ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 EXTENSION APPLICANTS PLEASE JOIN HERE

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Legal Advisor wrote:My extension is due in March 2016 too. Hi my_friend, I think I clarified you the absence policy before. Its simple. PM me your number and I'll call you if you want.

Thank you
hello i think i did PM u but my messages are staying in my outbox rather than going into my sent folder...

please u PM me i just want to check if messages are going thru...i would reply u then...maybe that wud work....

thanks

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Wed May 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Legal Advisor wrote:My extension is due in March 2016 too. Hi my_friend, I think I clarified you the absence policy before. Its simple. PM me your number and I'll call you if you want.

Thank you
I PM u once again...and once again it has gone into my outbox...that means not sent...

please u try sending me one il reply..maybe it will work this way...thx

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Wed May 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi my_friend, yes I got your PM and replied to you.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Dear moderators, please create a sticky topic for the Tier 1E Extension and its questions. It is useful for us, and specific questions for extensions would be posted there.

Many thanks

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:00 pm

yes please ...moderator...put a sticky of this extension applicants...thanks

tier1tier1tier1

Post by tier1tier1tier1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Hello All,

I was on PSW and currently im on tier1 ent (50k)
I have started trading business were im exporting materials fro uk to other countries.
Its just 4months of stating the business and i have done business of more tan 250k now.

Do u think if im doing such good business UKBA will offer me some benefits while extension ?

Please advice.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:24 pm

tier1tier1tier1 wrote:Hello All,

I was on PSW and currently im on tier1 ent (50k)
I have started trading business were im exporting materials fro uk to other countries.
Its just 4months of stating the business and i have done business of more tan 250k now.

Do u think if im doing such good business UKBA will offer me some benefits while extension ?

Please advice.
what kind of benefits you looking for...?...if u can employ 10 workers for atleast 12 months then you can straight away qualify to apply for indefinite leave to remain after three years....

thats the only benefit u get...and with good business less chance of refusal maybe....

tier1tier1tier1

Post by tier1tier1tier1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:19 pm

thanks for ur reply my_friend

as this category is ablout investing and help in improving economy.
if im bringing much more money than expected then i must get some benefit as in less period for Settlement.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm

tier1tier1tier1 wrote:thanks for ur reply my_friend

if im bringing much more money than expected then i must get some benefit as in less period for Settlement.
if you have a turnover of at least £5million in 3-years, you can apply for indefinite leave without hiring 10 employees

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:06 am

i got visa under 200k cat
just wanna confirm if i run my business as a sole trader instead of company will it be ok any views appreciated

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 am

tier1tier1tier1 wrote:thanks for ur reply my_friend

yes if your business is really good...and has a turnover of 5 million then you can apply for indefinite just after three years instead of 5 years...

u also have the option of hiring 10 employees without the 5 million turnover option....

good luck....

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:40 am

buntyz wrote:i got visa under 200k cat
just wanna confirm if i run my business as a sole trader instead of company will it be ok any views appreciated
Absolutely Okie...

but do remember at the time of extension you would be required to show employment of 2 employees for atleast 12 months...

t1entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Post by t1entrepreneur » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello All,

I recently secured the T1 Entrepreneur Visa.

I have 2 questions that I am hoping to get clarity on:

1) Can the 200k be invested over the span of 3 years or does it need to be done immediately? If it can be invested over 3 years, can it be brought into the UK over a course of 3 years?

2) Can I invest 200k alongside partners to become say a 15 - 30% shareholder in the company? Are there any restrictions on how much of the company one needs to hold?

Guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 pm

my_friend wrote:
buntyz wrote:i got visa under 200k cat
Absolutely Okie...

but do remember at the time of extension you would be required to show employment of 2 employees for atleast 12 months...
wat if i wud b able to shw 2 full tym jobs in first yr is it possible to apply for extension b4 four yrs

Iro_2013
Newly Registered

Advice needed! Extension Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by Iro_2013 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Dear Extension Applicants!

I would appreciate any advice related to my situation.

I am also an extension applicant and received a 200k Tier 1E visa in dec 2011. Since then the funds are still on my business account and haven't been invested into the business (or when you transfer money to a LTD business account it's automatically means that you have invested into the business??)

What is a probability to get an extension if your business is not profitable and operates at a loss? However all other requirements such as 2 people full-time workers are employed and money is invested.

All advice is welcomed.
Much appreciated,
IRO

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 pm

@ Iro_2013
As per policy guide lines the investment means money has to be spent by ur businesses when needed however during 3y period of initial visa, unspent money, even in business account, might not get u qualify for points on extension.

even if u start a business, and business doesnt perform well and eventually get closed however u must keep the proof of investment made on that closed business. u will use these proof of investment on ur extension application to claim point.

when u able to create jobs and pay there wages its mean ur business is doing well enough, however might not upto ur expectation, but ur requirement of job creation will be fulfilled.

if ur business really doing very bad u might thinking of starting something else(in my point of view) however u must keep secure proof of job creation n investment.

