ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:30 pm

pelebo wrote:Does anybody know if i can submit my PR application without including my passport. I intend submit the application using my driver's license. This is due to the fact that I am pursuing a new employment which will require me to frequently travel oversea.
You will need to submit your passport. Once your CoA (Certificate of Application) is issued - typically in a few weeks - then request the return of your passport citing urgent work commitments.

It should be returned within 20 working days of the UKBA receiving your request. Make sure you use the designated 'Return of Doucuments' form which can be found on the UKBA website.

Requesting your passport doesn't void your application and should not slow down its processing.

newcastleboy
Newly Registered

Post by newcastleboy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

MY TIMELINE AS FOLLOWS:
EEA3 & 4 applications sent 01/11/2012

EEA3 & 4 applications received by UKBA on 02/11/2012

COA received 08/11/2012 (dated 05/11/2012)

EEA 3 & 4 received 03/04/2013 (dated 01/04/2013)

HOPE EVERYONE GET THEIR PR SOON ......

Vinnie21

Post by Vinnie21 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:15 pm

pelebo wrote:Does anybody know if i can submit my PR application without including my passport. I intend submit the application using my driver's license. This is due to the fact that I am pursuing a new employment which will require me to frequently travel oversea.
u can't submit ur application without passport it will be refused strait away

Vinnie21

Post by Vinnie21 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 pm

newcastleboy wrote:MY TIMELINE AS FOLLOWS:
EEA3 & 4 applications sent 01/11/2012

EEA3 & 4 applications received by UKBA on 02/11/2012

COA received 08/11/2012 (dated 05/11/2012)

EEA 3 & 4 received 03/04/2013 (dated 01/04/2013)

HOPE EVERYONE GET THEIR PR SOON ......
sorry but I have beat u on that matter send application on 22/04/12 received Pr 26/05/13 sorry lol

mcclane

Post by mcclane » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:51 pm

my timeline as follows

15 march EEA3 AND EEA4 sent

No COA received

PR Received today 06 June.

Good Luck for all waiting!

babylove1
Newly Registered

Post by babylove1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 pm

There is hope! I received my PR after 2 months. It took 8 months and many letters to get my RC so really surprised this time around.

My timeline as follows:

Unmarried Partner to an EEA national - my partner did not apply for EEA3
EEA4 Application sent with request for return of passports: 6 April 2013
EEA4 Signed for at UKBA: 8 April 2013
Requested Passports via email: 11 April 2013
Passports received: 20 April 2013
COA received: 20 April 2013 (separate to passports)
PR received: 5 June 2013 dated 3 June 2013

They didn't ask for my passport back though so now it's been issued on a piece of paper! This might prove to be a problem when applying for Schengen visas but hoping for the best!

I separated my paperwork by address, included a cover page (contents and date from and to), sorted by type of document and then date. I added employment separately. Documents included as follows:

- Cover letter
- 5 years employment (p60s and then p45s for months not covered by p60s)
- Joint tenancy agreements
- Joint council tax bills
- Joint water, electricity, gas bills
- Joint bank statements (only the first page showing our names and address)

My advice would be to include as much relevant evidence as possible, leaving no room for doubts; organise paperwork in a logical manner; explain any gaps in your cover letter.

Good luck to everyone!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:22 pm

babylove1 wrote:There is hope! I received my PR after 2 months. It took 8 months and many letters to get my RC so really surprised this time around.
Good for you! Based on observation there seems no clear cut tips that help for speedy processing though it always helps to send a well organised application.

My situation was straight forward, application well organised and backed with sufficient documentation but still took just under 6 months.

You're one of the lucky ones I imagine.

darthsolicitortobe
Newly Registered

Post by darthsolicitortobe » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Plum70 is right, there's no hard-and-fast rule regarding time-scales! My case was very straight forward; and I was just as methodical in my application and supporting evidence, but it still took 6 months. Of course, it's best to be as organised as possible in case it does actually help!

Also, I suspect the abolition of the UK Border Agency may be responsible for this sudden change of ethos vis-a-vis processing times. Or maybe, it's just a coincidence! Long may it continue though!

In truth, there's no real way of knowing the percentage of applications that are decided under 2-3 months, as people only really come to this forum when there's a problem. Perhaps the majority of satisfied applicants don't bother saying a word!

This sounds like a job for the Freedom of Information Act! Lol.

babylove1
Newly Registered

Post by babylove1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Plum70 wrote:Based on observation there seems no clear cut tips that help for speedy processing though it always helps to send a well organised application.
Yes, of course and my advice was not for fast processing but merely application advice as I thought that this forum was for sharing experiences - apologies if my intention wasn't clearly conveyed (or if I'm in the wrong topic/thread :shock:).
darthsolicitortobe wrote:people only really come to this forum when there's a problem.
That might be true for most but I have been following threads on this forum since before even applying for my RC. I again came onto this forum and this specific thread before applying for PR to make sure I was prepared. I suspect that there are many others who observe these threads without posting anything.

