ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for Kids

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azmi007
Newly Registered

British Passport for Kids

Post by azmi007 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:02 am

Hi All,

I've got my kids registered for british citizenship. Now wondering whether I can apply for their passport in UK or from Sri Lanka (Where they are are at the moment).

If I apply here can I travel with the passport to Sri Lanka and bring them back? Will this be an issue?

Or if am applying from there then do I need to post my passport (with ILR) and stay over there till I get reply?

Many Thanks in advance!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 am

See also passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: British Passport for Kids

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm

azmi007 wrote:Hi All,

I've got my kids registered for british citizenship. Now wondering whether I can apply for their passport in UK or from Sri Lanka (Where they are are at the moment).

If I apply here can I travel with the passport to Sri Lanka and bring them back? Will this be an issue?

Or if am applying from there then do I need to post my passport (with ILR) and stay over there till I get reply?

Many Thanks in advance!
You cannot apply for their passport in UK while the kids are in sri lanka. You must apply in Sri Lanka. Applications for first passport from Sri Lanka could take an eternity.

If your kids have got some kind of valid UK status on their passports, then you can bring them back on their sri lankan passports. Please ensure you are carrying their citizenship certificates with you to show it to UKBA when you arrive.

Once the kids are in UK, apply for their passports.

azmi007
Newly Registered

Post by azmi007 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Many Many Thanks Vinny and Ayyub,

Just a quick one!

The mother and father has ILR and the kids got Sri Lankan passports but no visa. Can they travel with SL passport plus citizenship? Will this not be ok for entry?

Many Thanks in advance!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:30 pm

In this case your are stuck. No airline will let your kids board the aircraft without a valid UK visa in their passports.

Showing the airline their citizenship certificates will be a waste of time, as airlines are not interested or obliged to look at any other documents apart from the passports.

You just need to follow the link provided by vinny. There is no other way round.

azmi007
Newly Registered

Post by azmi007 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Vinny/Ayyub,

Good news, apparently there is something called certificate of entitlement (or Right of Abode) which we can apply with VAF7. This costs alot compared to the passports (£265) but lot quicker than a PP. They will stamp something like an entry clearance.

Many Thanks

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_a ... d_Kingdom)

SAN_2011
Newly Registered

Post by SAN_2011 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi

I want to apply for my daughter who is in India using VAF7 : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/vaf7.pdf.

How long does it take. Could you please tell supporting documents for this application.