ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success Solihull June 3rd

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vikkyse
Newly Registered

ILR success Solihull June 3rd

Post by vikkyse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks for all your help during the process guys/gals.

Tier 1 route--> ILR

Appointment at 10.30 am. Was not allowed in till 10.20.

entered and was given a token after 20 mins of wait approximately. was called by the case worker after roughly at 11.10 am.

case was straight forward and took about 3 mins to collect the documents. The case worker was a senior middle aged lady and after taking all the documents she wanted to check some stuff and took my passport for abt 2 mins. came back and said she is granting my settlement. (end to end it was about 8 mins from the time the case worker called us in).

Docs
--------
Payslips for 12 months
Bank statements 12 months
p60 for 5 yrs( case worker handed this back to me saying this is not needed as she has all the details on her screen !! )

I was outside UK for 120 days in the past 5 yrs. Caseworker did not even ask for the letters from the company/ personal letter.

cohab - i had loads of docs with me. case worker asked us to dump all of them and she took abt 2-3 docs which had joint names in it and said that will do.

docs taken for cohab - birth certificate for baby, council tax, voting cards from council.

I asked her if she needed photo copies she said NO.
very relaxed atmosphere in the end.

thanks for all the help on this forum.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:27 am

Congrates vikkyse,

You provided kid's certificate as Cohab.

One question -
Did you apply for you kid's ILR or will you apply afterwards using MN1, I am just thinking if we provide this certificate, they should not ask why are not not applying for kid's ILR

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR success Solihull June 3rd

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:09 pm

vikkyse wrote:Thanks for all your help during the process guys/gals.

Tier 1 route--> ILR

entered and was given a token after 20 mins of wait approximately. was called by the case worker after roughly at 11.10 am.

case was straight forward and took about 3 mins to collect the documents. The case worker was a senior middle aged lady and after taking all the documents she wanted to check some stuff and took my passport for abt 2 mins. came back and said she is granting my settlement. (end to end it was about 8 mins from the time the case worker called us in).

Docs
--------
Payslips for 12 months
p60 for 5 yrs( case worker handed this back to me saying this is not needed as she has all the details on her screen !! )

I was outside UK for 120 days in the past 5 yrs. Caseworker did not even ask for the letters from the company/ personal letter.

cohab - i had loads of docs with me. case worker asked us to dump all of them and she took abt 2-3 docs which had joint names in it and said that will do.

docs taken for cohab - birth certificate for baby, council tax, voting cards from council.

Congratulations. A real Expresss ILR approval. So they have all the details of 5 year P 60s on their screen. Which is news to me.
Last edited by Kevin24 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

wordable

Post by wordable » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Congratulations! :D :D :D

onabanjo

Re: ILR success Solihull June 3rd

Post by onabanjo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:26 pm

vikkyse wrote:Thanks for all your help during the process guys/gals.

Tier 1 route--> ILR

Docs
--------
Payslips for 12 months

Congratulations :D :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Post by Ashytos » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi, can I ask did you apply 28 days before your visa was first stamped or 28 days before you entered UK?

For instance, initial visa was 5th January, 2009 and I entered UK 28th February, 2009. No absent from UK at anytime.

In my case, do you think I should apply on 28 days before 5th January or 28 days before 28th of February.

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Ashytos wrote:Hi, can I ask did you apply 28 days before your visa was first stamped or 28 days before you entered UK?

For instance, initial visa was 5th January, 2009 and I entered UK 28th February, 2009. No absent from UK at anytime.

In my case, do you think I should apply on 28 days before 5th January or 28 days before 28th of February.

Thanks.
You could apply for your ILR 28 days before 5th January 2014.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .