ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overlapping General Visitor Visa and Student Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kr1s
Newly Registered

Overlapping General Visitor Visa and Student Visitor Visa

Post by kr1s » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi

This is a bit long winded so I'll say thanks now to anyone who has the patience to read it all and even more to anyone who can answer!

My GF is a Chinese national currently working as an au-pair in Belgium.
Eventually she wants to come to UK on a Tier 4 Student Visa to study accounting, but at the moment her English is not up to the required IELTS 5.5 (It's 4.5).
One option is for her to come here on a Student Visitor Visa and study English for a few months starting in October 2013.

BUT she is currently having difficulties with her host family and wants to apply for a General Visitor Visa to come and stay with me for a few weeks before that (in August), then return to China to apply for Student Visitor Visa.

So the question is, if she gets a General Visitor Visa (say, from August 2013 till January 2014), would she still be able to get a Student Visitor Visa starting in October 2013 until July 2014 to allow her to study?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Yes she will, shouldn't be a problem.

kr1s
Newly Registered

Post by kr1s » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:39 am

Thank you!