ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does holding a diplomatic passport affect my chances?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mayski
Newly Registered

Does holding a diplomatic passport affect my chances?

Post by Mayski » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 am

I hold both a regular (Egyptian) passport and a Diplomatic passport. I'm hesitant as to which to use to apply for my Tier 2 visa. Does it make any difference at all, or is one more likely/less likely to get accepted?

For example, is a diplomatic passport more likely to get accepted because of it's prestige, or is it more likely to get rejected because it's connotations to not paying tax? (I've always and will always pay my taxes just worried there may be misconceptions)

I realise this is a very niche question but not sure where else to ask! ANY insight at all would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you.

bobbylad
Newly Registered

Post by bobbylad » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 pm

If you are going to the UK to take up a diplomatic posting you should apply for that visa. If not then I don't think you should be using a diplomatic passport. The passport itself does not grant a person diplomatic status under the Vienna Convention, it is the accreditation of the host country.