ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved at Solihull PEO 06/06/13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrnaidu

ILR Approved at Solihull PEO 06/06/13

Post by mrnaidu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:02 pm

ILR Approved at Solihull PEO

Hi Members and Forum Board, Thank you for putting your experience here, so it helped me to understand how to prepare for my Visa.

Now it’s my responsibility to pay back what I gained here.

I have applied for ILR as Tier 1 (General) Holder at Solihull PEO.

My Scenario

I came to this country as Work permit Holder in August 2008,
Visa Stamp Date 30/06/2008,
UK Entry data 17/08/2008,
WP Valid until 30/06/2013
Delay in my Journey 47 days (<90 days)

I switched to Tier 1 in 12 July 2010, (I had 5 year work permit though which becomes invalid after switching visa)
I went to Tier 1 extension 10 July 2012 got visa until 04 Dec 2015 (posted, took 6 months for stamping)
Finally went to ILR as a Tier 1 General holder as 5 year qualification period complete by 30/06/2013 considering 28 days before this date
Booked appointment on 06/06/2013 at Solihull

I am employed and total 156 days away from country so documents are simple to collect

Documents Collected

File 1 list:
1. Covering Letter
2. Application SET (O)
3. 2 Photos
4. Passport
5. BRP
6. Life UK Test Pass Notification Letter
7. 12 Months Payslips
8. P60 for 2012/13
9. 12 Months Bank Statements
10. Employer Reference Letter

File 2 list:
11. P60 for last 4 years
12. Previous Tier 1 points awarded for extension letter
13. Self-declaration letter about absences ( Not from employer)

File 3 list:

Copies for all File 1 list above mentioned except Application and photos

Extra Things I have done
Marked all pays credited in my Banks statements

My Experience at PEO
I was bit nervous initially even though I had all documents; I was worried for two reasons, 1. Latest bank statement is printed for machine which doesn't show full account number but got stamped from bank.
2. In my payslip pay date and Bank credited date doesn’t match for 1 month
I went to PEO office at 9am for my 9:30am appointment; I am second person for the day.
They checked my application for correct version and asked email confirmation letter (doesn't matter they have list who will visit for day)
I was given token number and guidance paper what happens during appointment, and airport type security check
My token number called went inside room,

It has got 5 cubicals but only two officers working that time both are women
I was asked my application and passport and BRP card only first
She checked whether I am eligible or not ( may be my visa status and number of years of my stay checked here)
She told she is happy I am eligible for ILR, then she asked how I am going to pay, she took out that page and went to FAX my card details to bank for payment.Hangon... she took my signature on a form that I am happy to proceed with my application.
She came back to counter and checked my details in system with BRP card number, it took some time to get my details don’t know why.
She asked my Life in UK letter,
Then she asked my Payslips and Employer letter
Then she took my bank statements for last 12 months and checked payment in my payslips and bank statements for matching.
She checked my employer letter (I don’t know what she read in 10 seconds look at the letter)
She did asked me you proved your points already with previous visa grant and I said Yes, she is happy that it is straight forward doesn’t need to work harder , she checked her checklist and marked some bits I don’t know what.

She told then I ll be going to give my biometric details and applications looks fine (doesn’t give concrete answer I got ILR or not but gave hint enjoy your shopping for 1 hour while I do my documentation)
Asked all copies whatever I have and she didn’t check any just dumped them.

I gave my biometrics and out of PEO office for 1 hour
I went back for collection documents were ready and Biometric card I would get in 1 week time.

Conclusion
I gave only File 1 list and copies of them, she didn't ask any additinal

That’s my experience I hope it will help for someone to prepare for the day.
Good Luck and Thank you.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Approved at Solihull PEO 06/06/13

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:14 pm

mrnaidu wrote:ILR Approved at Solihull PEO

Hi Members and Forum Board, Thank you for putting your experience here, so it helped me to understand how to prepare for my Visa.

