ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

himu
Newly Registered

Re: Any June applicant is still alive?

Post by himu » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:27 pm

kimnjuka wrote:
himu wrote:Hi everyone,is there any June applicant still waiting? i have applied in 16th june 2012, biometric done on 24th August 2012, still waiting. I am fed up of waiting and waiting.What should i do now? Any suggestion?

Thanx
Hi, Thats a whole year gone, sorry abt that my dear.,,,what was your Visa, did u have any gap or any problems with your Visas..Please could you piz let us know some Gurus might help. God Bless
Yes i did meet with my local MP and he took all my papers and told me that he is gonna write to the home office and also send me a copy of that letter to show me what they wrote. Last night only i sent email to ukbacustomercomplaints address.Each month im calling to the home office and the same reply 'u need to wait until u hear from us'.

My history: My student visa got refused once and won the appeal.After that there was no visa on my passport, then after nearly one year my uni had to write to HO and asked about my visa on passport,Even after that i extended visa again from my uni.Then i had PSW, after PSW i got tier4 visa valid until 30 october 2012,as per 28 days rule to apply for ILR i was qualified to apply for ilr on 13th June 2012, i applied in 16 june but my college got romoved from UKBA list on 15th June.Moreover once i didnt have entry seal on my passport on arrival at heathrow but had seal on departure from my country.These are the main critical matter of my case. Any idea about what could happen to me?Pls comment on my situation.

Thanks to suzuka23 too.

syed07
Newly Registered

10 years ILR with Dependents over 5 years

Post by syed07 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi dears,
Could you help me out to clear this confusion and guide me the best option for me and my dependents? Considering the application fee as well please.
Currently I am on tier 1 general visa till April 2016. I came in UK October 2003 and now in this October I am completing 10 years of long residency legally so have a plane to apply under this rule.
But my wife and one son had joined me in December 2007 on student dependent basis and then in October 2010 I got another baby in UK so now I have three dependents living with me since 2007. My questions are 1. can I apply in this September on 28 days before rule please?
2. Can I apply my dependents with me at the same time as they are here more than five years?
3. If so then which ILR form I can use for them please?
4. incase I can’t apply at the same time then when I get my ILR then I can apply for them on which ILR form and is there any rule that they have to wait for another two or five year to get ILR or when I get my one then after I can apply straight away for them ILR please.
Will be thank full and appreciate yours experience and help.
Regards,

zack001
Newly Registered

Re: ILR approved and documents returns

Post by zack001 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:59 am

rayhanali wrote:With the blessings of Lord Almighty my ILR have been approved and received my documents today by post.
I would really thank all the members of this forum who been very helpful and good luck for, who are still waiting for their ILR applications.
i sent my application on 12/12/12 at 12:12:12 pm
Regards,
Congrats man make duwa 4us.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years ILR with Dependents over 5 years

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:10 am

syed07 wrote:Hi dears,
Could you help me out to clear this confusion and guide me the best option for me and my dependents? Considering the application fee as well please.
Currently I am on tier 1 general visa till April 2016. I came in UK October 2003 and now in this October I am completing 10 years of long residency legally so have a plane to apply under this rule.
But my wife and one son had joined me in December 2007 on student dependent basis and then in October 2010 I got another baby in UK so now I have three dependents living with me since 2007. My questions are 1. can I apply in this September on 28 days before rule please?
2. Can I apply my dependents with me at the same time as they are here more than five years?
4. incase I can’t apply at the same time then when I get my ILR then I can apply for them on which ILR form and is there any rule that they have to wait for another two or five year to get ILR or when I get my one then after I can apply straight away for them ILR please.
Regards,
You can't put dependants on set(ilr). I think you have to fill set(lr) for them. Please do confirm from the Ukba website
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:14 am

syed07 wrote:Hi dears,
Regards,
You should apply 28 days before your visa runs out. So Sep is fine. Also you can put your applications at the same time. But if yours is decided first then you can send Ukba Ur ilr to them to support your dependants application. Hope this helps
Godgives

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:06 am

syed07 wrote: Currently I am on tier 1 general visa till April 2016.
When did you first got your Tier 1 ?

