ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest I can apply for Naturalisation (AN)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Earliest I can apply for Naturalisation (AN)

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:57 pm

hello
Wonder someone can advise me.

on my brp card, It says issued on 9 oct 2012 while I got my ILR at peo on 8 oct 2012. Which date can I use 8th or 9th October please.

the reason i ask is i am going on holidays on 5th oct but i want to use NCS and send docs off on 5th so that I don't have to do LIUK test again.

is it possible.

any advice would be highly appreciated.

regards
ID

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Earliest I can apply for Naturalisation (AN)

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:13 pm

innocentdevil wrote:hello
Wonder someone can advise me.

on my brp card, It says issued on 9 oct 2012 while I got my ILR at peo on 8 oct 2012. Which date can I use 8th or 9th October please.

the reason i ask is i am going on holidays on 5th oct but i want to use NCS and send docs off on 5th so that I don't have to do LIUK test again.

is it possible.

any advice would be highly appreciated.

regards
ID
You have still some time because the new rules will be effective from 28 October 2013 so you don`t need it again if you were already done either life in the uk test or ESOL with Citizenship material should be fine in your case is the BRP date is started date is you ILR granted from.
best wishes

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 pm

You won't need to re-take the Life in the UK test. It remains valid as submitted with your ILR application. Don't make the mistake of applying for BC too early. If the application is received on the 6th you won't have completed 12 months from the date of issue of your ILR.
I'm assuming you won't be spending your holiday outside of the UK, as unless you intend to use the National Checking Service (NCS), you'll have to submit your passport with your application.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 pm

thanks for the replies. That is the problem, I won't be in the UK. Leaving on 5th October and coming back on 28th October.

I already have LIUK test which I did for my ILR and my degree is from UK university as well.

I have just read on UKBA's website that I can apply via post and send CERTIFIED COPIES of Passport and BRP (these are the only 2 docs I need for travel so rest will be original) and then get my relative to post them on may be 10th of October.

>>> http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngservice/

see Individual Applications

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:42 pm

innocentdevil wrote:That is the problem, I won't be in the UK. Leaving on 5th October and coming back on 28th October.

... then get my relative to post them on may be 10th of October.
if you leave on 5th Oct and application submitted on 10th, then I presume you'll also include absences beginning 5th Oct - then you have to leave the return date as blank (because you would be still oversea) and in effect it will be an out of country application.

I don't know your personal circumstances but can you not apply after returning back i.e. after 3 weeks?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:16 pm

yes sounds like it.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have a LIUK Test Pass Certificate which I used to get my ILR.
I have a degree taught in the UK so I do not require a B1 Test.

So when I come back, I should be able to apply for naturalisation or will I have to take some other test i.e: revised LIUK test ?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:32 pm

innocentdevil wrote:yes sounds like it.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have a LIUK Test Pass Certificate which I used to get my ILR.
I have a degree taught in the UK so I do not require a B1 Test.

So when I come back, I should be able to apply for naturalisation or will I have to take some other test i.e: revised LIUK test ?
As per the statement of intent published by HO, your understanding is correct and you won't need anything else for naturalisation.
Wait for updated guidance and instructions nearer to the date.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

thanks. will keep an eye on any updates from them.