My Scenario

I switched to Tier 1 in 12 July 2010, (I had 5 year work permit though which becomes invalid after switching visa)
I went to Tier 1 extension 10 July 2012 got visa until 04 Dec 2015 (posted, took 6 months for stamping)
Finally went to ILR as a Tier 1 General holder as 5 year qualification period complete by 30/06/2013 considering 28 days before this date

I am employed and total 156 days away from country so documents are simple to collect

Documents Collected

File 1 list:
1. Covering Letter
2. Application SET (O)
3. 2 Photos
4. Passport
5. BRP
7. 12 Months Payslips
8. P60 for 2012/13

File 2 list:
11. P60 for last 4 years

File 3 list:

Extra Things I have done

My Experience at PEO
I was bit nervous initially even though I had all documents; I was worried for two reasons, 1. Latest bank statement is printed for machine which doesn't show full account number but got stamped from bank.
I went to PEO office at 9am for my 9:30am appointment; I am second person for the day.
They checked my application for correct version and asked email confirmation letter (doesn't matter they have list who will visit for day)
I was given token number and guidance paper what happens during appointment, and airport type security check

She checked whether I am eligible or not ( may be my visa status and number of years of my stay checked here)
She told she is happy I am eligible for ILR, then she asked how I am going to pay, she took out that page and went to FAX my card details to bank for payment.Hangon... she took my signature on a form that I am happy to proceed with my application.
She came back to counter and checked my details in system with BRP card number, it took some time to get my details don’t know why.
Then she took my bank statements for last 12 months and checked payment in my payslips and bank statements for matching.
She checked my employer letter (I don’t know what she read in 10 seconds look at the letter)
She did asked me you proved your points already with previous visa grant and I said Yes, she is happy that it is straight forward doesn’t need to work harder , she checked her checklist and marked some bits I don’t know what.

She told then I ll be going to give my biometric details and applications looks fine (doesn’t give concrete answer I got ILR or not but gave hint enjoy your shopping for 1 hour while I do my documentation)

I went back for collection documents were ready and Biometric card I would get in 1 week time.

Conclusion

Good Luck and Thank you.
Congratulations. Well done.You seem to have had a pleasant experience.

Please let me know whether the CW said anything regarding about your salary ay the time of Extension and your salary you are getting now. Because some applicants have been refused/documents held for further checks if your salary now is lower than your salary at the time of Tier 1 granted Solihull PEO is a good one ,if you have all the necessary documents the CW wants,they will approve your ILR very quickly.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

mrnaidu

Post by mrnaidu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks Kevin,

As far as i understand,She asked me am i still with same employer and asked me any benfits i claimed.

Yes and No were my answers

I had same pay as before and she checked how many points i claimed for my pay it matched nothing else she pointed out
Kevin24 wrote:

My Scenario

Documents Collected

File 1 list:
1. Covering Letter
2. Application SET (O)
3. 2 Photos
4. Passport
5. BRP
7. 12 Months Payslips
8. P60 for 2012/13

File 2 list:
11. P60 for last 4 years

File 3 list:

Extra Things I have done

My Experience at PEO

Conclusion

Good Luck and Thank you.

Please let me know whether the CW said anything regarding about your salary ay the time of Extension and your salary you are getting now. Because some applicants have been refused/documents held for further checks if your salary now is lower than your salary at the time of Tier 1 granted Solihull PEO is a good one ,if you have all the necessary documents the CW wants,they will approve your ILR very quickly.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank you for your immediate reply. Enjoy your ILR.
mrnaidu wrote:Thanks Kevin,

As far as i understand,She asked me am i still with same employer and asked me any benfits i claimed.

Yes and No were my answers

I had same pay as before and she checked how many points i claimed for my pay it matched nothing else she pointed out
Kevin24 wrote:

My Scenario

Documents Collected

File 1 list:
1. Covering Letter
2. Application SET (O)
3. 2 Photos
4. Passport
5. BRP
7. 12 Months Payslips
8. P60 for 2012/13

File 2 list:
11. P60 for last 4 years

File 3 list:

Extra Things I have done

My Experience at PEO

Conclusion

Good Luck and Thank you.

KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:12 pm

My Scenario

Documents Collected

File 1 list:
1. Covering Letter
2. Application SET (O)
3. 2 Photos
4. Passport
5. BRP
7. 12 Months Payslips
8. P60 for 2012/13

File 2 list:
11. P60 for last 4 years

File 3 list:

Extra Things I have done

My Experience at PEO

Conclusion

Good Luck and Thank you.
congratulations :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.