ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife & Visiting Visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Wife & Visiting Visa?

Post by Stuckhelp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi all,

Have a question about my wife who is from Serbia, I am UK born but Serbian myself.

While my wife studies for a marriage visa (english exam etc) is there a visa she can apply for as my wife to come and visit me for 1- weeks?

She currently does not work but can I guarantee for her for a short stay just to come and see me?

Thanks

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Stuckhelp » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 pm

/bump :)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Wife & Visiting Visa?

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Stuckhelp wrote:Hi all,

Have a question about my wife who is from Serbia, I am UK born but Serbian myself.

While my wife studies for a marriage visa (english exam etc) is there a visa she can apply for as my wife to come and visit me
Thanks
She can apply spouse visa. Refer below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... spouse-cp/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Stuckhelp » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
Stuckhelp wrote:Hi all,

While my wife studies for a marriage visa (english exam etc) is there a visa she can apply for as my wife to come and visit me
Thanks
She can apply spouse visa. Refer below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... spouse-cp/
Hi there,

thanks for your reply but I know she can apply for a spouse visa.

My question was while she is learning English for the spouse visa test, can she apply for a totally different visa to just come to visit me for 2 weeks?

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Stuckhelp wrote: She currently does not work but can I guarantee for her for a short stay just to come and see me?
yes, she can apply for a visitor visa but the purpose of the visitor visa is short visit and return to the country of origin after visit.
UKBA will not accept your word that she would be returning after a short stay - so do ensure you provide documentary evidence in support to the application to confirm her ties with the country and motivation for return - otherwise they will take a very skeptical view and doubt the purpose of visit.

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Stuckhelp » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am

ban.s wrote:
Stuckhelp wrote: She currently does not work but can I guarantee for her for a short stay just to come and see me?
yes, she can apply for a visitor visa but the purpose of the visitor visa is short visit and return to the country of origin after visit.
UKBA will not accept your word that she would be returning after a short stay - so do ensure you provide documentary evidence in support to the application to confirm her ties with the country and motivation for return - otherwise they will take a very skeptical view and doubt the purpose of visit.
Thanks for the answer :)

Hmmm really? I would have thought her being married to me would be enough guess not lol