IN short u must prove that ur business have spent altogether 50k/200k(which ever applicable) and created 2 full time jobs for 12months during 3y visa.

the purpose of this visa to get money pumped into economy.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:16 am

Darvesh wrote:@ Iro_2013
As per policy guide lines the investment means money has to be spent by ur businesses when needed however during 3y period of initial visa, unspent money, even in business account, might not get u qualify for points on extension.

even if u start a business, and business doesnt perform well and eventually get closed however u must keep the proof of investment made on that closed business. u will use these proof of investment on ur extension application to claim point.

when u able to create jobs and pay there wages its mean ur business is doing well enough, however might not upto ur expectation, but ur requirement of job creation will be fulfilled.

if ur business really doing very bad u might thinking of starting something else(in my point of view) however u must keep secure proof of job creation n investment.

IN short u must prove that ur business have spent altogether 50k/200k(which ever applicable) and created 2 full time jobs for 12months during 3y visa.

YES i agree....

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:47 am

Guys, do you think that if we started Tier1E with LEvel 4 business or higher, that any other new business that we want to be qualified for investment need to be of level 4 and higher also?

Can we close level 4 business and open level 3, and then extend with that?

Thanks
my_friend wrote:

YES i agree....
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 am

There is a separate thread going on about this investment definition bit.
- http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=137318

Non one is sure if money put into business account itself is investment or it has to be spent.

It is not written anywhere in the Gudiance, part 6A, or Appendix A.

Dont interpret or assume. Can you point us to the note where you read this ? Will help us all..

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:14 pm

@ rahulsingh1

im sure u have read policy guideline Attributes table for extension applications section

"A. You have invested, or had invested on your behalf, not less than £200,000 (or
£50,000 if, in your last grant of leave, you were awarded points for funds of £50,000)
directly into one or more businesses in the UK."

it clearly says NOT LESS THAN 200K/50K. The whole idea of this visa category to make T1E holder to spend through their business NOT want a business to sit on its investment.

simply we cant argue with ukba case worker unless we go to appeal and fight that investment point there.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 pm

FOR rahulsingh1

Please see below on page 40 of policy guidance.....

Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Darvesh this page 40 quote is under the section for people who are investing in a property business only.

please read the text here..
--------------------------------------------------------

A person involved in
property development
makes improvements of some kind to immovable
property (real estate), which increases its value. A person involved in
property management
is charged with operating immovable property (real estate) for a fee, on behalf of the owner
The restrictions on investment in property development and property management are intended
to ensure that the Entrepreneur route is used to promote United Kingdom competitiveness in
business.
There is no objection, however, to you investing in companies that are mainly involved in
construction.
Money should be fully used in the business and not held in the business bank account in order to
qualify for the award of points
Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is
not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage
growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.

-----------------------------------------------------

I am not debating here. Even I want to know the exact answer for this. But all I am saying is that we cannot assume and the guidance does not state it anywhere clearly.

Darvesh wrote:FOR rahulsingh1

Please see below on page 40 of policy guidance.....

Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 pm

HI rahulsingh1

THEY PUT AN EXAMPLE WHICH WAS STATED BELOW

A person involved in
property development
property management
is charged with operating immovable property (real estate) for a fee, on behalf of the owner
The restrictions on investment in property development and property management are intended
to ensure that the Entrepreneur route is used to promote United Kingdom competitiveness in
business.
There is no objection, however, to you investing in companies that are mainly involved in
construction.

NOW REST OF THE LINES

Money should be fully used in the business and not held in the business bank account in order to
Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is
not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage
growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.

LAST PART IS WHERE A CASE WORKER WILL LOOK WHEN HE BE AWARDING U POINT ON RENEWAL OF VISA AFTER 3Y OR GET READY FOR APPEAL.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 pm

im with Darvesh on this one. he has very valid points in his arguments

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Darvesh wrote:HI rahulsingh1

THEY PUT AN EXAMPLE WHICH WAS STATED BELOW

A person involved in
property development
property management
business.
construction.

NOW REST OF THE LINES

LAST PART IS WHERE A CASE WORKER WILL LOOK WHEN HE BE AWARDING U POINT ON RENEWAL OF VISA AFTER 3Y OR GET READY FOR APPEAL.
Hi Darvesh,

Then why some people are getting initial visas by claimed that money has been already invested by transferring the amount to business account in the form of director loan or shared capital and submitting unaudited accounts document certified by accountant?

Please justify ?

For more details please refer to previous immigration forum threads.

More over Following sentence does not make any sense to me - It looks like incomplete sentence with out next sentence (i.e Money should be fully used in the business and not held in the business bank account and so on
).

however, to you investing in companies that are mainly involved in construction.