ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unintentional mistake -AN form- do I still have a chance???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moonika
Newly Registered

Post by Moonika » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:06 pm

I am EEA citizen. I applied for naturalization as a British citizen using AN form.
I arrived in the United Kingdom on 07-03-2007 and started my job on 12-03-2007. I am still working there.

I made a mistake in my application form and in the section 2.4 I stated my work started on 7th March instead of 12th.

UKBA send me a letter asking for original WRS to cover my employment I stated commenced on 7th March.
I send them original WRS and a letter explaining I made an unintentional mistake and apologizing.

Do you think I still have a chance? Or I should expect my application will be refused?
I am very stressed and will go crazy soon I think. They should get my letter before 1pm 10-06-2013 Monday.

Has anyone had this kind of situation? :(

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Unintentional mistake -AN form- do I still have a chance

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Moonika wrote:I am EEA citizen. I applied for naturalization as a British citizen using AN form.
I arrived in the United Kingdom on 07-03-2007 and started my job on 12-03-2007. I am still working there.

I made a mistake in my application form and in the section 2.4 I stated my work started on 7th March instead of 12th.

UKBA send me a letter asking for original WRS to cover my employment I stated commenced on 7th March.
I send them original WRS and a letter explaining I made an unintentional mistake and apologizing.

Do you think I still have a chance? Or I should expect my application will be refused?
I am very stressed and will go crazy soon I think. They should get my letter before 1pm 10-06-2013 Monday.

Providing you had 5 years of exercising treaty rights and met the other standard requirements this will be fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Relax! There is nothing to worry about.

This is an understandable error which proof of your start date and cover letter will clear up in a second.

Moonika
Newly Registered

Post by Moonika » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:23 pm

Is the WRS certificate any proof? I remember, when I applied for WRS, that I had to send a letter from my employer confirming when exactly I started working. So having my original WRS certificate can UKBA find out the date?
Or will they believe me?
I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake :(

UKBA wrote:
"I refer to your application for British citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send all of the following original documents to thhis office by 26/06/2013.
- Please provide your Workers Registration Scheme certificate to cover your employment which you state commenced on 07/03/2007.
These documents are required in order to demonstrate to the Secretary of State that you satisfy the requirements for naturalization, specifically that you meet the residence requirements for naturalization.

Consequently, failure to send these documents/information by the given date will result in the application being refused"

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Moonika wrote:Is the WRS certificate any proof? I remember, when I applied for WRS, that I had to send a letter from my employer confirming when exactly I started working. So having my original WRS certificate can UKBA find out the date?
Does your WRS certificate state the 12th?

Moonika
Newly Registered

Post by Moonika » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm

On Friday I sent my WRS as they asked me to. I don't think there is the start date of my employment on the WRS. I remember there is a birth date and an issue date and some number. Haven't got it now to check :/

englishlife

Re: Unintentional mistake -AN form- do I still have a chance

Post by englishlife » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 am

Moonika wrote:I am EEA citizen. I applied for naturalization as a British citizen using AN form.

To Err is Human. You will be absolutely fine. It wont be refuse if other things are ok regarding ukba requirements. So cheer up :-)

Moonika
Newly Registered

Post by Moonika » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi guys
It has been a week since I sent the original WRS and the letter to UKBA. I have been nervous and can not stop thinking and worrying about it.
Do you think that they will send me another acknowledgement letter?
Is that all I can do is waiting and slowly going crazy? :(

Moonika
Newly Registered

Post by Moonika » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:23 am

It has been 10 days since UKBA got my letter. No any answer so far. It is very stressful. I don't know if they accepted my apology and what I explained or they will wait till 26th, then write me that I failed :(

Moonika
Newly Registered

Post by Moonika » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:26 am

I have just got my approval letter! :D

Thank you D4109125, Plum70, englishlife
for your support, help and nice words. I red your posts here many, many times, to have some little hope for good news and keep myself sane during this stressful waiting time. I'd go crazy without it.
Good luck to you all in everything you do!
Thank you very much.
:)