I came in UK October 2003 and now in this October I am completing 10 years of long residency legally so have a plane to apply under this rule.
But my wife and one son had joined me in December 2007 on student dependent basis and then in October 2010

I got another baby in UK
You can register this baby as soon as you get your ILR using MN1 Form

so now I have three dependents living with me since 2007. My questions are

1. can I apply in this September on 28 days before rule please?
Yes

Not if you aiming to opt 10 Yr LR Route

FLR(M) for your wife & first child once you get your ILR via 10 Yr LR

Once you get your ILR through 10 Yr Route, your dependents will have to switch to FLR(M) followed by SET(M) only if your dependents have been on Tier 1 general dependent visa for more than 2 yrs. However, if they haven't then they can combine their T1 General & FLR(M) to complete their qualifying period of 2 yrs

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:02 am

himu wrote:
kimnjuka wrote:
himu wrote:Hi everyone,is there any June applicant still waiting? i have applied in 16th june 2012, biometric done on 24th August 2012, still waiting. I am fed up of waiting and waiting.What should i do now? Any suggestion?

Thanx
Hi, Thats a whole year gone, sorry abt that my dear.,,,what was your Visa, did u have any gap or any problems with your Visas..Please could you piz let us know some Gurus might help. God Bless
Yes i did meet with my local MP and he took all my papers and told me that he is gonna write to the home office and also send me a copy of that letter to show me what they wrote. Last night only i sent email to ukbacustomercomplaints address.Each month im calling to the home office and the same reply 'u need to wait until u hear from us'.

My history: My student visa got refused once and won the appeal.After that there was no visa on my passport, then after nearly one year my uni had to write to HO and asked about my visa on passport,Even after that i extended visa again from my uni.Then i had PSW, after PSW i got tier4 visa valid until 30 october 2012,as per 28 days rule to apply for ILR i was qualified to apply for ilr on 13th June 2012, i applied in 16 june but my college got romoved from UKBA list on 15th June.Moreover once i didnt have entry seal on my passport on arrival at heathrow but had seal on departure from my country.These are the main critical matter of my case. Any idea about what could happen to me?Pls comment on my situation.

Thanks to suzuka23 too.
Hi am sorry wish i could help do u have a solicitor who is acting on ur behalf..ask Damamsilo for some guidace..but all in all trust God the Mp will help u.

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 pm

kimnjuka wrote:
himu wrote:
kimnjuka wrote:

Thanx

Thanks to suzuka23 too.
Hi am sorry wish i could help do u have a solicitor who is acting on ur behalf..ask Damamsilo for some guidace..but all in all trust God the Mp will help u.

Hey guyz i got my ilr today, applied on 21/12/12 ,Acknowledgment letter received on 5/1/13 bio data did on the 12/2/13 ..received brp 6/6/13

went to pick my documents from solicitor today.

Thank you to the Almighty God ..He has seen me though this ten years..i didnt lose hope though at times i felt like giving up.God is good all the time.

Thanx for this forum , i learnt alot ..i appreciate everyone contribution on here

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 pm

kimnjuka wrote:

Hey guyz i got my ilr today, applied on 21/12/12 ,Acknowledgment letter received on 5/1/13 bio data did on the 12/2/13 ..received brp 6/6/13
Congratulations!

:D

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi, Please if you don't know how to use excel and the skydrive ask someone to update it for you, it is messed up again

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

All Skydrives

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:06 am

suzuka23 wrote:Hi, Please if you don't know how to use excel and the skydrive ask someone to update it for you, it is messed up again
Please find below the links for various timelines and the procedure to deal with the spread sheet. If ever these spread sheets are messed up, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.

How do I put application timeline on skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for ILR other than 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

Skydrive for Naturalization

Skydrive for British Passport

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between as this could affect the graphs to the right. Once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shoumeshd

Post by shoumeshd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:19 am

himu,
what docs u send with ur ilr(10 years) appplication?
we just need to need to send passport /brp card and life in the uk test .
thats it. is not it?

shoumeshd

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by shoumeshd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 am

dear benito,
what docs u send for ur ilr?
i think i need to send only passport/brp card and life in the uk test .
thats it . is not it?
Benito wrote:Dear all,

I have applied for ILR on the bases of 10 years on 20th May 13,
Got Acknowledgement on 25th May (dated 23rd May), money taken on 23rd May. Now today on 1st June have received Biometrics letter dated on 30th May. Isn't it too soon to receive bimetrics invitation?
I have been searching for others timing and can see that usually biometrics arrives in a month or so time?

shoumeshd

Re: ILR Approved

Post by shoumeshd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:36 am

i am applying ilr (10 yrs) in august/september 2013.
what i need to send them?
my passport covering last 10yrs ,latest brp card and life in the uk test.
thats all need . correct me if i am wrong pls
Damanisshallo wrote:Alhamdulillah after such a long wait finally, I've rec'd my ILR (BRP) this morning which includes

7 Months 21 days
33 weeks
233 days
5592 hours
335,520 minutes
20,131,200 seconds

During this period I've grown so much as a person. I shall admit at this point, I'm a much stronger man (Emotionally) now. Alamdulillah, I wasn't affected with this wait both financially or career wise [As by Allah's grace I was named the MVP of my team] which i feared the most when I read about people losing their jobs or unable to look for one. The only thing I've prayed all this wait was for the well being of my near & dears. My heart went out for Pari_in_kwest when I read her story.

