ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 pm

GodGives wrote:
Saadi wrote:Congrats to those who have got their dlr, so genuinely pleased for you all. We have had a letter from ukba today asking for upto date council tax letter and bank statements and bills going back to 2009 ! I don't have all my bank account statements , and have sporadic bills since 2009 as its all in British wife name, I hope this don't spoil it for us , we are married and have a 2 yr old daughter , I'm praying for good news soon.
Send what ever you have in your name and wife's name. Even if its just in your wife's name
@saadi
For them to ask for more documents from u surely means you are currently being considered. Send all u can lay your hands on and hope for the best. Soon we will be celebrating with you!!!!

bagaja
Newly Registered

Today I have send my MP an email which i like to share......

Post by bagaja » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:04 pm

i send this email to my mp today....
i really feed up with waiting time...

Hi Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr Gummer,

As you know my details already my visa application is still pending with the UKBA and it has passed the 9 and half months mark, I myself contacted the UKBA a number of times but their answer is the same 9 months ago.
I also contacted the parliament ombudsman department but their answer was I have to first send to the UKBA pre action protocol letter and wait 20 working for reply if not then I can contact the parliament ombudsman via my MP not myself, My MP has to sign the complaint form.
I came to know that those people who gone through this route has decision on their application within weeks.

I am requesting you and begging you please please for the sake of my kids please send the UKBA pre action protocol letter .
I cant take this stress anymore its nearly 10 months now i have no jobs no money and my family needs i cant bear it anymore, I dont know why the UKBA humiliating and torture us like this , I just want the decision If they dont like us to live in their country then I can pack my bags take my kids and will go some where else, but for God sake just have a decision so we can move on and get ride of this torture.

Thanks

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 pm

Congrats to all of you who received their visa's...thanx for ur support
Hope and pray rest of us will also sail in a happy boat very soon...

11akb

Re: Today I have send my MP an email which i like to share..

Post by 11akb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 pm

bagaja wrote:i send this email to my mp today....

Hi Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr Gummer,

As you know my details already my visa application is still pending with the UKBA and it has passed the 9 and half months mark, I myself contacted the UKBA a number of times but their answer is the same 9 months ago.
I also contacted the parliament ombudsman department but their answer was I have to first send to the UKBA pre action protocol letter and wait 20 working for reply if not then I can contact the parliament ombudsman via my MP not myself, My MP has to sign the complaint form.
I came to know that those people who gone through this route has decision on their application within weeks.

I am requesting you and begging you please please for the sake of my kids please send the UKBA pre action protocol letter .
I cant take this stress anymore its nearly 10 months now i have no jobs no money and my family needs i cant bear it anymore, I dont know why the UKBA humiliating and torture us like this , I just want the decision If they dont like us to live in their country then I can pack my bags take my kids and will go some where else, but for God sake just have a decision so we can move on and get ride of this torture.

Thanks
i am in same bus with you itsgoing to one be one year on 24 june .......but still waiting for decision lets hope that this month we will get answer

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:25 pm

11akb wrote:

Hi Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr Gummer,

Thanks
i am in same bus with you itsgoing to one be one year on 24 june .......but still waiting for decision lets hope that this month we will get answer
@bagaja
I'm a bit puzzled about ur case. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong but I thought an applicants status Remains the same until a decision is taking on ur application. If this is the case....why then were u stopped from working? Pls explain cos I'm a bit confused here
Cheers

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:39 pm

11akb wrote:

Hi Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr Gummer,

Thanks
I'm sorry for the stressful times you're going through Bagaja, ukba is making me suffer as well but for the past few weeks i know 5 ppl whose applications have been decided so i'm sure they're fulfiling the summer promise gradually, lets keep checking the mail cos i'm sure this summer ours will be decided with success

bagaja
Newly Registered

Post by bagaja » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Time503 wrote:
11akb wrote:

Hi Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr Gummer,

Thanks
@bagaja
I'm a bit puzzled about ur case. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong but I thought an applicants status Remains the same until a decision is taking on ur application. If this is the case....why then were u stopped from working? Pls explain cos I'm a bit confused here
Cheers
deae friend...
my visa was still valid when i applied for this application and my lawyer as well asure me that you can carry on working untill decision is made.
after few weeks ukba send me a letter and also revoked my security license ,in the letter ukba said that your previous visa was 5 year residence card being family member of eea national but now you are applying now under human rights family life so this is different category and we have passed the law if u switch from european to other category i am not allowed to work until my decision is made, i beg them that how i am gonna feed my two kids but they said thats your problem and i cant get any benefit as well,both my kids have british passport and we are now living in homeless people house as i have no money to feed them and i lost house as i run out of my all money. since 10 months i cant do any jobs nothings ,thats they did with me .
my mp as well not replying me or taking my case further.
i dont know wat to do.....

