ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

request of Document Return - 2 months and no documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

randomuser
Newly Registered

request of Document Return - 2 months and no documents

Post by randomuser » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:29 am

Hi All

Previously my wife took a Family Permit to come to the UK (see my earlier posts), and then we applied for her residence card.
1 - March sent off residence card application
2- 10th April We were sent a "certificate of Application"
3- 18th april sent off a request for document return by filling in the document return.doc and emailing it to rodrequests@ukba.gsi.gov.uk ....
4- 18th April we got a confirmation email asking us to wait 20 working days.
5- Kept checking the royal mail track and trace... "Please come back later"
6- Then when the 20 working days were up, started emailing liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with no avail....
7- Now I'm emailing them every 4-5 days... no replies whatsoever.

what can I do? We need to travel (already last month!) for work purposes and are stuck here. They wont even tell us if they lost our documentation so we can go and make a new set of passports and other docs!

PS. the phone number included on the "Certificate of Application" letter is an INACTIVE number. I've lived and worked in a dozen countries in and outside Europe and have never in my life experienced such horrendous incompetence and wanton disregard for people as with the "UKBA"...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:51 am

Get your MP involved.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:25 pm

I am in the same boat as you. I contacted my MP who is even worse than the UKBA. Saying she has 100 cases to deal with and it will take up to 3 weeks to answer me. I hope your local MP will be able to help you as quickly as possible. Have you tried making a complain? I have done that already, hopefully it will speed everything up. It's very frustrating when they hold on to your passport when do not have the right to do so.

randomuser
Newly Registered

Post by randomuser » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:56 pm

I just sent a detailed email to my MP... lets see what happens.

how do I make a complaint? I contacted that liverpooleuro email address... is that it?

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Send them a letter with the form..I got mine in 5 days..
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:56 pm

randomuser wrote:I just sent a detailed email to my MP... lets see what happens.

how do I make a complaint? I contacted that liverpooleuro email address... is that it?
I sent my complain email to UKBAcustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and I also put it in writing to the Liverpool office.