Plum70, thank you for your dedication to this forum. I have been following your advice (and motivation) since applying for my RC in 2008 and it's gone a long way in helping me and I'm sure many others.

darthsolicitortobe
Newly Registered

Post by darthsolicitortobe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Apologies Babylove if you misunderstood my post. You are definitely in the right forum.

I should have said people mainly POST threads when they have a question or problem. I, like you, have been quietly observing threads in this forum for a while. Of course, great people like Plum70 are ever present to help with answering questions.

My post was meant to reassure those who have been waiting for a while with no news. It's easy to think there's a problem when others are getting their PR back in a short period of time.

Your advice is sound, and it's good of you to share your experience.

Aluta continua.

malco
Newly Registered

Post by malco » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi guys ,
I was always reading all messages on this website while I was waiting for
my PR and now I just got it
I wanted to give you my timeline.

EEA 4 APPLICATION SEND ON THE 11/03/2013.

EEA 4 APPLICATION RECEIVED BY THE HOME OFFICE ON THE 12/03/2013.

COA RECEIVED 02/04/213 DATED 28/03/2013

PR received yesterday the 13/06/2013 DATED ON 14/05/2013

really good luck to every one who is still waiting

Guys have faith on the home office because end of the day they are only

a human being like you and me doing there job .And as you can imagine
the number of applications they must have to deal with every day .So I
think to make it easier for them to deal with your application, Try to

organise everything in the envelope and make it straightforward .

Any one who have any question I will be happy to help.

HONCHO
Newly Registered

Post by HONCHO » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Congratulation mate !

malco
Newly Registered

Post by malco » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:34 am

many thanks mate

I just wish now for every one who is waiting to get there s

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Vinnie21 wrote:
u can't submit ur application without passport it will be refused strait away
I don't know if they'll accept a certified copy...Ask a solicitor etc

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Babz wrote: I don't know if they'll accept a certified copy...Ask a solicitor etc
I recently learnt that the UKBA does accept certified copies of ID and supporting documents for naturalisation applications, but doesn't readily publish this on the UKBA site

I imagine they would rather prefer leading us to believe that originals should be submitted.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Plum70 wrote:I recently learnt that the UKBA does accept certified copies of ID and supporting documents for naturalisation applications, but doesn't readily publish this on the UKBA site
Ways to apply for British citizenship or nationality wrote:Individual applications
You may apply directly without using the nationality checking service or a representative. You must submit either original documents, or a fully certified photocopy of your documents.
However for EEA applications, UKBA insist on original documents (unless they have seen them already in previous applications).

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 pm

malco wrote:Guys have faith on the home office because end of the day they are only a human being like you and me doing there job .And as you can imagine the number of applications they must have to deal with every day .
No offense malco but that is the funniest thing I have read in ages regarding the UKBA. How can anyone not be frustrated with the UKBA if you have been waiting 8+ months for them to make a simple decision and all they keep on telling you is to "Be Patient and Wait".

I am glad you got your paperwork sorted as quickly as you did, guess I am just one of the unlucky helpless suckers still waiting.

amigovio
Newly Registered

PR

Post by amigovio » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:19 am

WebMonkey you are not alone I am an October 2012 applicant and still no news.

I need my documents before next month, because I have planned travel for the whole of July. I have to travel but I don't have my documents back yet, never mind work commitments, this is serious family reasons.

I submitted my first ROD in the beginning of May and when it reached the 20 days (including the bank holiday) they said that I had to resubmit another ROD and in 20 days submit another one again if I didn't get my documents back, and so on forever.

My MP said they will facilitate my return of documents but so far nothing, I call the UKBA everyday but they same answer: not completed yet and they can see I submitted 2 RODs, just be patient and wait. I also check the Royal Mail track and trace website everyday: nothing!

Can anyone please advise what else to do? What other options do I have? at this point I just want my documents back as a matter of urgency.

mrbaseball
Newly Registered

Latest update of my EEA4 visa

Post by mrbaseball » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:06 am

Just wanted to update everyone on my status as I've found it very useful. I had made the decision to travel after the 6 month waiting period, but a decision had not been made on PR. When I tried to get back into the UK the Border Agency/Immigration stopped me. I showed them my COA letter and stated that a decision had not been made yet, and was hopefully waiting for me at home. I had to wait over 2 1/2 hours and they made enquires to my application. They then told my that my application was denied, but I was allowed to appeal the decision. They then had to try and figure out what stamp to put in my passport since I was going to work the next day. They ended up giving me random stamp that gave me another 6 months to work in the country.

Upon returning home, I did not find any letters from the Home Office. I then called the Home Office to find out about the decision. They asked if it had been over 6 months and I told them yes and that I was stopped by Immigration. The person on the other end of the phone said they could not give me any information about my application over the phone, but I could mail the office in Liverpool to find out where they were with my case and the decision. So how could Immigration say it was denied, yet the Home Office said it was still being processed.

So I contacted my MP again (this being the third time) and explained everything above. It takes my MP two weeks to get a response back from the Home Office only for them to tell him that it was my own decision to travel (regardless when I returned I was in 6 1/2 months into my application). And that they had made a decision but the letter hasn't been sent because they were doing quality assurance checks on it. So its now been almost 8 months and I might get to hear about the decision soon.

