ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahzad001
Newly Registered

Tier 1 refusal

Post by shahzad001 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Hello guys,

Just enquiring if someone can help me in my case. I sent my tier 1 extension last month. I sent two proofs of income as combination...one letter from employer and second P60. UKBA refused my application as they considered both proofs as same source of information. I did have bank statements that I did not send. How can I proceed with the appeal? As I was hoping that UKBA would have asked me for additional documents.

Your help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

SHahzad[/b]

honey_parmar
Newly Registered

Post by honey_parmar » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Sorry to hear about your case...

But if think it is your mistake for not going thru guidance which clearly stipulates two pieces of evidence from DIFFERENT sources.P60 and salary slip have a common source = Employer.

Please get the statement from Bank where your salary comes , highlight it with colour marker and send it with your appeal ,if u have given right to appeal.

Please not when u send the statement if should not be 1 month old.

Hope this helps

The above info is best of my knowledge BUT please take suitable professional advice

Rafik83
Newly Registered

Post by Rafik83 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Sorry to hear about that, the good news is that as long as you can provide the second source of income (bank statements) , you should not worry at all. I did the same mistake when I applied for extension, and I appealed it successfully, but I presented my appeal through a solicitor.

If you are confident enough to represent your appeal in front of the immigration judge, then just do it yourself as the judge will need to make sure that your application was rejected merely due to the fact of a missing document.

Good luck.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 am

Was this a genuine mistake or was it done deliberately. It sounds from your expectations that you did this deliberately. Unfortunately the law isn't always black and white and what worked in one case wouldn't necessarily work in the next. I would seek the help of a competent solicitor to help.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Rafik83
Newly Registered

Post by Rafik83 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 pm

I don't get what you mean by "deliberately"!! how would I "deliberately" send the wrong document ?!
In my previous post I meant that I was not aware of the fact the the income proof has to be from "two different sources", and that's the mistake I did, and that's why I got the refusal, just as what this post is about.

I agree that getting a professional solicitor to appeal on your behalf is the best way forward, but you can do that yourself without the need of a solicitor IF you are sure you explain well your case to the immigration judge.

The case here is straightforward: if the rejection was only because of a missing document, that can be supplied at the appeal time and should not be a problem to get the decision reversed.