ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Showy

OCI

Post by Showy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:00 pm

The status has finaly ychanged today:

File Acknowledgment Number ********
Date Of Acknowledgment 12-MAR-2013
Registration Status at Mission BIRMINGHAM
OCI- Number A******** (OCI NUMBER GIVEN TODAY)
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 06-JUN-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At BIRMINGHAM On

So now lets see how long it takes to be dispatched...Another Wait....

nikkyraj

Re: oci

Post by nikkyraj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:18 pm

eashkuma4 wrote:Dear all

I am submitting my oci application in person. Can some one who recently sent the application share the documents required?

Many thanks
Hi eashkuma4

I submitted my OCI application in person on 3rd June at Edinburgh and these are the documents i submitted:

1. copy of the photo page and observation page of British passport.
2. copy of Naturalisation certificate.
3. copy of Surrender certificate
4. copy of photo page, last page and observation page of Indian passport.
5. copy of latest address proof (utility bill/bank statement)
6. original application form with one 50x50 photo pasted on it.
7. 3x more of the same photo (50x50)
8. fees in cash of £175.

Please note all the above photocopies need to be self attested. I also took all the above mentioned original documents, which were returned to me the same time after cross verification.

Hope this helps.

eashkuma4
India

OCI

Post by eashkuma4 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Thank you for the list

can you let me know if you have uploaded the photo on the online form?

nikkyraj

Re: OCI

Post by nikkyraj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 pm

eashkuma4 wrote:Thank you for the list

can you let me know if you have uploaded the photo on the online form?
Hi

I did not upload the photo. I just filled part A and B of the form online, and skipped the photo upload part. Took a print out of the form, and pasted a photo on it.
Its best to do it this way, and keep it simple and old school. I did it because i dont live in Edinburgh, and to save myself any hassle and money in case i make a mistake and need to go back to Edinburgh.

So, my advice would be to just skip the upload option. Go to Boots, and get photos taken from the photo booth, specifically for India size 50x50, and then paste one the form, and take the other 3 with the form, because you will need to submit those 3 with the application.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 pm

nikkyraj wrote:Go to Boots, and get photos taken from the photo booth, specifically for India size 50x50, and then paste one the form, and
Thanks Nikkyraj for confirming this, I was going to ask you if you used the Boots photoBooth and did consulate say anything about it, did they accept it all ok with the background color and everything.
nikkyraj wrote: take the other 3 with the form, because you will need to submit those 3 with the application.
Thats' weird because when you do postal application, they ask only for one photograph pasted on form then one wonder why do they ask for extra 3 when submitting in person.

nikkyraj

Post by nikkyraj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:47 pm

destiniation_london wrote:
nikkyraj wrote:Go to Boots, and get photos taken from the photo booth, specifically for India size 50x50, and then paste one the form, and
Thanks Nikkyraj for confirming this, I was going to ask you if you used the Boots photoBooth and did consulate say anything about it, did they accept it all ok with the background color and everything.
nikkyraj wrote: take the other 3 with the form, because you will need to submit those 3 with the application.
Thats' weird because when you do postal application, they ask only for one photograph pasted on form then one wonder why do they ask for extra 3 when submitting in person.
Boots photobooth is a very common place people go to to get their picture taken for the Indian visa/OCI, so it is ok. The Consulate accepts them without any problem. The background colour and everything else is fine, just follow the instructions on the screen when taking a picture and you should be ok. Dont worry at all.
Bearing in mind, not everyone is technically sound, so the Consulate accepts it just fine if you paste your picture on the form, rather than uploading it online. It says on the website as well, that you can either upload it online, or paste it on the form. So it is an acceptable way.

I do not have any answer as to why they ask for additional 3 photos when submitting in person, and not when you do a postal application. All i can say is that Indian Consulates like to make things complicated and lengthy, so that can count an as answer to your question, hence proving the fact in the backlog and the time they take to process the applications.

You will get 4 photos printed anyway, paste one one the form and take the other 3 with you when submitting the application. If they ask for additional photos then just give them, or else bring them back with you. There is nothing to lose. Maybe it depends on the Consulate you are going to. On the CGI Edinburgh website, they asked for a copy of proof of address, but as far as i remember, there was no mention of it on HCI London or CGI Birmingham website when i checked.
So, my suggestion will be to go prepared with all the documents i have mentioned. If they ask for all of them then fair play, if not, then no harm done !

eashkuma4
India

OCI

Post by eashkuma4 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Is the Consulate okay to submit a form which is not having a photograph embedded because we didnt upload, did they objected it?

nikkyraj

Post by nikkyraj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm

eashkuma4 wrote:Is the Consulate okay to submit a form which is not having a photograph embedded because we didnt upload, did they objected it?
Yes the consulate is fine, because after completing the form online, it will save it as a .pdf file which you will need to print and attach a photograph. The consulate is fine with it.

nikkyraj

Post by nikkyraj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm

eashkuma4 wrote:Is the Consulate okay to submit a form which is not having a photograph embedded because we didnt upload, did they objected it?
Yes the consulate is fine, because after completing the form online, it will save it as a .pdf file which you will need to print and attach a photograph. The consulate is fine with it.

garichd

Post by garichd » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:05 pm

vij_sp_1980 wrote:OCI Application(infant kid): 21st May 2013 (in person @ HCI London)
Photo/signature at mission:
Registration Status at Mission :
OCI documents printed :
OCI dispatched from Delhi :
OCI documents Recd London :

Hello vij_sp_1980, can you please share the status of your application as I am about to apply for infant as well..!

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Showy wrote:The status has finaly ychanged today:

Hi

I submitted my OCI application in person on the same day at Birmingham and may have bumped into you not knowing. Do you the time of the day we have to go to Birmingham to submit our passport?

Regards

Narayanan1234
Newly Registered

Re: Oci acknowledgement

Post by Narayanan1234 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Narayanan1234 wrote:Hi
I applied for oci London by post on march 27th. I still didn't get acknowledged.When I check online status it says
It seems the passport number provided doesn't match the web file number provided

When I click forgot registration number and entered my passport number and date of birth it says no records found.

When I emailed them they replied pl check status online only

I have seen they acknowledged the applications they received on April 8th.

I sent my original passport and surrender certificate with the application. I don't know what is happening with my application. Is anyone in same situation?
Can someone help me what should I do next ?
Thanks
Narayanan

Finally they acknowledged my application yesterday(6th Jun).

eashkuma4
India

OCI

Post by eashkuma4 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:11 pm

I have submitted my OCI application today at HCI London in person. I went there morning 6 AM and have received number 3 and finished by 10 AM

I have given photo copies of all the following inlcuding showing original surrender

1. Self attested photo copies of british passport
2. self attested photo copies of surrender certificate
3. self attested photo copy of naturalization certificate
4. self attested photo copies of cancelled indian passport

pgandhi1
Newly Registered

Re: birmingham timeline

Post by pgandhi1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:23 pm

pgandhi1 wrote:
papiaroy wrote:
pgandhi1 wrote:Hi

I applied at Birmingham and it was acknowledged on 6 March and has now finally been granted and document printing status is processed 3 June.

Anyone know how long the Delhi office takes to send it back?
Thanks
Hi
Congrats. Does your status say whether your documents have been dispatched from Delhi?
Thanks
Papia

Hi thanks!

Not yet it's only been processed on 3 June as printing ..i guess it takes a couple of days to dispatch from Delhi..will post when it does!
Birmingham time line

Acknowledged in person at Birmingham 6 march
Granted and printed 3 June
Posted from Delhi 7 June
Received in Birmingham awaiting

Showy

Post by Showy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:58 am

chunkybeefsoup wrote:
Showy wrote:The status has finaly ychanged today:

Hi

I submitted my OCI application in person on the same day at Birmingham and may have bumped into you not knowing. Do you the time of the day we have to go to Birmingham to submit our passport?

Regards

Hi ChunkyBeefSoup (luv the name :lol: )

We still have to wait until it gets to Birmingham, not despatched from Delhi yet but hopefully based on the other timelines should be dispatched in next few days (usually 3-4 days after processed date), then another 2 weeks for Birmingham to acknowledge. My current plan is just to post the passports with the printouts of confirmation and then hopefully 7 days later should be returned, but if you are going in person apparantly (others will confirm) you have to submit your passport in the morning and collect them after 4pm in the afternoon.

