ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife ILR. When to apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angelloveguy

Wife ILR. When to apply

Post by angelloveguy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:15 pm

My wife came here in UK on 15/05/2009 on Tier1(Post study visa Dependant) and than she became my Tier1 (General) Dependant on 04/05/2011. we then apply for her FLR visa in August 2012 and later on she got FLR(M) visa on 15/12/2012 on the basis of my ILR.

Can anyone help me and let me know when is she eligible for ILR as someone told me that she didn't complete her 2 years as Tier 1 General Depandant and become ILR Depandant in December 2012 she has to complete 5 years?

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:39 pm

Anyone ???

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:59 pm

I believe that she may apply for SET(M) now under 287(a)(i)(d).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 pm

So you only believe and not sure about it that she can apply now and don't need to wait for 5 more years

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:45 pm

angelloveguy wrote:So you only believe and not sure about it that she can apply now and don't need to wait for 5 more years
She was a PBS dep prior to July 2012 thus has to complete 2 years as a spouse for set(m) time on flr(m) can be added with that of PBS dep thus is eligible for set(m) now if she satisfies the other requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi I am also applying for ILR by post. My husband got ILR last dec and as I have completed 2 years as a dependent now, will apply this month. I have a question about the documents. Do I need to send the original passport and brp for my husband as well?
If only photocopies are required, do they need to be attested??

Please reply asap, I have to send my application hopefully tomorrow

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Simi UK wrote:Hi I am also applying for ILR by post. My husband got ILR last dec and as I have completed 2 years as a dependent now, will apply this month. I have a question about the documents. Do I need to send the original passport and brp for my husband as well?

Is your husband on a spouse visa or PBS dep visa? Please clarify
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Simi UK wrote:Hi I am also applying for ILR by post. My husband got ILR last dec and as I have completed 2 years as a dependent now, will apply this month. I have a question about the documents. Do I need to send the original passport and brp for my husband as well?

Is your husband on a spouse visa or PBS dep visa? Please clarify
My husband is on ILR and I am PBS dependent. I am now applying for ILR and being the main applicant my husband has to give his Passport and BRP. So I want to ask that can he give his passport's photocopies? And do they need to be certified? If yes where can I get it attested?