ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ PEO Solihull - A good experience!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TargetTier1
Newly Registered

ILR success @ PEO Solihull - A good experience!

Post by TargetTier1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm

All,

I have been mostly a passive member in group since long time and this group has helped a lot getting my Tier1/ILR visas.

So I thought it is the time to give something back.

First of all thanks to the moderator and all the members who share/help visa queries in this forum. I must say this forum is really helpful.

Had an appointment at PEO solihull yesterday for ILR and I got it approved.

As most of the members agree the fact that Solihull PEO staff is very humble and helpful and I received the best service here from UKBA so far.

My case was WP+Tier1 >> ILR with 2 dependents (Spouse+Child born in UK).

I had booked the appointment at Sheffield PEO on 4th june and then I rescheduled to Solihull on 6th June later since I live in Birmingham. I had paid £300. There was a problem with the website as it was not updated the change in My Account details.After twenty days I got a shocking email saying that UKBA cancelled my appointment due to some reason, it did not
say why. I got worried and called the helpdesk, a lady said it was cancelled because I didn't pay appointment fee. It was a clearly a UKBAs mistake because they should have cancelled it next day if I did not pay the fee. They accepted it was by mistake and told they would check and call me back. After some time I got a call saying that it's now rescheduled to 20th June. I said I want it on the same I booked as I had some other plans later. Again she said she would speak Solihull PEO and call me back. After 10 minutes she called me again said yes you can attend it on 6th June same time. It was such a relief !!! People how difficult is to get an appointment.

Appointment issue is now sorted and I prepared following documents-

1. 12 months Payslips and Bank statements
2. LITUK test pass letters
3. Child UK Birth Cert
4. Cohabitation documents for 2 years
5. Passports and BRP cards
6. Photos
7. Employment ref letter (Didn't ask)
8. P60s for 5 years (Didn't ask)
9. Letter Absences proof from employer (Didn't ask I was away only for 120days in total)
10.Work Permit letter (Asked)

Appointment was at 10am. Was called at 10:30 to the counter. The lady CW sounded very humble and kind. She started with appointment problem and saying that the payment (£300) has gone Sheffield PEO and I will have to pay the full application fee and they would refund the appointment fee later. I explained the complete story on happend with the apppintments and then she went checked with her manager. After 5 mins she came back and said it's sorted now and you need to pay the remaining amount only.

She asked why are you including your child in this application as she already had tier1 deplendent visa valid till 2015. I said I am planning to travel to India and cannot wait for naturalization process. She said since she is born here she is eligible for BC directly after my ILR and you can use the current dependent visa for travel. Well I didnt know if Tier1

dependent visa is still valid when the my visa status is changed from Tier1 to ILR. She helped me save around £1300 and I was very happy to know that !!!

Also in theory I should have lost the appointment fee (£100) for one applicant as I decided to exclude my child from the application. But she said she would adjust it towards the application fee!! I could not beleive it as someone is sorting out things for me without asking for it!! I really appreciated her.

Then she started asking for documents one by one and verified and said everything is fine. It took around 30min. Then I was asked to wait and till someone calls for biometric. After 15min called for biometric and biometric was completed within 15mins.

Then I was asked to leave and come back at 1:30. When I came back at 1:30, it is all ready and I was handed over the approval letter and orininal documents. Thank God :-)

Hope it is helpful and you may ask if you have any queries.

Many Thanks all of you.
Zam

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Many congratulations! I have no question as you have answered all in your post. Enjoy!

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

hi & Congrats..

Post by drdh4 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 pm

I have a slight worry regarding my ILR this October. Had my T1 (G) extension in 2010 & scored 80 points. When I checked my points now it's only 75 points I can claim due reduction of hours.

According to guidance notes I just need to full fill 75 points to apply for ILR. Heard some stories that I need to show the same amount of points as last time (extension)

How about yours?

TargetTier1
Newly Registered

Re: hi & Congrats..

Post by TargetTier1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:08 pm

In my case it was 80 both during extension and ILR. However I needed 75.

As long as you have scored the required points I don't think it should be a problem. It is very unlikely to be an issue.
drdh4 wrote:I have a slight worry regarding my ILR this October. Had my T1 (G) extension in 2010 & scored 80 points. When I checked my points now it's only 75 points I can claim due reduction of hours.

According to guidance notes I just need to full fill 75 points to apply for ILR. Heard some stories that I need to show the same amount of points as last time (extension)

How about yours?

cialeen
Newly Registered

Re: ILR success @ PEO Solihull - A good experience!

Post by cialeen » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello there, thanks for sharing the experience. Did you pay your application fee before or after you have been told that your application is successul?

I am going to apply PR soon, but my case is not that straightforward. So I am afraid that my application will be refused, but I still need to pay the full application fee.

Thanks a lot.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:30 am

Hi,

We no need to submit the PBS calculation sheet along with our application ?

TargetTier1
Newly Registered

Post by TargetTier1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Money was taken after verifying the application. However they would still do further verification after taking the payment. Hope it helps
cialeen wrote:Hello there, thanks for sharing the experience. Did you pay your application fee before or after you have been told that your application is successul?

I am going to apply PR soon, but my case is not that straightforward. So I am afraid that my application will be refused, but I still need to pay the full application fee.

Thanks a lot.

TargetTier1
Newly Registered

Post by TargetTier1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Not required.
nm wrote:Hi,

We no need to submit the PBS calculation sheet along with our application ?

cialeen
Newly Registered

Post by cialeen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm

TargetTier1 wrote:Money was taken after verifying the application. However they would still do further verification after taking the payment. Hope it helps
cialeen wrote:Hello there, thanks for sharing the experience. Did you pay your application fee before or after you have been told that your application is successul?

Thanks a lot.
Thank you very much. I will give it a go.

arsharifi
Newly Registered

Post by arsharifi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi everyone

I have learned many points from who are shared their experience here and I want also do the same thing for other.

I had an appointment for my family (my wife,my 22 y daughter and my 17 y daughter and Me :D) @ solihull PEO office.
MY case is ILR after 5 years on tier1 general.

All steps are the same for security check, registration and biometric). I do agree with other people in this forum all of PEO clerks are very friendly and it is very help us to decrease our stress.

after registration we were asked to leave the office and wait for their call. After 1.15 hour the caseworker called me and asked to see me for some questions about my income. I gave them 2 employer letters and a bank statement. I explained more about my job and my relation to employers as a consultant. I was asked to leave and wait for their call after 45 min he called me again and ask some proof for my younger daughter cohabitation. I gave him her UCAS letter and her college letter. again we were asked to leave office and after 30 min they called and told us to back PEO. Receptionist returned our documents and told us our applications had been approved. :))))
Cohabitation documents for all dependent above 16 are necessary please prepare for that.