ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mani jan
Newly Registered

Post by Mani jan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello everyone, any one applied in January 2103

Applied 15 jan 2103
Acknowledgment 17 January
Biometric done 15 March
Final outcome still waiting .

Any one who have the same timeline like me please share...

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:01 am

Mani jan wrote:Hello everyone, any one applied in January 2103

Applied 15 jan 2103
Biometric done 15 March

i have the same time line just that my bio was in 18th march but i had to re do it again on the 26th as the one i did on the 18th was not captured well at the post office.. am on 10 year parnter route

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:05 am

seems like we've finally caught their attention, its only a matter of time before the farce that is called the Home office is fully exposed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22833136

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 am

[quote="Mani jan"]Hello everyone, any one applied in January 2103

Applied 15 jan 2103
Biometric done 15 March

Any one who have the same timeline like me please share...[/quote]

I have same timeline with you. Mine is:
Applied in 5 Jan 2013
Bio 12th March
Still waiting

Are you a fresh applicant? Could you tell us your story?

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 am

egoneo wrote:seems like we've finally caught their attention, its only a matter of time before the farce that is called the Home office is fully exposed

@ Egoneo; good information, hopefully this would create positive changes for all affected.
Thanks for spreading the news Egoneo.

Please let all those who are affected try and post their comments, I mean on the BBC page.

Thank you.

Mani jan
Newly Registered

Post by Mani jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 am

cutepanda wrote:
Mani jan wrote:Hello everyone, any one applied in January 2103

Applied 15 jan 2103
Biometric done 15 March

I have same timeline with you. Mine is:
Applied in 5 Jan 2013
Bio 12th March
Still waiting

Are you a fresh applicant? Could you tell us your story?
I applied behalf of my wife and son they are British, but my wife is not working. It's fresh application ...

Kag
Newly Registered

Post by Kag » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi All
I greet you all in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
I am new member to this site.:
But I have read many stories about the struggles of immigrants in this (including myself), and encouraging everyone to take strong in the Lord and keep the faith because we will overcome. Amen.

My time line.
FLR O application

Date applied: 5/7/12
Date of Ack letter:16/7/12
Date of money taken: a week later
Date of Bio letter received: 20/1/13
Date of Bio enrollment: 22/1/13
Date of Docs: still waiting in Jesus name

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello....hello everyone and hope u still staying optimistic!!

@Kag....Amenoo..Welcome to the forum and all the best with your application.God will never fail us with our cases!

@Ego...I hope they relax some of the rules not forgetting speeding up the process of fast-tracking last years applications.Sounds like they have to go back to the drawing board soonest!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Kag wrote:Hi All
I greet you all in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
I am new member to this site.:
But I have read many stories about the struggles of immigrants in this (including myself), and encouraging everyone to take strong in the Lord and keep the faith because we will overcome. Amen.

My time line.
FLR O application

Date applied: 5/7/12
Date of Ack letter:16/7/12
Date of money taken: a week later
Date of Bio letter received: 20/1/13
Date of Bio enrollment: 22/1/13
Date of Docs: still waiting in Jesus name
Welcome to the site Kag....I agree with you....having inner peace and trusting that God is working to perfect your gift in the midst of trials is the best....

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:44 pm

If u wana extradite your application who do u write to?

Kag
Newly Registered

Post by Kag » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Thank you both....

We will be victorious in Jesus name , because the battle is not ouds it is the Lord.
Let us continue to strengthen ourselves in the word of almighty God.

God bless

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:38 pm

sanny26 wrote:If u wana extradite your application who do u write to?
i guess you mean "expedite" ?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:25 pm

egoneo wrote:

Lol yes thats the word expedite loool.

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:57 pm

[quote="Mani jan"][quote="cutepanda"][quote="Mani jan"]
I applied behalf of my wife and son they are British, but my wife is not working. It's fresh application ...[/quote]

Don't worry, you will get it.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:30 pm

sanny26 wrote:
egoneo wrote:

Lol Sanny26, I couldn't help but 'lmao'extradite? for once I thought you were going bonkers, but I guess that's what UKBA has made our memories.

I did make an expedition request request couple of months ago through this fax number 01142072536. Their response was very quick, I did however follow up through CLS workflow to a guy called Robert Hayes. He signed for all my correspondence, but I can't say for certain if he is in charge of such requests.

It wasn't helpful by the way since they declined my request with their usual nonsense excuse.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 pm

sanny26 wrote:
egoneo wrote:

Sorry Sanny26, I believe this is the correct fax number 0114 207 2953...pls check to be sure.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 pm

egoneo wrote:seems like we've finally caught their attention, its only a matter of time before the farce that is called the Home office is fully exposed

It seems more like they talking about people applying outside UK.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

You mean "expedite".

