ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help for my friend urgently

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djchoclate

need help for my friend urgently

Post by djchoclate » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:25 pm

hi. i need Experts help for my friend.
Here is his scenario:
came to this country: sep 2009 on student visa
studied his 2years course.
Got married with Eu Latvian National July 2011
Received EEA2: 0ct 2011 valid oct2016
the couple is still married (will be 2yeas next month) and her wife delivery is next month for baby. Both husband and wife working full time..Her wife used to get working tax credit before marriage, now some how she found out that if she applies as divorced or single mother she will again be able to get her working tax credits, child tax credit, housing benefits. Now she is being very greedy and wants divorce from her husband. But as they marriage has only lasted 2 years so far so at this time divorce will destroy my friend career as he will have to leave the country coz he would not be able to apply for retain rights.. so he z very disturb now...I have got one solution and i want ur wise opinion on that.

Solution is rather going for divorce, why cant they go for informal separation where her wife will call tax office and local council and tell them now we had arguments and we are separated and not living together, so i think then she will be considered as single mother and will be able to apply for those greedy benefits while working full times.. They have already lived together under one roof for two years already so they can apply for divorce next year and my frnd will be able to apply for his retain rights....Plz give me ur wise opinions.
thanks.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Since your friend has only been in UK since 2009 and been married only for 2 years that means neither he will qualify for 10 years long residence or 3 years ROR basis which are the only solutions. Therefore, only solution to this problem is mutual understanding and reconciliation because if the benefits are the only reason for that problem then they must educate themselves that non-EU family members is working fulltime and must be supporting/able to support its family.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Since your friend has only been in UK since 2009 and been married only for 2 years that means neither he will qualify for 10 years long residence or 3 years ROR basis which are the only solutions. Therefore, only solution to this problem is mutual understanding and reconciliation because if the benefits are the only reason for that problem then they must educate themselves that non-EU family members is working fulltime and must be supporting/able to support its family.
My frnd told me he suspects that his wife is seeing another man and her behaviour has also changed a lot towards my frnd,, i think she just making excuse of benefit so she can get divorce that s why i need ur opinions for temporary separation so then she will be able to get the benefits as well as get some time to think on what she z doing with her husband and making her life hell coz my fiernd loves her a lot :(