ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Permit in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramc86
Newly Registered

Residence Permit in Ireland

Post by ramc86 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Hello there, I'm new to this forum would just like to ask a few things maybe they have already been answered, but would appreciate someone's help. I'm British, currently living in the Philippines and my wife has been granted her entry visa to Ireland under EU treaty rights, I understand that within the first 3 months I must be employed etc to make an application for my wife's residence in Ireland, I would like to know what if I cannot find employment in Ireland within them first initial 3 months, must my wife then leave the country?? or can she still remain with me in Ireland?? thanks.

Diomond

Re: Residence Permit in Ireland

Post by Diomond » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:24 pm

ramc86 wrote:Hello there, I'm new to this forum would just like to ask a few things maybe they have already been answered, but would appreciate someone's help. I'm British, currently living in the Philippines and my wife has been granted her entry visa to Ireland under EU treaty rights, I understand that within the first 3 months I must be employed etc to make an application for my wife's residence in Ireland, I would like to know what if I cannot find employment in Ireland within them first initial 3 months, must my wife then leave the country?? or can she still remain with me in Ireland?? thanks.
To be honest ,no one checks 3 month rule, as in Ireland eu national does not hv to register. But if u have to then you have to prove that you are looking for work, and you have a chance to get the job.

ramc86
Newly Registered

Post by ramc86 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:19 am

So as long as you can show you are actively seeking work then they cannot deport my wife from the country, luckily we have good savings to tie us over until can find employment, just abit worried bcuz of the way Ireland is in at the moment.

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:44 pm

If you will be residing with sufficient resources (option E, Section 3 on EU1 form) then that should suffice.

Another option is to find part time work, a few hours a week would be enough.

Alternatively, register yourself as self employed and do some business.

Studying is yet another option.

It really is not all that hard and the targets are pretty low : ie a few hours work part time as opposed to full time employment.

ramc86
Newly Registered

Post by ramc86 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 pm

hello there and thank you for your reply! do you know how much is required to apply as self sufficient.. ??

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:17 pm

@ ramc

I am unable to answer that question. Hopefully someone else can.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:07 pm

ramc86 wrote:hello there and thank you for your reply! do you know how much is required to apply as self sufficient.. ??
Enough to satisfy the INIS that you are self sufficient. To give you a rough idea, do you think you're self sufficient really? Paying rents, bills, food etc without any help from the state whatsoever?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.