ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refused based on English test (Degree Qualified)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Tue May 14, 2013 5:54 pm

@London456
Hi,how far with the appeal process,how far have you gotten to.I do hope its been going well..

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sat May 18, 2013 11:16 pm

I am applying for my wife spouse visa from Pakistan next month but have some confusion regarding the english language requirement, Please advice below

My wife has done her LLB after doing her BSC and the Law degree was taught in english from Punjab University Lahore and her college also gave a supporting letter on official letterpad stating her degree was taught in english.

Is that goona be ok or should i contact UK NARIC for the comparbility ? please advice any one been through from this situation.

Thanks

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Fri May 24, 2013 1:58 pm

@Cheekyvirgin
At this point all I can I say is some did get their visas without the NARIC letter but me being an example I was refused because of that so I would advice you take precaution and contact NARIC otherwise just be hopeful and go ahead without the UK NARIC letter..I wish you all the best..
To be honest am very confused about how UKBA works,they are not consistent..From embassy to embassy some are allowed visa without UK NARIC others are refused without the UK NARIC letter.it really hard to say what to do or not do.I have been waiting for 19weeks now after refusal and its not been easy,iv been through this situation and I hope you make the right choice.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 pm

As said, it depends on ECO's, my wife submitted notification of result with her application, which was refused. In my letter of appeal, I stated that her degree result was not ready during application and promised to send the EITLS result within the next 2 weeks. To my surprise, after 10 weeks, my wife received a call from BHC to come and submit the result, she did, and was called back after 2 weeks to come and collect her visa, so it depends on ECO's and luck. May God touch the heart of ECM's when reviewing your appeals, I know it's very frustrating going through this process.

happy321
Newly Registered

Post by happy321 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:50 am

Hi All

I would like to share one good news to you all.My wife visa application was refused due to the non submission of UK NARIC statement of comparability and Original degree i managed to get a comparability statement in fast track and appealed on 31/10/12 .I would be more than happy to let u know my original decision has been overturned by ECO before the dead line ends.Applied visa on 05/07/12 .refused on 05/10/12.. I was given a deadline for ecm to respond by 10 June 2013. On 17th May my wife received a call from BHC informing me my appeal is in my favour and asked for e mail id to send me Decision overturned letter and where to submit passport. I submitted my passport at VFS on 20/05/13 and received the passport on 03/6/13 with visa stamped for 27 months.

Thanks every one for their valuable suggestions and help

irisjimmuban
Newly Registered

Post by irisjimmuban » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Happy 321

That is fantastic news for you! Unfortunately my wife visa is also refused by the following reason, I quote

[/i]"ECO reason for Refusals

You have provided evidence of having completed an Advanced Professional Diploma in Management Studies.

You are not exempt from the English Language requirement under Paragraph E-ECP.4.2. In addition you are not national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN 1.6 and have not passed an English language test (A1 Level of Common European Framework) with a provider approved by UKBA and/or do not hold an academic qualification recognised by NARIC UK to be the equivalent to the standard of Bachelor's or Master's Degree or PHD in the UK, which was taught in English. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of appendix FM of Immigration Rules (E-ECP.4.1)"[/i]

I have not taken the NARIC UK "Statement of Comparability" as this qualification was taught in English, this is level 7 of National Qualification Framework (England, Wales and NI) according to Edexcel website (http://www.edexcel.com/quals/btec-sc/bu ... fault.aspx) which is the same level as Master's degree (Bachelor's is level 6)

I am so shocked about the refusal - I don't know if by having NARIC UK statement of comparability will overturn the decision. What does it say exactly on your refusal letter?

