0 and give category as Others.

Help.

Regards
Vinod

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Wife - HELP!!

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 pm

vinodt1347 wrote:Hi,

I have recently got my ILR on 23/May/13. I had landed here on 1/Apr/2008. I applied thru the PEO route but only for myself. Previously I had a tier 2 work permit.
My wife arrived on 31/May/2008 along with kids and now I want to apply for the wife and kids. The UKBA had confirmed this was OK to do.

I have seen some cases of SET 0 being used but SET M says its for partner of a person settled in UK.

Help.

Regards
Vinod
A PBS dependent who has qualified (2 years under the old rules) can apply for settlement on form set(o). Set(m) is to be completed by those with stay as a partner/spouse of a settled person/British person (namely those with flr(m))
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:46 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Help.

Regards
Vinod
A PBS dependent who has qualified (2 years under the old rules) can apply for settlement on form set(o). Set(m) is to be completed by those with stay as a partner/spouse of a settled person/British person (namely those with flr(m))
Right - So should I choose SET 0? And what category do I use? dependent of a PBS or as Others? Current since I have ILR would I be a PBS?

Regards
Vinod

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Help.

Regards
Vinod
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 pm

vinodt1347 wrote: Right - So should I choose SET 0? And what category do I use? dependent of a PBS or as Others? Current since I have ILR would I be a PBS?

Regards
Vinod
ILR represents a settled status and does not fall under PBS. Refer at below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:23 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
vinodt1347 wrote: Right - So should I choose SET 0? And what category do I use? dependent of a PBS or as Others? Current since I have ILR would I be a PBS?

Regards
Vinod
Confused now. Is it SET 0 with Others or FLR M?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:54 pm

If still confuse then follow the following UKBA link in order to know what exact form you need:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rightform/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 pm

vinodt1347 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:

Regards
Vinod
Confused now. Is it SET 0 with Others or FLR M?
If your spouse is on a PBS dependent visa and has satisfied the requirement (2 years under the old rules) then the application would be on form set(o).

uk_2010

Post by uk_2010 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm

vinodt1347,
You should use SET O form and tick category as 'Others' and write in the box below 'PBS dependent of ILR holder'.
This would do provided your wife have spent her 2 years in UK with you from the date of application without any major absence(please note that though here is no written rule about absences of dependent in your category, they might/have questioned it, if it is too long). Advise you take as many as cohabitation docs as possible.
All the best.

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 am

uk_2010 wrote:vinodt1347,
You should use SET O form and tick category as 'Others' and write in the box below 'PBS dependent of ILR holder'.
This would do provided your wife have spent her 2 years in UK with you from the date of application without any major absence(please note that though here is no written rule about absences of dependent in your category, they might/have questioned it, if it is too long). Advise you take as many as cohabitation docs as possible.
All the best.
Thanks this answer is clear. Will also call the helpline at ukba though they are often as confused :)
My wife would have spent 5 years and 3 days now with absence of 25 days for vacations

uk_2010

Post by uk_2010 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:31 am

Yes the can travel and they have travelled in couple of cases.
All the beat

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:38 am

vinodt1347 wrote:
All the best.
Thanks this answer is clear. Will also call the helpline at ukba though they are often as confused :)
My wife would have spent 5 years and 3 days now with absence of 25 days for vacations
Had a look at the FLR M guidance and it says
Form FLR(M) must not be used if you are applying for an
extension of stay:
• As a dependant of a PBS migrant (who has temporary
leave or has obtained indefinite leave to remain as a
PBS migrant) - the correct form is PBS Dependant

It seems all about extension.

And as far as SET M is concerened the guidance says

If you were not last granted limited leave to enter
or remain or remain as the partner of a person
present and settled in the UK under paragraph
281, 284, 295A or 295D, you must not use this
form. The correct form to apply for further leave
to remain on as a partner of a person present and
settled is form FlR(M).

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:30 am

vinodt1347 wrote:
vinodt1347 wrote:
All the best.
Had a look at the FLR M guidance and it says
Form FLR(M) must not be used if you are applying for an
extension of stay:
• As a dependant of a PBS migrant (who has temporary
leave or has obtained indefinite leave to remain as a
PBS migrant) - the correct form is PBS Dependant

It seems all about extension.

And as far as SET M is concerened the guidance says

If you were not last granted limited leave to enter
or remain or remain as the partner of a person
present and settled in the UK under paragraph
281, 284, 295A or 295D, you must not use this
form. The correct form to apply for further leave
to remain on as a partner of a person present and
settled is form FlR(M).

Called up the UKBA helpline and they said to use the SET 0 and use PBS dependent as category since that is her category now.
Have recorded the conversation for future use if required.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 am

Hi, I am also in the same situation, My husband got ILR in Dec'12 and I am now applying for me using SET (O).

My question is on filling the section 5 on SET (O) form. It asks ARE YOU WORKING IN THE UK? I am dependent and I am working so do I need to mention my salary their and send my salary slips as well as a proof?

Can someone send me the list of documents I need to send for the application for me and my husband.

Thanks

uk_2010

Post by uk_2010 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 am

Simi UK,
Refer to this [url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=] topic[/url] for document list. You can take any additional documents pertaining to your specific scenario if you like.

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:56 am

uk_2010 wrote:Simi UK,
Refer to this topic for document list. You can take any additional documents pertaining to your specific scenario if you like.
Hmm - for my wife's ILR I was planning only on giving the usual docs like bank statement, co-habitation, LIUK, marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. I was not planning to give my passport or BRP. I am planning to give a certified copy of my BRP card and the original letter clarifying that I have been granted the ILR. This is because I may need to travel to India soon.

Rgds
Vinod

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:33 am

vinodt1347 wrote:
Refer to this topic for document list. You can take any additional documents pertaining to your specific scenario if you like.
Hmm - for my wife's ILR I was planning only on giving the usual docs like bank statement, co-habitation, LIUK, marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. I was not planning to give my passport or BRP. I am planning to give a certified copy of my BRP card and the original letter clarifying that I have been granted the ILR. This is because I may need to travel to India soon.

Rgds
Vinod
Called up UKBA and they clarified that my passport/BRP is not required. I will provide a certified copy all the same..

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Read this thread it will help you guys

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 pm

vinodt1347 wrote:
vinodt1347 wrote:
Refer to this topic

Called up UKBA and they clarified that my passport/BRP is not required. I will provide a certified copy all the same..
Hi, I just noticed that you have used certified copies of your brp and passport. Can you please let me know with certified do you mean attested? Where can we get the copies certified? How much does it cost??

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 am

Simi UK wrote:
vinodt1347 wrote:
vinodt1347 wrote:
Refer to this topic

Hi, I just noticed that you have used certified copies of your brp and passport. Can you please let me know with certified do you mean attested? Where can we get the copies certified? How much does it cost??
Hi,

You can get it certified as true copy at a post office. Not all post offices have this facility - pl. check in their website.

Rgds
Vinod