ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband will switch from WPH to HSMP Dependant - pls help

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sesseda
Newly Registered

My husband will switch from WPH to HSMP Dependant - pls help

Post by sesseda » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi.

I am HSMP holder since August 2005. After the completion of the 1st year, I applied for extention and it is extended until August 2010. Now, I got married and my husband is WP Holder. He would like to HSMP dependant so he can work on contract based positions.

I would appreciate if you could help me on which form do we need to fill in and how the process is going to work?

Would you recommend us to do it before 2008 changes in the overall visa system or wait for these first?

Any comment is appreciated. Many thanks...

Seda

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:04 am

I believe he can apply for HSMP Dependant whenever you both want. There is no restriction (as far as I know). If you want to wait till 2008, then it is your choice but I think you are free to apply for HSMP Dependant Visa :)

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:13 am

However I thought I saw someone write that the use HSMP dependent visa stops his 5 year clock so be careful with this change