When I joined this forum, I was a novice & bit naive but time has changed me from being a naive to a so called Sage.

I've cherished the moments when some one had a good news to share and felt sorrowful otherwise. I've tried my level best to put everyone at ease and I shall continue doing so... All in all the only thing affected me whilst waiting for this decision are my holidays, which is next to nothing compared to others.

Congratulations to everyone who had recently got their approvals and Good Luck to the rest and I hope the waiting time comes down soon.

Jazaak Allahu Khair

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

ILR Refused

Post by Hwima » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi all

The wait is over, the battle is lost for now but the war will go on. I got another 3yrs DLR through the post this morning. I'm not going to mourn about the decision as I think it was fair. The trouble is the refusal in 2009 and the AIT process that followed. The UKBA has taken the view that I was not living here lawfully up to the time I was granted the first DLR in April 2010 when I lodged a fresh application in the middle of AIT at the same time withdrawing the appeal in process. Perhaps if I had successfully appealed the refusal (which I honestly think I wouldn't have won at that time) then things might have been different.

Quick note, I wrote an email to the UKBA's former chief executive Rob Whiteman on Wednesday 05 2013 asking for the case to be expedited. Their response was they would forward the email to the relevant department. I think this helped a bit, but at the same time I hope that's also not the reason I'm sitting here with a DLR instead of ILR.

Many thanks to you people for helping when things were really bad. For every long night, there is a bright day after that. Try not to despair. I hope those with complicated cases have much better luck. Have faith in God and let our vision of what's best and God's will go hand in hand.

For the sake of bad feeling I wont be looking too much into what's happening here for a while but I will be back (I am human after all). Many blessings

Hwima

suzuka23

Re: ILR Refused

Post by suzuka23 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Hwima wrote:Hi all

The wait is over, the battle is lost for now but the war will go on. I got another 3yrs DLR through the post this morning. I'm not going to mourn about the decision as I think it was fair. The trouble is the refusal in 2009 and the AIT process that followed. The UKBA has taken the view that I was not living here lawfully up to the time I was granted the first DLR in April 2010 when I lodged a fresh application in the middle of AIT at the same time withdrawing the appeal in process. Perhaps if I had successfully appealed the refusal (which I honestly think I wouldn't have won at that time) then things might have been different.

Quick note, I wrote an email to the UKBA's former chief executive Rob Whiteman on Wednesday 05 2013 asking for the case to be expedited. Their response was they would forward the email to the relevant department. I think this helped a bit, but at the same time I hope that's also not the reason I'm sitting here with a DLR instead of ILR.

Many thanks to you people for helping when things were really bad. For every long night, there is a bright day after that. Try not to despair. I hope those with complicated cases have much better luck. Have faith in God and let our vision of what's best and God's will go hand in hand.

For the sake of bad feeling I wont be looking too much into what's happening here for a while but I will be back (I am human after all). Many blessings

Hwima

Keep your head up Hwima!
All the best

Benito

Post by Benito » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Hello shoumeshd!
Sorry for late responce.
I have sent:
1. Application form Set (LR) + two passport size pics
2. Two passports with all visas & stamps (I didn't send any BRP cards as I I only had sticker visas in the passports)
3. Police registration
4. Life in the UK test Certificate
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Child Birth Certificate
7. Letter from doctor (GP) stating that I have been registered with GP for last 9 years (you can obtain it from ur GP, cost £10)
8. P60 for last financial year
9. Three months bank statements
10. ISA saving book (for last 7 years)
11. Copies of Home Office Acknowledgement Letters for past 10 years for each visa I have in the passports + copies of judge decisions ( I had two refusals in the past and both appeals were allowed by judges)
12. Letter/Reference from my land lord (stating that I have been living at present address for 7 years and been a good tenant)
All this docs are mentioned in SET (LR) form apart from Letter/Refernce from land lord. I have added this just to show them a "good character".
The documents which U've mentioned are alright (I think if u've got straightforward case with no gaps etc.) I mean it is completely up to you, but I would agree with some members in this forum that it is better to keep it simple to save CW's time and also keep yourself out of any complications by sending unnecessary papers.
Regards...
P.S. by the way I didn't use solicitor.
shoumeshd wrote:dear benito,
thats it . is not it?

