ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 YMS - Tier 5 Creative Worker

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

colonel_sanders
Newly Registered

Tier 5 YMS - Tier 5 Creative Worker

Post by colonel_sanders » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 am

Hello!

I'm currently working in the UK under the YMS visa, which expires at the end of this month.

I have been offered a Certificate of Sponsorship (3 months) to work in the creative sector, and wish to apply under the Tier 5 Creative and Sporting category.

I am wondering if its possible to apply for the Tier 5 Creative and Sporting visa before my YMS visa runs out, or if I will have to wait until it expires and lodge my application from a different country. Is anyone able to help me?

Thanks very much in advance!

Best,
C_S

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:46 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 pm

What nationality are you? If you're not a "visa national" you could nip out to France and come back in on the 3-month Tier 5 creative CoS. All in-country applications to change or extend status are a disaster and best avoided if you're not a visa national.

colonel_sanders
Newly Registered

Post by colonel_sanders » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks for your replies!

For the 3 month creative cos, will I need to apply for a visa as well, or just show my cos upon arrival. Sorry if that's a dumb question, but its all got me a bit confused!

I'm here on a New Zealand passport.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:04 pm

OK, NZ is not a visa national so you can pop to France and come back with the Tier 5 (creative) CoS and just show it on entry. You'll be using the concession for creative workers with a CoS not exceeding 3 months.

colonel_sanders
Newly Registered

Post by colonel_sanders » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Thats fantastic news, thanks so much!