ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: Showing overseas salary

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_2013

ILR: Showing overseas salary

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi

I am getting ready to apply for my ILR in a couple of months time, but would like some EXPERT'S advice on my issue

In short: I am applying for my ILR in August as I will have been on Tier 1(general) for 5 years by then. As I need to show earnings for the last 12 months, I only have overseas salary to show. This is on a overseas job for a non-UK company and was paid a non -UK salary. The absence from UK is not a problem as I've worked only for 88 days altogether on this job outside the UK. I was commuting from UK on a weekly basis (sometimes flying for 1,2 or 5 days and returning back).

Now my question is: Is it OK to show this overseas salary for my ILR? I dont have any UK salary to show for the last 12 month period as it's hard times for my work(I work in scientific research) at this time and no job openings. When I use the point based calculator, everything works fine with regards to salary conversions and I get enough points, but I still am concerned if I can do this for ILR.

Additional info: I was constantly attending inteviews in the UK (atleast 2 for month) and got job offer early this year as well but they withdrew it as they had redundancies just before i was about to start. So I was very unlucky with regards to my jobs here. But I am hoping this will change once I get ILR.

regards

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Also I believe one doesn't need to be in employment at the time of ILR application!

thanks