ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Put father's name on birth certificate in absentia

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

judasiscariot
Newly Registered

Put father's name on birth certificate in absentia

Post by judasiscariot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 pm

I am a third country national with czech temporary residence status. I was married to a british citizen (now separated and processing divorce) and was living in prague until recently when i returned to the uk. Recently, my czech girlfriend just contacted me that she has a child with me but could not inform me earlier as we lost contact. Now we are planning getting back together. The child is now almost a year old. Currently, i can not leave the Uk legally because of my non-regularised immigration status. How can i put my name on my child's birth certificate when i am in the uk? Is it possible to put my name on the child's birth certificate from Uk here or in absentia? I love my girlfriend and child and want them to come and join me here in the UK. Both my girlfriend and child are czech.

Do i have to go to Czech republic to get this sorted? Also, can I not use a power of attorney and sort it out from the uk?

Please do not judge me... if I am not regularised now, it is not for lack of trying by all legal means.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanking you all in anticipation.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Were you living with your British wife in Czech Republic, and what was she doing at Czech Republic, was she working or self-employed?

On what basis did you come to the UK.

Any right you have to register you name on your child's birth Certificate, only exist in Czech republic, and to be honest, i am not sure how the system there works.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

judasiscariot
Newly Registered

Put father's name on birth certificate

Post by judasiscariot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:47 pm

[i][quote]Were you living with your British wife in Czech Republic, and what was she doing at Czech Republic, was she working or self-employed?

On what basis did you come to the UK.

Any right you have to register you name on your child's birth Certificate, only exist in Czech republic, and to be honest, i am not sure how the system there works.[/quote][/i]

My ex was self employed in the czech republic. I came back through the eea route.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 pm

In those circumstances, you still have a right of residence until you are fully divorced. How long were you married for, and how long have you been living in the UK since you returned from Czech Republic.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors