ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General extn: Limited company salary query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samkol18
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General extn: Limited company salary query

Post by samkol18 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for Tier1 general extn in person next week. I am an IT contractor and the director of my limited company and showing earnings by salary and dividends.
The dividend vouchers match the amounts transferred from business account to personal account. But the salary is random amounts transferred to my personal account and not according to salary slips. I was not aware that I was supposed to make a separate transaction for salary and on that exact date to match the salary slips.
My concern is ,will this cause a problem. I asked the accountant for a letter explaining this but he said he has never done this and cant do it. Can I explain this in a cover letter?

Thanks,

samkol18

sacro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General extn: Limited company salary query

Post by sacro » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 pm

samkol18 wrote:Hi All,

I will be applying for Tier1 general extn in person next week. I am an IT contractor and the director of my limited company and showing earnings by salary and dividends.
The dividend vouchers match the amounts transferred from business account to personal account. But the salary is random amounts transferred to my personal account and not according to salary slips. I was not aware that I was supposed to make a separate transaction for salary and on that exact date to match the salary slips.
My concern is ,will this cause a problem. I asked the accountant for a letter explaining this but he said he has never done this and cant do it. Can I explain this in a cover letter?

Thanks,

samkol18
Hi,

The amount of salary should "match" the amount that appears on the payslips and on the bank statements.

The salary slips could appear on the official letterhead of the company or on an A4 sheet which have to be "signed and stamped" by the employer and/or the accountant. Please refer to page 20 of the application guidance notes " http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf "

In addition to the above you will require the following:-

a) Dividend Vouchers - Stamped & Signed by the Company Director (stating the Gross Dividend, Net Dividend & Tax Credit on each voucher)

b) Bank Statements - Business and Personal (highlight or underline all the relevant entries to assist the caseworker) and sufficient maintenance funds covering a period of 90 days (could be up to a period of 30 days old from the date of your application)

c) Accountants Cover Letter (stating the exact amount of salary & dividends claimed, period for which earnings are claimed and details of their accredited professional membership), Accounts Document (Balance Sheet, Profit/Loss etc) and a Summary of invoice amounts.

d) Companies House Certificate of Incorporation & HMRC documents (relevant letters, tax receipts etc) with reference to the limited company.

e) Contract with clients (This is not a mandatory requirement. However, this would corroborate the information supplied with your application) & relevant invoices which should be stamped and signed by the director.

f) All other relevant documents which you had submitted with your initial application (This is not a mandatory requirement. However, it will corroborate the information provided on your application)

Good Luck!

Sacro

sac666
Newly Registered

Tax documents submitted

Post by sac666 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi sacro

Can you tell me which 'HMRC tax documents' you submitted along with your Company's incorporation certificate.

Thanks
Sachin Bhatt