One way would be to write directly to the H.O and explain the reason why you want them to expedite your case.

Another way would be to write to your MP expecting them to react to the MP's request. If they don't, you ask your MP to submit your case to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Or write a complaint letter to the Complaint Unit of the H.O and send a copy to your MP. If you are still not satisfied with the H.O's response, then you get in touch with the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:11 pm

sanny26 wrote:
egoneo wrote:

Lol Sanny26, I couldn't help but 'lmao'extradite? for once I thought you were going bonkers, but I guess that's what UKBA has made our memories.

I did make an expediting request couple of months ago through this fax number 01142072536. Their response was very quick, I did however follow up through CLS workflow to a guy called Robert Hayes. He signed for all my correspondence, but I can't say for certain if he is in charge of such requests.

It wasn't helpful by the way since they declined my request with their usual nonsense excuse...

**correction**

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Tuga wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
egoneo wrote:

I did make an expedition request request couple of months ago through this fax number 01142072536. Their response was very quick, I did however follow up through CLS workflow to a guy called Robert Hayes. He signed for all my correspondence, but I can't say for certain if he is in charge of such requests.

It wasn't helpful by the way since they declined my request with their usual nonsense excuse.

Lol I'm telling yah ma mind is all over the place lol.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:20 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Tuga wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
egoneo wrote:

Lol I'm telling yah ma mind is all over the place lol.
I can't blame you sanny...I haven't slept properly for a veryong time. Read all the books in the house...watch all the tv channels...nothing seem to work.

rec212

Update

Post by rec212 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi guys, just to update you:
I submitted my new flr(o) application last week using new solicitors as i was not given any right to appeal the first time i applied. I just dont understand, they said i havent been given that right as i sill had a valid visa when i received a decision. Also, now that i overstayed by 20 days, my solicitor is saying that my overstaying would be against my favour and therefore there are very slim chance of py flr(o) to be accepted and i wont be given any right to appeal! He's saying that he will trigger that right via JR and i dont have anymore money!
My wife is british and i lived here for 7 months now. My arguments are the private life and also sueing the solicitors i used in the first place as they gave me a wrong legal advice which brought me to this filthy situation. I provided the ombudsman complaint summary as a proof.
I cant go back to my home country cuz i would be homeless. But my solicitor said the HO don't care about anything...
Some people said that it's all about whether the case worker is lenient or strict and angry...

Let me guys know what you think.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Update

Post by GodGives » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 pm

rec212 wrote:Hi guys, just to update you:
I submitted my new flr(o) application last week using new solicitors as i was not given any right to appeal the first time i applied. I just dont understand, they said i havent been given that right as i sill had a valid visa when i received a decision. Also, now that i overstayed by 20 days, my solicitor is saying that my overstaying would be against my favour and therefore there are very slim chance of py flr(o) to be accepted and i wont be given any right to appeal! He's saying that he will trigger that right via JR and i dont have anymore money!
My wife is british and i lived here for 7 months now. My arguments are the private life and also sueing the solicitors i used in the first place as they gave me a wrong legal advice which brought me to this filthy situation. I provided the ombudsman complaint summary as a proof.
I cant go back to my home country cuz i would be homeless. But my solicitor said the HO don't care about anything...
Some people said that it's all about whether the case worker is lenient or strict and angry...

Let me guys know what you think.
Is your wife working? very important that she meets the financial requirement
20 days is within the timelimit. you are not an overstayer until it is beyond 28days
what documents sis you send with ur application?
Godgives

rec212

Post by rec212 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:31 pm

@godgives,

Thx for your reply, yea she is but there are no financial requirements cuz this is not a spouse visa. She doesnt claim any benifits and we can maintain ourselves and accomodation quite ok...
Its just hard to expect the outcomes now considering what my solicitor said about my chances.
Anyway i believe in God and im sure he will take good care of me and all of us here.
Docs: payslips, proof of address, letters from family & friends, photos, train trips, ombudsman complaint, my BA degree, personal statement letter and passports.

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi everyone.... I've been posting on here every once in a while... I've been waiting 9 months today.

App received by ukba- 10/9/2012
Biometrics done 18/2/2013

Still nothing. I usually ring them up every month since I reached the 6 month mark of waiting. They have told me they hope to complete apps by end of the summer.... Not sure if that is 2012 apps or flro apps.

It is so frustrating. My husband and son are British. My son is over a year now and I haven't been able to go back to the US and visit my family, let alone finally meet my son! It is also been financially straining on my family as we're reliant solely on my husbands income.