ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KSM
Newly Registered

ILR dependent clarification

Post by KSM » Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 pm

I am in UK for past 10 years . In Sep 2013 i am eligible for PR under 10 year long stay category. Currently i am in TIER 1 GENERAL which expires in MAY 2014. My wife got her visa stamped on 10 JULY 2012 and entered the country on 21 JULY 2012 as TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT valid until MAY 2014.

Could some one help me in the below please

what should my wife do when i am applying for ILR?

Please i need more clarification on this.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR dependent clarification

Post by Amber » Mon May 27, 2013 9:40 pm

KSM wrote:I am in UK for past 10 years . In Sep 2013 i am eligible for PR under 10 year long stay category. Currently i am in TIER 1 GENERAL which expires in MAY 2014. My wife got her visa stamped on 10 JULY 2012 and entered the country on 21 JULY 2012 as TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT valid until MAY 2014.

Could some one help me in the below please

what should my wife do when i am applying for ILR?

Please i need more clarification on this.

Many thanks
You will be applying for ILR not PR. Your spouse will be eligible to apply for settlement when she meets the qualifying time period as a Spouse - 2 years under the pre-July 2012 rules. Thus she will have to extend her leave under flr(m) at the same time you apply for settlement. See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105162
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

KSM
Newly Registered

Post by KSM » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. From you post i understand that in Sep 2013 i will be applying for ILR and my wife will apply for FLR-M . Then she can apply for ILR in July 2014 ( 2 years completed as per pre-july 2012 rules) .

Wont it be an issue for her 2 years criteria when she switches from Tier 1 dependent to FLR-M in Sep 2013( Tier-1 1.6 months and FLR-M 6 months). Does she need to show 2 years stay in UK in same visa?

Does she need to apply for FLR-M when i am applying for ILR or she need to apply with in 28 days after my ILR stamped?

Please help me i am very confused.

Any help most appreciated