ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with ILR Tier 1 dependent (economic route )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Charliewhite

Help with ILR Tier 1 dependent (economic route )

Post by Charliewhite » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Greetings!!!

Hello, My Self and My UK Born Baby got ILR Last Year through Tier 1 General route (5 years). I couldn't apply ILR for my wife at that time as she didn't complete required 2 years Period. Case worker advised that she can continue with Tier 1 dependent visa until she completes the 2 years which is valid until end this year (2013).

Now she completed the required 2 years.

Can you please help with below questions?

Which form I Need to use to apply ILR SET O Is this Right?

What are the supporting Documents I Need to Use?

Do I Need to Show the Maintenance Fund?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
Charlie

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Help with ILR Tier 1 dependent (economic route )

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Charliewhite wrote:Greetings!!!

Hello, My Self and My UK Born Baby got ILR Last Year through Tier 1 General route (5 years). I couldn't apply ILR for my wife at that time as she didn't complete required 2 years Period. Case worker advised that she can continue with Tier 1 dependent visa until she completes the 2 years which is valid until end this year (2013).

Now she completed the required 2 years.

Can you please help with below questions?

Which form I Need to use to apply ILR SET O Is this Right?

What are the supporting Documents I Need to Use?

Do I Need to Show the Maintenance Fund?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
Charlie
1. SET O Form
2.What are the documents you have at present,for proof of Co-Habitation for 2 years
3. As long as you could maintain your family with out recourse to public funds,you are fine. You need to give some more details.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Charliewhite

Post by Charliewhite » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Kevin,
Thank you very much for you kind replay.

I have below co- docs

1. last 2 year council tax, gas, electricity, water bills with both names
2. Last banks statements.. different account in same bank with same address.
3.Last 2 years electrol register confirmation, NI Card, NHS Card, Driving licence.

I was permanent employee till last march. I can able to show bank statement and salary slip. from april onward started doing contracting... I'm in the process of starting my limited compay. now i can able to show my contract details. and company opening realted docs but no salary slips for last 2 months.

Is there any thing additionally i need to include with my application.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Charliewhite wrote:Kevin,

I have below co- docs

3.Last 2 years electrol register confirmation, NI Card, NHS Card, Driving licence.

I was permanent employee till last march. I can able to show bank statement and salary slip. from april onward started doing contracting... I'm in the process of starting my limited compay. now i can able to show my contract details. and company opening realted docs but no salary slips for last 2 months.

Hi! Please bear with me whether it's SET O 0r SET M,let me check and come back to you. What about G.P's Letters?,Marriage Certificate,Child's Birth Certificate?
KEVIN

Charliewhite

Post by Charliewhite » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to mention about the below docs in first instance... I have all G.P Letters, Marriage Certificate and birth Certificates.

Thanks

Charlie

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Charliewhite wrote:Hi Kevin,

Sorry to mention about the below docs in first instance... I have all G.P Letters, Marriage Certificate and birth Certificates.

Thanks

Charlie
Documents looks fine. When are you going to apply for your wife's ILR?
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Charliewhite wrote:Kevin,

I have below co- docs

Hi! Please bear with me whether it's SET O 0r SET M,let me check and come back to you. What about G.P's Letters?,Marriage Certificate,Child's Birth Certificate?
These Forms are so confusing for me. I think you must first apply for FLR(M) and then SET(M). I will check on this and will come back to you or some one will correct me. If you have time go through the Forum and check for your self.
KEVIN

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:02 am

Kevin24 wrote:These Forms are so confusing for me. I think you must first apply for FLR(M) and then SET(M). I will check on this and will come back to you or some one will correct me. If you have time go through the Forum and check for your self.
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 am

A PBS dependent under the old rules who has now qualified the two year period can apply for ilr with form set(o). Set(m) is for those with flr(m).

You need to prove the cohabitation since the last PBS dep leave was granted up to a maximum of two years. The proof should be spread evenly over the period, for 2 years this should be every 4 months, roughly, there should be a letter each or one in joint names. This letter should show names, address and date. Things like council tax, bank statements, utility bills etc.....
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:30 am

D4109125 wrote:A PBS dependent under the old rules who has now qualified the two year period can apply for ilr with form set(o). Set(m) is for those with flr(m).

You need to prove the cohabitation since the last PBS dep leave was granted up to a maximum of two years. The proof should be spread evenly over the period, for 2 years this should be every 4 months, roughly, there should be a letter each or one in joint names. This letter should show names, address and date. Things like council tax, bank statements, utility bills etc.....
Thank you Amber for the clarification.
KEVIN

Charliewhite

Post by Charliewhite » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Thanks Guys for you kind help and clarification.

Can you please Clarify with Maintenance Fund for ILR?

Do I need to show the maintenance for a PBS dependent under the old rules for ILR?

Thanks,
Charlie

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Charliewhite wrote:Thanks Guys for you kind help and clarification.

Can you please Clarify with Maintenance Fund for ILR?

Do I need to show the maintenance for a PBS dependent under the old rules for ILR?

Thanks,
Charlie
As far as I know of you should be able to show proof that you could maintain your self and your family with out Recourse to Public Funds.
KEVIN

Charliewhite

Post by Charliewhite » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Thanks Kevin.

Charliewhite

Post by Charliewhite » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks to Kevin, Vinny and D4109125,

Today My wife ILR approved successfully.

Used below....

1. Set O form
2. Applicant (Tier 1 Dependant) Photo, Passport, Biometric card
3. My photo, passport, Biometric Card.
4. Maintenance fund for last 3 months £1200
5. Other documents..

1.both driving license
2.last 2 years council tax, water bill,gas bill, electrol register, NI Letter, NHS Card. last 2 years bank statement

3. Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate and Life in the UK Pass Certificate.

Thanks

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Congratulations..

Just one questions do you require to show maintenance fund for ILR applicants.. I was in the impression that you really dont need to show any funds if you are applying SET (O) forms..Many thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Charliewhite wrote:Thanks to Kevin, Vinny and D4109125,

Today My wife ILR approved successfully.

Used below....

1. Set O form
2. Applicant (Tier 1 Dependant) Photo, Passport, Biometric card
3. My photo, passport, Biometric Card.
4. Maintenance fund for last 3 months £1200
5. Other documents..

1.both driving license
2.last 2 years council tax, water bill,gas bill, electrol register, NI Letter, NHS Card. last 2 years bank statement

3. Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate and Life in the UK Pass Certificate.

Thanks
Congratulations. Happy for You.
KEVIN

Charliewhite

Post by Charliewhite » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Vivdubes,

In the form there is a requirement for section 5

Your Finances
Note 5 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative
or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances,
you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial
resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover
at least the last 3 months.
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).

If can able to demonstrate you can maintain your family with our rescue public fund then its fine.

In my case ILR for My wife and she doesn't have enough salary slips to demonstrate her financial situation. (she doesnt worked after her delivery for few months) So I showed my Savings account for maintenance fund for 3 months.

Thanks