Hope it helps

macgyver

Post by macgyver » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 am

I submitted my OCI application in person at HCI London on 6th Jun. Reached there at 8 am and there were more than 100 people in front of me in the queue. Reached front of the queue at around 9:45 and was given a taken number and told to return after 12 same day. Returned at 12:15 to be told that there are still about 25 people in front of me. And they break for lunch from 1300 to 1400 hrs, so my turn will come only after 2 PM. I waited there and was called at around 3 PM. Took only 10 min at the window.
Documents submitted:

Photocopies of
British passport for me, wife n kid
Surrender certificates
Naturalisation certificates
Marriage certificate (do not think it was needed)
Birth certificate (don't think it was needed)
Fees of £525 in cash

She checked the originals for only the surrender certificates and was told to check the progress online and return in about 6 weeks time.

HTH

docvenkat
Newly Registered

OCI new rules

Post by docvenkat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Hello people , just to let everyone know
They recently introduced a new rule re OCI that it has to be renewed untill age 20, every time when passport is renewed and also once above 50 age

Ref: OCI website

smatt

Re: OCI new rules

Post by smatt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 am

docvenkat wrote:Hello people , just to let everyone know
They recently introduced a new rule re OCI that it has to be renewed untill age 20, every time when passport is renewed and also once above 50 age

Can you plz share the website.......

VishalG

OCI Collection

Post by VishalG » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:25 am

Hi All

Does anyone knows that in Birmingham also they give OCI can be collected on same day as in London once approved and delivered in birmingham.

As in London once your documents are received in London you can submit passport and get token between 9.30 to 12 and than collect your passport with stiker and oci card on same day between 3.00 to 4.30.

Is it same in Birmingham. if yes what are the timmings.

Thanks

ban.s

Re: OCI new rules

Post by ban.s » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:28 am

docvenkat wrote:Hello people , just to let everyone know

this is not a new rule - i don't know exactly when this was introduced but it's in place for quite sometime.

eashkuma4
India

OCI

Post by eashkuma4 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:52 pm

No, Birmingham doesn't have same day collection, collection is possible only after 7 days, it is on their website too

piridi.ark

online status enquiry

Post by piridi.ark » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Dear all,
Please Kindly advise
Family OCI london postal application (me+wife+son)
Posted on 20-05-2013,
Received by them on next day 21-05-2013.

When checking online status from below link

https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

The passport number: (british passport number)

Online registration No: GBRLI....

I am getting the below message:
It seems that the passport number provided doesn't match the Web-File Number Provided

I am bit worrying and I would like to check with you all who recently succesfully received their OCI card.

Please kindly advise, if I Input wrong details.

Passport no: is it british passport number or old indian passport number

The number GBRLI...... is it online registration number or File(Acknowledgment ) no:

Thanks

eashkuma4
India

OCI

Post by eashkuma4 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi,

It only gets shown when they acknowledge your application and until then you see this message.

If it is a postal application, check timelines on this forum

Don;t worry your application will be with them.

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm

eashkuma4 wrote:No, Birmingham doesn't have same day collection, collection is possible only after 7 days, it is on their website too
Hi

Do you know what time you have to there at Birmingham to hand in your passport please?

eashkuma4
India

OCI

Post by eashkuma4 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Please see below from CGI Site

What do I do on learning that my OCI card and visa sticker has reached the Consulate?

You may either come in person and submit your British or concerned passport across the counter on any working day between 09:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon (Submission of documents). Always bring along/enclose print out of online status, PIO card (if any) and fee receipt in original. You need not take any prior appointment with any official. However, the service at the counter is on first come first serve basis. Alternatively, you may send your passport through special delivery post. You can also choose to have your OCI card and the visa sticker affixed passport delivered to you through post. Postal delivery would require the applicant to send or submit a pre-paid self addressed special delivery envelope.The OCI card and the visa affixed passport is generally ready for delivery at the counter/despatch through post within seven working days from the date of its submission at the counter or receipt through post. This does not include time taken by the postal department for delivery.