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:13 pm

deae friend...
my visa was still valid when i applied for this application and my lawyer as well asure me that you can carry on working untill decision is made.
after few weeks ukba send me a letter and also revoked my security license ,in the letter ukba said that your previous visa was 5 year residence card being family member of eea national but now you are applying now under human rights family life so this is different category and we have passed the law if u switch from european to other category i am not allowed to work until my decision is made, i beg them that how i am gonna feed my two kids but they said thats your problem and i cant get any benefit as well,both my kids have british passport and we are now living in homeless people house as i have no money to feed them and i lost house as i run out of my all money. since 10 months i cant do any jobs nothings ,thats they did with me .
i dont know wat to do.....[/quote]

Bagaja, your 5 yrs visa doesn't it lead to indefinite? Or something went wrong?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Congrats

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:03 pm

congrats oishola7776 and cookies. very pleased for you. thank you for your invaluable contribution on this forum

east579new

Post by east579new » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 pm

All this shows is that cookie must be better than English people cookie must be better than people who was born here and last of all cookie's family MUST BE ENGLISH welll done UKBA another one sided story good for one but not good for the other Cookie F YOU you have a brilliant REAL solicitor your SCUM (HOW DO THEY WORK OUT YOUR FAMILY IS BETTER THAN MINE?)
Just a rich mans cartel who can afford it and who cant and the real help goes to those who arn't ENGLISH.

bagaja
Newly Registered

Post by bagaja » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:22 am

Fayvritt wrote:deae friend...

Bagaja, your 5 yrs visa doesn't it lead to indefinite? Or something went wrong?[/quote]

I did applied for permanent resident but rejected because my spouse did,t work in last 3 year .so my solicitor showed me this route which i believe was wrong and misleading .

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:21 am

@Cookies and Oishola77778, congratulations. Good luck with future endearvvours.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:47 am

Congratulations cookie n oshi saw it coming for you guys have a stress free life

ThisYear

Cookie and Oishola....big fat Congrats

Post by ThisYear » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 am

:D :D happy for you and thanks for supporting everyone on here. More good news surely this coming weeks. Lets all just keep on holding on..
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:47 am

@this year

Have you done bio and what information was requested

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:50 am

bagaja wrote:
Fayvritt wrote:deae friend...

Bagaja, your 5 yrs visa doesn't it lead to indefinite? Or something went wrong?
I did applied for permanent resident but rejected because my spouse did,t work in last 3 year .so my solicitor showed me this route which i believe was wrong and misleading .[/quote]

Did they give u the right to appeal? If so then that's your best option for now.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 am

@Onlyme1 ,As far as I'm aware, biometrics is not required for me as at the time ~I applied. They wanted confirmation that I'm the primary carer.
ONLYME1 wrote:@this year

Have you done bio and what information was requested
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

@this year

Well your next pal good news coming your way :)

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:13 am

Amen!!!! wish you the same and sending cyber {{{hugs}}} your way
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks much love to you too lol mine been 12months now still nothing just too stressful

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 am

east579new wrote:All this shows is that cookie must be better than English people cookie must be better than people who was born here and last of all cookie's family MUST BE ENGLISH welll done UKBA another one sided story good for one but not good for the other Cookie F YOU you have a brilliant REAL solicitor your SCUM (HOW DO THEY WORK OUT YOUR FAMILY IS BETTER THAN MINE?)
Just a rich mans cartel who can afford it and who cant and the real help goes to those who arn't ENGLISH.
LOL!!!! Thanks for your warm insults.

Guys, please don't let forum trolls, like this one, ruin this thread, all the best! x

:lol:

Just an FYI: my family is SCOTTISH not English. Does it matter?
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:48 am

east579new wrote:All this shows is that cookie must be better than English people cookie must be better than people who was born here and last of all cookie's family MUST BE ENGLISH welll done UKBA another one sided story good for one but not good for the other Cookie F YOU you have a brilliant REAL solicitor your SCUM (HOW DO THEY WORK OUT YOUR FAMILY IS BETTER THAN MINE?)

Dont worry Hon, lets rejoice with those who are rejoicing so our time of celebration can also come quickly.
Believe me it might take time but we will SURELY be granted.

Congrats to t Oishola and cookies,all the best in your future endeavours!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 am

@mummytwo

I agree with you people don't give in to defeat we will all rejoice
Don't give up on your faith

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:31 am

bagaja wrote:
Time503 wrote:
11akb wrote:

Hi Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr Gummer,

Thanks
@bagaja
Cheers
deae friend...
I'm really very sorry about ur case. It's quite sad and very complicated when the UKBA claims they take "the best interest of children" into consideration.
Please remain positive, I'm sure u will be granted very soon!!

mam2

Post by mam2 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:58 pm

@bagaja
When you applied for your visa,how many months were left in your residence card before expiry? Did they write to you after it expired that you cannot continue working or just sometime after you applied?
I'm in a similar situation as yours but haven't submitted my flro ex1 yet. I understand if my residence card expires in their hands,yes then I don't have any right to work until a decision is made on the application.
When you applied for your permanent residence,did they just say you don't qualify because your spouse did not work for the last 3yrs? Why did they not give you another 5yrs if you they think you didn't qualify for permanent residence?
I really do not want to be caught up in this so pls enlighten me more.
Thanks
papa2