Non-EU Family Member of a Swedish National
Applied for EEA4 28 Oct.
Application received 29 Oct.
CoA received dated 6 Nov.
Passport request 19 Mar
MP contacted and enquires to made by his office 19 Mar
MP replied - HO stated they are still within their 6 months time frame to process visa.
Passports requested again 8 April
MP contacted about UKBA not returning passports in 10 working days
Passport received 12 April with letter dated 9 April
Waiting for the decision on my application

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:17 am

amigovio, I feel your pain. I've done exactly what you have done to date and I am none the wiser as to when I can move on with my life.

I've applied for ROR via EEA4, been married for 5 years, lived in the UK since 2004. I've not changed employment for the last 7 and a half years, hold high level security clearance and own a house. My relationship broke apart, I can not move jobs because I can not prove eligibility to a new employer because my COA is out of date and despite trying various routes to get the UKBA to send me an updated copy. I can not prove my identity to sell my house because my paperwork is with the UKBA... so instead the UKBA is torturing me by not giving me an answer.

1. Got MP involved, they sent a letter, no response. They told me that they will chase them after no response from UKBA after 6 weeks.
2. Sent a hand written complaint to the UKBA, signed for.
3. Sent a complaint email to UKBA, no response even though they mention 20 days response.
4. Tweeted the Home Office - NOTHING

So, in a nutshell, we are powerless with very little information to guide us. I can clearly see why many people avoid the whole process and get into the country via a lorry coming through Dover, they at least get someone from the UKBA to talk to them...

rodrimarto

Re: Latest update of my EEA4 visa

Post by rodrimarto » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 am

mrbaseball wrote:Just wanted to update everyone on my status as I've found it very useful. I had made the decision to travel after the 6 month waiting period, but a decision had not been made on PR. When I tried to get back into the UK the Border Agency/Immigration stopped me. I showed them my COA letter and stated that a decision had not been made yet, and was hopefully waiting for me at home. I had to wait over 2 1/2 hours and they made enquires to my application. They then told my that my application was denied, but I was allowed to appeal the decision. They then had to try and figure out what stamp to put in my passport since I was going to work the next day. They ended up giving me random stamp that gave me another 6 months to work in the country.

Upon returning home, I did not find any letters from the Home Office. I then called the Home Office to find out about the decision. They asked if it had been over 6 months and I told them yes and that I was stopped by Immigration. The person on the other end of the phone said they could not give me any information about my application over the phone, but I could mail the office in Liverpool to find out where they were with my case and the decision. So how could Immigration say it was denied, yet the Home Office said it was still being processed.

So I contacted my MP again (this being the third time) and explained everything above. It takes my MP two weeks to get a response back from the Home Office only for them to tell him that it was my own decision to travel (regardless when I returned I was in 6 1/2 months into my application). And that they had made a decision but the letter hasn't been sent because they were doing quality assurance checks on it. So its now been almost 8 months and I might get to hear about the decision soon.

Applied for EEA4 28 Oct.
Passport request 19 Mar
MP replied - HO stated they are still within their 6 months time frame to process visa.
Waiting for the decision on my application

Doing quality assurance checks on your decision letter???
:?

isabela

Re: Latest update of my EEA4 visa

Post by isabela » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Hi,i have applied for pr 3 march 2013 home office received 4 march 2013 COA received 15 of march 2013 so far nothing phoned them last week its not on the final stage they told me.
i have moved to uk 2006 married to an eea,2011 divorced,2012 retained my right noaw applying for pr,but it feels like its no hope
Anyone with a similar story please

t had been over 6 months and I told them yes and that I was stopped by Immigration. The person on the other end of the phone said they could not give me any information about my application over the phone, but I could mail the office in Liverpool to find out where they were with my case and the decision. So how could Immigration say it was denied, yet the Home Office said it was still being processed.

Applied for EEA4 28 Oct.
Passport request 19 Mar
Waiting for the decision on my application[/quote]

Doing quality assurance checks on your decision letter???
:?[/quote] :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

malco
Newly Registered

Post by malco » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:31 pm

You may be right Web monkey
Maybe I was just so relieved to get my PR that I forgot that there is people
which are waiting for a long long time and still no answer.
And my experience for both my RC and PR was always quick .
I still think that having everything well organized when you send the application is very very important and also when you send as many evidence as possible.
good luck to you web monkey and to all the people who are still waiting.

amigovio
Newly Registered

Post by amigovio » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Please see the links below:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46771

http://www.tntmagazine.com/ukba

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/37916

I hope they listen to all of us and improve their service.

bagaja
Newly Registered

Post by bagaja » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi guys..
Can you plz advice me my 5 year residence card is expiring soon but my wife is not working since 2010 and stay at home as a house wife .but she has got permanent residence by working here 5 year from 2003 til 2009.
Can I eligible for permanent residency as my wife did,t work in the last three year.
any advice please let me know...

Thanks to you all...