ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More than 90 days late entry to UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irisace
Newly Registered

More than 90 days late entry to UK

Post by irisace » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi All,

I need guideline on my case as I arrived 153 days (5 month) late in UK from date of visa. Should I now apply for further extension or can I apply for ILR. My dates are below

Visa Date: 01 Mar 2009
Arrived in UK: 01 Aug 2009

Please suggest what options have I got for ILR?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:51 pm

If your 1st entry was later than 90 days then you won't be benefited for that period be counted towards 5 years and therefore, will need extension to complete 5 years.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vkgarg11
Newly Registered

Re: More than 90 days late entry to UK

Post by vkgarg11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 am

Hello

I've recently received my ILR and thought it might be useful for someone in a similar situation. I had entered UK more than 4 months after the EC however when I applied for tier 1 extension via post, I got approx 2 extra months due to processing delays. So I thought of trying my luck and fortunately it worked!! Here are my timelines:

Tier 1 (General) EC granted = 16-Feb-2009
Entered UK= 21-Jun-2009
Tier 1 Extension received = 13-Apr-2012 (previous leave expired on 16-Feb-2012)
ILR PEO application submitted and approved = 22-Mar-2014 (PEO Croydon)

Total absences during the period = 81 days (excluding intial delay)

I'm a contractor working through my limited company and submitted only the required documents without any covering letter or explanation for the initial delays. The case worker asked for business bank account statement and any HMRC letters to prove the income was genuine which I provided.

I think they would have worked backwards from the date of application i.e. 22/03/2014 and by that approach, I was exactly 90 days short of 5 years as on the date of application so they approved it but not sure what criteria was used.

Just thought I'll share my experience with the forum and happy to answer any question(s) anyone may have.

All the best!!