ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name mismatch in Passport and documents - Genera Visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Name mismatch in Passport and documents - Genera Visit visa

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am

Hi,

I am on Tier-1 and want to bring my parents to UK from India for 2-3 months to visit UK on General Visitor Visa.
My parents name on different documents has different variation due to surname and middle names. The name on the passport does not match with the name on property documents.
The Passport has been made just a month ago using personal affidavits and 10th class certificate as they do not remember these dates and different documents made at different times has got different information.

For example:
Name of passport: Shyam Kumar Sharma
Name in Bank: Shyam Baranghav
Name in PAN CARD - Shyam Sharma

The passport has been made recently based on 10th class certificate while Bank account and PAN card has been made 20 years ago.

Also, my parents does not have a marriage certificate. Local authorities are not ready to issue marriage certificate for the marriage which took place 30 years back.

I am not sure what can I do to bring them to UK as the name mismatch will create issue???
Can they furnish a personal affidavit on Notary stamp paper saying that these different names belong to the same person? What additional documents they need to provide to prove the names?
Has anyone faced similar situation and how they handled it?

Please help.

Thanks

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Re: Name mismatch in Passport and documents - Genera Visit v

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:42 am

Could senior members please help?

Thanks,
Sunil

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 am

110 views and no comments???

Please help me...

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Visa officials most usually follow the name on passport/national id/birth certificate. But best would be to get corrected the documents with 1 name and for which there must be a procedure in place at the relevant authorities in order to avoid complications in future too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:32 pm

did any one had the same situation in past and how did you handle it?

Thanks.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:39 pm

ask them to get a notarised affidavit that all the name variations actually represent the same person.

use the name in passport for the application purpose.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:23 pm

ban.s wrote:ask them to get a notarised affidavit that all the name variations actually represent the same person.

use the name in passport for the application purpose.
Thanks Ban.s

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 am

One more thing-

All land papers which are on my parents name are in Hindi Language. Do I need to get all of them translated in English language?

Whom shall I get them translated from? normal english translation with Notary stamp or there are authorised translaters in India?

Thanks

OtherStuff
Newly Registered

Re: Name mismatch in Passport and documents - Genera Visit v

Post by OtherStuff » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi ILR.dot.dot.dot and Ban.s

I am in the same situation where my father's name is slightly different (has an extra 'a' letter owing to the South Indian accent) but my passport has his name without the extra letter e:g Shankar / Shankara.

Will a letter from Notary suggesting that both the names refer to one person be sufficient?

Thanks in advance