ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Ireland on ILR

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balixonline
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visiting Ireland on ILR

Post by balixonline » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi,

I am looking to visit Ireland for 2 days in June. I am a Non-EU national and holds 'Indefinite leave to remain in the UK' visa.

Do you think I will have to apply for visa to visit ireland?

Thanks..

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Unfortunately, only holders of UK C visas valid for less than 180 days are entitled for the Irish visa waiver program: http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/uploa ... 202012.pdf

So you can double check with the Irish embassy, but it looks like you will need a visa.

Malika

Post by Malika » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm

If you are a visa-required national, the simplest answer is Yes................you need a visa. (if your country is not exempted) what is your nationality?

Doesn't matter if you have ILR ................. I know someone who was turned back after arriving at Dublin airport with a Refugee Travel Document stating clearly that visa wasn't required. Immigration just told that it was mistake.

Regards,
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA