ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is the UKBA ref number on approval letter same with..?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alish60

Is the UKBA ref number on approval letter same with..?

Post by Alish60 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:37 am

Hi everyone
Hope someone will answer my question!
When you receive the approval letter, there is a Home Office Ref number on it. I am just wondering if this is the same Naturalization Certificate number?
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:06 am

The HO reference number would appear on the certificate but it's not the certificate number which you need to put in the passport application. That's a different number.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:21 am

Jambo wrote:The HO reference number would appear on the certificate but it's not the certificate number which you need to put in the passport application. That's a different number.
Thanks

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:34 pm

I was wondering the same, thinking that I could complete my passport application before my ceremony - a bit impatient I know.

Anyway, since my county council will already have the certificate, I will give them a call and try my luck. I will let you know if I succeed.

I am also wondering about sending in my passport application before attending the ceremony such that I can have the passport interview ASAP after the ceremony. I am thinking that there might be a legal loophole here but I will need to read up on this. Anyone that can shed light on the legal side of this please feel free to chip in.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:I was wondering the same, thinking that I could complete my passport application before my ceremony - a bit impatient I know.

Anyway, since my county council will already have the certificate, I will give them a call and try my luck. I will let you know if I succeed.

I am also wondering about sending in my passport application before attending the ceremony such that I can have the passport interview ASAP after the ceremony. I am thinking that there might be a legal loophole here but I will need to read up on this. Anyone that can shed light on the legal side of this please feel free to chip in.

Thanks in advance.
You cannot send your passport application before your ceremony as you have to send your naturalisation certificate with the passport application. You are not considered British until you attend the ceremony and receive the certificate. You can apply for passport on the same day after you attend the ceremony.

First time passport applications take between 4 and six weeks and unfortunately there is no way of speeding this process up.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cobra

Post by cobra » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:I was wondering the same, thinking that I could complete my passport application before my ceremony - a bit impatient I know.

Thanks in advance.
You really make me Laugh hahaha.
Please forget about the loophole. Be patient, wait for the certificate and submit your passport application.
Last edited by cobra on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Red passport gives you wings :lol:

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:46 pm

My sincere thanks to you all.

@cobra - glad my impatience made someone laugh :)

@Ayyubi72 - red bull is quicker and cheaper... but border control might give you a warm room for the night if you hand that over instead of your passport :lol:

Thanks again everyone!

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Red passport gives you wings :lol:
i thought RED BULL gives u that...lol
UK------++++-------****