ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

register children born in UK but living outside

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ovaisa2000
Newly Registered

register children born in UK but living outside

Post by ovaisa2000 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:50 am

Dear friends,

My both children born in UK when I was on Tier 1 general visa.

They left the country back in 2011. Now i have got British citizenship. Please let me know how to register them as a British citizen.

I called Home office last month, they told me that my children does not comes under Section 3(1)-children born in the UK as they have to physically present in uk to register.

Please let me know what category do they come under and which application form do i need to complete.

Thank You,
Syed

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:10 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ovaisa2000
Newly Registered

Post by ovaisa2000 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:08 am

Thanks for your quick response Vinny.

They are not physically present in uk.

Do they require entry clearance and come to uk before applying under section 1 (3 ?

or can i submit their application in uk while they are in back home.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:20 am

I believe that they may apply from where they are.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.