ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how is the approval letter worded?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desertlord

how is the approval letter worded?

Post by desertlord » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi all,

Just wonder how do they word the approval letter for bc?
Last edited by desertlord on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: how is the approval letter worded?

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:52 pm

desertlord wrote:Hi all,

Just wonder how do they word the approval letter for bc? can some share a copy of course after hiding private information just to look out when we get it?
Itchy feet.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Dont worry I vil do it wen i vil get mine certificate. :)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Just wonder how do they word the approval letter for bc? can some share a copy of course after hiding private information just to look out when we get it?
First of all, it comes in a brown envelope which needs to be opened first. On retrieving the contents, they will have to be read (and understood) for the recipient to decipher what message is being communicated. Once reading and comprehension simultaneously take place, only then will it become evident whether it is a UKBA approval letter or not.

I do not see how posting the contents of the letter will help you "look out for it" more efficiently as they will be concealed in an envelope.

Just hold on for Mr. Posty; he's on his way.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 am

Well, thanks for all " kind" replies where everyone tried their best!

Just to clarify, when I got my ILR last year in PEO the lady told me she will grant it on the day. I was also given a letter that HAS NOT a single word about approval but general information about ILR etc so I was just wondering will they normally use a sentence like" your application has been approved/ successful" or just another letter about general information on bc and you need to wait for the invitation letter to know for sure.

That was all. but thanks anyway

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 am

desertlord you may find this document useful
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

scroll down to 6.7(wording of decision letters)

the bottom line is that refusal should be clearly stated with reasons. So unlike the ILR letter, the citizenship approval letter will be very clear as they will also give information regarding the ceremony

I got excited last Monday when I recieved a brown envelope, it was confusing and had no direct information regarding approval...then I realised Virgin Media have no affiliation with UKBA :)

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:20 am

desertlord wrote:Well, thanks for all " kind" replies where everyone tried their best!

Just to clarify, when I got my ILR last year in PEO the lady told me she will grant it on the day. I was also given a letter that HAS NOT a single word about approval but general information about ILR etc so I was just wondering will they normally use a sentence like" your application has been approved/ successful" or just another letter about general information on bc and you need to wait for the invitation letter to know for sure.

That was all. but thanks anyway
yes very much - the first line of the letter itself will confirm the decision (i.e. application has been approved) and then advise the next steps i.e. citizenship ceremony, who to contact, oath/affirmation etc.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 pm

thanks for both legalalien and ban.s for your replies

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:31 pm

But I have heard that to cut down costs, UKBA have started sending approval letters together with fast food takeaway leaflets.

I have also heard that to confuse applicants, letters are written in old Aramaic Language.

Padi123

Post by Padi123 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:But I have heard that to cut down costs, UKBA have started sending approval letters together with fast food takeaway leaflets.

I have also heard that to confuse applicants, letters are written in old Aramaic Language.
Lol.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Just wonder how do they word the approval letter for bc?
Hi desertlord,

I have posted an edited copy of my approval letter for you to review the wording.

Hope it helps: http://imageshack.us/f/850/photojyh.jpg/

As you can see, it is not generic wording. The first sentence is: "I am pleased to tell you that this application for British citizenship has been approved."

Good luck to you and the rest.

psb

Post by psb » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:45 am

You posted the invitation letter not the approval letter, which arrives after the approval letter.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:52 am

Just wonder how do they word the approval letter for BC?
Hi mate, this is the letter you should expect to receive if your application is successful.
Good luck to all of you waiting for this letter.you can download the letter from link below:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By6iudY ... sp=sharing

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 am

psb wrote:You posted the invitation letter not the approval letter, which arrives after the approval letter.
PSB, this was the approval letter and the only document that I received from UKBA. The invitation letter is a different document from Essex County Council.

Compare my document with Alish60 - it's the same.

Would be interested to hear why you think that my approval letter is actually an invitation letter.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 am

RoyalFlush wrote:
psb wrote:You posted the invitation letter not the approval letter, which arrives after the approval letter.
PSB, this was the approval letter and the only document that I received from UKBA. The invitation letter is a different document from Essex County Council.

Compare my document with Alish60 - it's the same.

Would be interested to hear why you think that my approval letter is actually an invitation letter.
I also only had this letter and nothing more.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:29 am

desertlord

thanks

Post by desertlord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Big thank you guy for RoyalFlush & Alish60, you are correct they are clear letters unlike the generic one I got for ILR. Hopefully everything will be on order when the right time comes.
Cheers everyone and congratulations for both of you, all the best.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:42 pm

You are most welcome mate :)

psb

Post by psb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:08 am

My approval letter is worded differently.

It says:

'I am pleased to say that your application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony. Please note this letter IS NOT an invitation to a ceremony. You should NOT contact your local Authority until you have received your invitation'.

It seems that the letters attached above by others are invitation letters not approval letters.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:35 pm

that is confusing now!

So, Psb, have you received an invitation letter after that?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:39 pm

desertlord wrote:that is confusing now!

So, Psb, have you received an invitation letter after that?
HO work with local authorities to administer citizenship ceremonies.
In some cases, the HO approval letter also includes invitation and you don't need any separate invitation letter; otherwise you'll receive two letters one from HO with decision followed by invitation letter from your local council.

Either way, the home office letter will clearly state the decision and advise you next steps.

So just wait for the letter to arrive.

psb

Post by psb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:12 pm

I am still waiting for an invitation letter. I received approval letter a week ago. I made a postal application not through NCS.

I read here that NCS applications do not receive approval letter but invitation letter.