Got Acknowledgement on 25th May (dated 23rd May), money taken on 23rd May. Now today on 1st June have received Biometrics letter dated on 30th May. Isn't it too soon to receive bimetrics invitation?
I have been searching for others timing and can see that usually biometrics arrives in a month or so time?
Last edited by Benito on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manha22
Newly Registered

Post by Manha22 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi I applied for my ilr 10 year it's been 6months no reply yet

MM121
Newly Registered

Long wait

Post by MM121 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:30 pm

6 months and 4 days today. Any ideas how one doesn't think abt the wait?

Waiting waiting waiting

suzuka23

Re: Long wait

Post by suzuka23 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:57 pm

MM121 wrote:6 months and 4 days today. Any ideas how one doesn't think abt the wait?

Waiting waiting waiting

You should consider contacting your local MP. I will do that the day I reach the 6 months! Glad this forum exist, at least we know what is going on with the skydrive

kimnjuka

Re: ILR Refused

Post by kimnjuka » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Hwima wrote:Hi all

Hwima
Hi Dear,

Sorry about that, atleast they have given you DLR and hopefuly they will give you the ILR after those three years. can you travel with DLR? Just relax and hopefuly things will be alright take heart God never sleeps...

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:24 pm

suzuka23 wrote:Hi, Please if you don't know how to use excel and the skydrive ask someone to update it for you, it is messed up again
I dnt know how to use it could someone kindly update for me please thanx.kate

syed07
Newly Registered

Post by syed07 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
syed07 wrote: Currently I am on tier 1 general visa till April 2016.
When did you first got your Tier 1 ?

I came in UK October 2003 and now in this October I am completing 10 years of long residency legally so have a plane to apply under this rule.
But my wife and one son had joined me in December 2007 on student dependent basis and then in October 2010

I got another baby in UK
You can register this baby as soon as you get your ILR using MN1 Form

so now I have three dependents living with me since 2007. My questions are

1. can I apply in this September on 28 days before rule please?
Yes

Not if you aiming to opt 10 Yr LR Route

FLR(M) for your wife & first child once you get your ILR via 10 Yr LR

Once you get your ILR through 10 Yr Route, your dependents will have to switch to FLR(M) followed by SET(M) only if your dependents have been on Tier 1 general dependent visa for more than 2 yrs. However, if they haven't then they can combine their T1 General & FLR(M) to complete their qualifying period of 2 yrs
Thank you very much and congrats for yous ILR

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:28 am

shoumeshd wrote:himu,
what docs u send with ur ilr(10 years) appplication?
we just need to need to send passport /brp card and life in the uk test .
thats it. is not it?
Yes your right.. As long as you don't have any gaps or issues, all entry and exit stamps are there in your passports.. your fine to send just these docs

Anyways, you don't need to ask the same question 3 times mate

shoumeshd

Post by shoumeshd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:44 am

hi benito thanks for your reply. i can understand that all the cases vary
from person to person and depend upon the complication of the visa.

i just want to the basic and must requirements for ilr (10 years). i dont have anyvisa refusal or gap and i have also checked SAR docs that all application i made last 10 years are all valid and in time. all the last 10 years visa in on passport and BRP CARD.

please correct me if i am wrong....bank statements/tax letter GP letter tenancy letter all these letter you only need to submit when you do not have all the passports to show that you were here last 10 years . isn't it?

thanks ,i will wait for your reply

Benito wrote:Hello shoumeshd!
Sorry for late responce.
I have sent:
1. Application form Set (LR) + two passport size pics
2. Two passports with all visas & stamps (I didn't send any BRP cards as I I only had sticker visas in the passports)
3. Police registration
4. Life in the UK test Certificate
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Child Birth Certificate
7. Letter from doctor (GP) stating that I have been registered with GP for last 9 years (you can obtain it from ur GP, cost £10)
8. P60 for last financial year
9. Three months bank statements
10. ISA saving book (for last 7 years)
11. Copies of Home Office Acknowledgement Letters for past 10 years for each visa I have in the passports + copies of judge decisions ( I had two refusals in the past and both appeals were allowed by judges)
12. Letter/Reference from my land lord (stating that I have been living at present address for 7 years and been a good tenant)
All this docs are mentioned in SET (LR) form apart from Letter/Refernce from land lord. I have added this just to show them a "good character".
The documents which U've mentioned are alright (I think if u've got straightforward case with no gaps etc.) I mean it is completely up to you, but I would agree with some members in this forum that it is better to keep it simple to save CW's time and also keep yourself out of any complications by sending unnecessary papers.
Regards...
P.S. by the way I didn't use solicitor.
shoumeshd wrote:dear benito,
thats it . is not it?