ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member divorce after 2 years of marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rollingstar
Newly Registered

EEA family member divorce after 2 years of marriage

Post by rollingstar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:04 pm

hi,, I am in very difficult condition.. My details are:

came to uk on july 2009 (student visa) studied my 2 years course
got married to eu national in june 2011
received my EEA2 residency card sep 2011
now we have got 3 months old kid. But our relationship is not working any more.. so my wife wants divorce now as our marriage only has lasted for 2 years so far..but i have been living in this country for four years.
Plz could any body help me is there any kind visa like retain rights or others????Because i have got good job. I dont wanna leave this country.

Thanks.

Diomond

Re: EEA family member divorce after 2 years of marriage

Post by Diomond » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:17 pm

rollingstar wrote:hi,, I am in very difficult condition.. My details are:

now we have got 3 months old kid. But our relationship is not working any more.. so my wife wants divorce now as our marriage only has lasted for 2 years so far..but i have been living in this country for four years.
Plz could any body help me is there any kind visa like retain rights or others????Because i have got good job. I dont wanna leave this country.

Thanks.
Your marriage should be lasted for 3 years,Or u can retain the right of residence if u have permission from court to have access to your child Or a contract between you and your wife that you can have access to your child. You need to look into relevant law.

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Diomond wrote:

Thanks.
Your marriage should be lasted for 3 years,Or u can retain the right of residence if u have permission from court to have access to your child Or a contract between you and your wife that you can have access to your child. You need to look into relevant law.
ok.. if i get permission from court to have access to my child, then after getting my retaining rights will i be able to get my PR in future???

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 pm

rollingstar wrote:
Diomond wrote:

Thanks.
ok.. if i get permission from court to have access to my child, then after getting my retaining rights will i be able to get my PR in future???

One at a time, retain your right first before worrying about PR, best of luck

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:08 pm

zubby007 wrote:
rollingstar wrote:
Diomond wrote:

Thanks.

One at a time, retain your right first before worrying about PR, best of luck
ok... could you tell me which form should i need to fill???and what documents i need to attached? And its something same to derivative right of residence??? Correct me if i am wrong???

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:38 am

plz reply...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:05 am

djchoclate wrote:plz reply...
Have you asked a question or was it others? I may have misread this, but don't see your question here.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:06 am

Members are reminded that only one user ID account is allowed.

See Here