ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covering letter format

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Diomond

Covering letter format

Post by Diomond » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi All,
A friend of mine have applied online for EEA FP , and gonna write a covering letter from him and his wife, Any body got a format, or idea what to write???
Thanks in advance,

uva123
Newly Registered

Re: Covering letter format

Post by uva123 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:29 am

Diomond wrote:Hi All,
A friend of mine have applied online for EEA FP , and gonna write a covering letter from him and his wife, Any body got a format, or idea what to write???
Thanks in advance,
Here is a form of what I used:

"[Date]

[Address of Consulate]

Dear British Consulate General

EEA Family Permit application - [Name of Applicant], DOB: [], [Country] National

I write to confirm my support for the visa application of my wife [name]. I am a [country] national and wish for [applicant] to be granted an EEA Family Permit to enable her to travel to and enter the UK as my wife.

[Applicant] and I first met in [date + details of how met]. We began our relationship in [date] and became engaged on [date] and have recently married in [location and date].

I am employed in a full time, permanent role with [employer name] in the position of [job title]. I have been employed at [employer’s name] since [date]. I am therefore able to maintain and accommodate myself and [applicant's name] in the UK without recourse to public funds.

If you have any queries, please contact me at [contact].

Yours faithfully
[Signature]

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:57 pm

uva123 wrote:
Thanks in advance,

"[Date]

[Address of Consulate]

EEA Family Permit application - [Name of Applicant], DOB: [], [Country] National

I write to confirm my support for the visa application of my wife [name]. I am a [country] national and wish for [applicant] to be granted an EEA Family Permit to enable her to travel to and enter the UK as my wife.

[Applicant] and I first met in [date + details of how met]. We began our relationship in [date] and became engaged on [date] and have recently married in [location and date].

I am employed in a full time, permanent role with [employer name] in the position of [job title]. I have been employed at [employer’s name] since [date]. I am therefore able to maintain and accommodate myself and [applicant's name] in the UK without recourse to public funds.

Yours faithfully
[Signature]
Thanks for your reply.
Did you get the FP or not?
and wht about covering letter from eu national?

uva123
Newly Registered

Post by uva123 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Diomond wrote:
uva123 wrote:
Thanks in advance,

"[Date]

[Address of Consulate]

Yours faithfully
[Signature]
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I finally got it today after 6 weeks. This is a cover letter for the EU national. We didn't include a cover letter from the non-EU national. Hope this helps.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:49 pm

uva123 wrote:
Diomond wrote:
uva123 wrote:
Thanks in advance,

"[Date]

[Address of Consulate]

Yours faithfully
[Signature]
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I finally got it today after 6 weeks. This is a cover letter for the EU national. We didn't include a cover letter from the non-EU national. Hope this helps.
Congrats, and thanks for your reply,, good luck in the future.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 pm

I have recently applied for EEA family permit and got in 11 workings days. I wrote couple of lines and it was fine. Dont need to mention finance or job.

[Date]

[Consulate Address]

Dear Sir,

This is to confirm that I will be travelling to UK to join my wife (name). Attached are the documents for your consideration.

Regards,

[Your Name]
[Home Address]
[Phone number]

and cover letter from wife

[Date]

[Consulate Address]

Dear Sir,

This is to confirm that My husband (name) will be joining me in the UK.

Regards,

[Your Name]
[Home Address]
[Phone number]