ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumas12
Newly Registered

british citizenship

Post by kumas12 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm

hey i need some help please my case is i hard 5 years leave to remain was exp on 23/11/2012 applying ILR and i got it my Q i have driving conviction i was drive my sister car without insur i didnt declea it on my ILR application so i need to applying citzenship i have to declea my conviction or not ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: british citizenship

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:12 pm

kumas12 wrote:hey i need some help please my case is i hard 5 years leave to remain was exp on 23/11/2012 applying ILR and i got it my Q i have driving conviction i was drive my sister car without insur i didnt declea it on my ILR application so i need to applying citzenship i have to declea my conviction or not ?
I assume you didn't declare it for your ilr because it was not 'spent' and thus would have likely led to a refusal? This can be viewed as deception.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kumas12
Newly Registered

Post by kumas12 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:
kumas12 wrote:hey i need some help please my case is i hard 5 years leave to remain was exp on 23/11/2012 applying ILR and i got it my Q i have driving conviction i was drive my sister car without insur i didnt declea it on my ILR application so i need to applying citzenship i have to declea my conviction or not ?
I assume you didn't declare it for your ilr because it was not 'spent' and thus would have likely led to a refusal? This can be viewed as deception.
yup am so scard now so u advise me to be declare on citizenship application ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:49 am

kumas12 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
yup am so scard now so u advise me to be declare on citizenship application ?
You face a 10 year ban for deception. This is a very serious matter as you withheld a 'material fact' and lied on the ILR application. Technically your ILR could be withdrawn. I would not be in any rush to apply for citizenship.

Please see and read British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.