ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizen for a child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jinny2337
Newly Registered

citizen for a child

Post by jinny2337 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a son who was born in the UK in 2011 when I was under work permit. we both applied ILR in April and granted. I completely forgot the fact that I could apply for citizenship straight for my son after my ILR granted at that time.

I suddenly remember this and so regreted to spend extra money (over 1000 pounds) and time.

My question is
1. would it be possible to apply for my son's citizen now ( under section or does he still need to wait next year when it is become 1 year for the application for naturalisation?
2. if he can apply for citizen now, does he still need to send his original passport since we are planning to go travel abroad?

I would appreciate your answer

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: citizen for a child

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:36 pm

jinny2337 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a son who was born in the UK in 2011 when I was under work permit. we both applied ILR in April and granted. I completely forgot the fact that I could apply for citizenship straight for my son after my ILR granted at that time.

I suddenly remember this and so regreted to spend extra money (over 1000 pounds) and time.

My question is
1. would it be possible to apply for my son's citizen now ( under section or does he still need to wait next year when it is become 1 year for the application for naturalisation?
2. if he can apply for citizen now, does he still need to send his original passport since we are planning to go travel abroad?

As the child was born in the UK and you are now settled the child is entitled to register as British now by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act. You should send the child's passport but can use the nationality checking service to keep your documents to travel.

Bear in mind the returning residents rules as you are settled.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Maliksabour
Newly Registered

Post by Maliksabour » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm

hi

I am in same kind of situation. My daughter has ILR born in UK

Could you please let me know what you have done.
Did you make application for child registration as british citizen

Thanks
Malik
D4109125 wrote:

My question is

As the child was born in the UK and you are now settled the child is entitled to register as British now by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act. You should send the child's passport but can use the nationality checking service to keep your documents to travel.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Maliksabour wrote:hi

I am in same kind of situation. My daughter has ILR born in UK

Could you please let me know what you have done.
Did you make application for child registration as british citizen

Thanks
Malik
D4109125 wrote:

My question is

You are asking something which has already been answered by Amber. Just read the post above your query.

vinny

Re: passport after registration

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:49 am

jinny2337 wrote:Hello All

I have received a confirmation letter for registration of my son (3 years old ) as a British citizen. However, my child has been sent abroad during the process so he won't be in the UK for about 1 year.

My question is :
Do I have to apply for my son( 3 years old)'s passport now after registration or I can leave it until he return to the UK?
When can my child attend for citizenship ceremony and how to apply it?

Many thanks
Gean
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:50 am

Your choice.
Children do not normally have a citizenship ceremony.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.