I hope you can advise - thank you so much

irisjimmuban

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:21 am

@irisjimmuban
Its a big Yes,the UK NARIC letter can and will overturn the refusal decision,I was refused last year because of no submission of uk naric letter with my uni certificate,I appealed in octoner with the naric letter and I was given 19weeks for ECM review which elapsed on 28th may,,,after waiting for 2 more weeks I got a call from BHC on the 11th of june asking me to submit my passport as I now meet the english requirement ,submitted passpprt on 12th of june and got passport that same day with visa stamped for 27 months...The naric letter definatly is an additional evidence and is allowed for appeal so just gof it and relax as when they review your wifes case the BHC will surly overturn the refusal decision..I do hope this helps..

@dhanz
I would like you to know that the refufsal decision have been oveerturned like you said,I now have my spouse visa and am so gratful for your help and encouragements..it took 21weeks to have t overturned but at the end what matter is this whole waiting is over now....

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:23 am

@irisjimmuban
Its a big Yes,the UK NARIC letter can and will overturn the refusal decision,I was refused last year because of no submission of uk naric letter with my uni certificate,I appealed in octoner with the naric letter and I was given 19weeks for ECM review which elapsed on 28th may,,,after waiting for 2 more weeks I got a call from BHC on the 11th of june asking me to submit my passport as I now meet the english requirement ,submitted passpprt on 12th of june and got passport that same day with visa stamped for 27 months...The naric letter definatly is an additional evidence and is allowed for appeal so just gof it and relax as when they review your wifes case the BHC will surly overturn the refusal decision..I do hope this helps..

@dhanz
I would like you to know that the refufsal decision have been oveerturned like you said,I now have my spouse visa and am so gratful for your help and encouragements..it took 21weeks to have t overturned but at the end what matter is this whole waiting is over now....

nnotreal
Newly Registered

Statement of comparability

Post by nnotreal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:44 pm

hi guys,
I have the statement of comparability for my wife's master degree..but in some places UKBA guidance doucment mentions I should get the english assessment letter from NARIC. I am confused as to which document we should provide..

will the statement of comparability and original certificate help? my wife's master degree is NOT in the PBS calculator..thanks for the response..

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:15 am

irisjimmuban wrote:Happy 321

That is fantastic news for you! Unfortunately my wife visa is also refused by the following reason, I quote

[/i]"ECO reason for Refusals

You have provided evidence of having completed an Advanced Professional Diploma in Management Studies.

You are not exempt from the English Language requirement under Paragraph E-ECP.4.2. In addition you are not national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN 1.6 and have not passed an English language test (A1 Level of Common European Framework) with a provider approved by UKBA and/or do not hold an academic qualification recognised by NARIC UK to be the equivalent to the standard of Bachelor's or Master's Degree or PHD in the UK, which was taught in English. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of appendix FM of Immigration Rules (E-ECP.4.1)"[/i]

I have not taken the NARIC UK "Statement of Comparability" as this qualification was taught in English, this is level 7 of National Qualification Framework (England, Wales and NI) according to Edexcel website (http://www.edexcel.com/quals/btec-sc/bu ... fault.aspx) which is the same level as Master's degree (Bachelor's is level 6)

I am so shocked about the refusal - I don't know if by having NARIC UK statement of comparability will overturn the decision. What does it say exactly on your refusal letter?

I hope you can advise - thank you so much

irisjimmuban

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:16 am

if u see the above post u can clearly understand that they look for statment of comparability...u have fast track services to get that too

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:19 am

people who have applied from chennai..could u pls post ur timelines...

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

@nnotreal
From experience I would advice you to get the statement of compareability letter from NARIC on fast track service.Is your wife soon to be statement of comparability from NARIC?? to be on the safe side please get the UK Naric statement of comparability letter and add it to her schools documents...i have come to learn that with UKBA it doesn't hurt to over provide evdence but it does toast to under provide evidence to meet an immigration requirement..
Please let NARIC asses you wifes master degree,get the letter and add all the documents and apply with them all,no UK NARIC letter may or may not cost you,,am just advising based on what happpened to me,,I stand to be corrected... and also you can use the first degree certificate for the assesment,,alll the best..