ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My PEO Experience at Croydon-TIER 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bilal786
Newly Registered

My PEO Experience at Croydon-TIER 1 General

Post by bilal786 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi All,

I am a silent follower of this forum but thought to share my experience of PEO with this forum. I have just come back to home after successful approval of my TIER 1 Extension and thankfully now I am relaxed & relieved :) . Please see sequence of events below;

I tried to book appointment on my own but unfortunately I could not find one so decided to seek help from OISC advisor. My representative booked appointment for 10th June @ 11:00 a:m.

I reached Lunar House around 8:00 am and my representative took me to the entrance around 9:00 am. Although I was bit hesitant as my appointment time was 11:00 but security guy did not ask about the appointment time & we went into the building.

There was a small queue on the ground floor and after waiting five minutes we reached a window where we were asked to show the receipt/letter of booking appointment & if we have paid £100. They also checked my passport and gave us a token number.

After this I went to the 1st floor and before entering into the cafeteria area I had to pass thorough airport type security.

I went to the cafeteria after security checks & in 10 minutes time my token number was called and I went to payment section of the floor ( it is right opposite to the cafeteria area). I paid £1820 ( oouchhh :P ).

I was advised by one of the staff members to be seated in the same hall until registration department & the biometric department call my token number. I think after 15 minutes my token number was called & I went to the window were they took my application form, photos and all the documents. After checking my passport on the system, they took scan of the photos and put all my documents in the plastic folder & handed over to me. I also noticed that they marked the folder by using adhesive sticker with the same number as that of my token number. After this I went for biometrics section where a lady took my finger prints & one picture. She also scanned my passport and took all my documents.

From initial registration to biometrics it took me around 40 minutes. I was then advised to wait in cafeteria and my case is under consideration. I think this process is slightly changed as my representative was telling me that before you could see who is the case worker and people used to hand over documents to the case workers but now they sit at the back side of biometric department & do not interact with the applicants.

Nearly after 2 hours my token number was displaced on the screen to collect the documents. I went to collect the documents & was glad to see my application was approved. However, I am not happy with the way they squashed my degree & all documents ( They are full of creases now).

I submitted following documents;

Bank statements marked with highlighter where my salary was credited.
Pay slips
P60
Original award of degree.

Overall, experience was good. Staff is nice & friendly.

Also, I would like to thank this forum for the help and support they have provided me throughout the process. Finally I would like to thank sushdmehta as I have learnt a lot from his input on this forum.

bilal786
Newly Registered

Post by bilal786 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Dear All,

Just to let you now that today I received my BRP card.

Initial Visa was granted for 3 years--expiry date 24th June 2013

Extension applied ( PEO) on 10th June ---- expiry date on BRP card= 24th June 2015.

Regards

suneshkumar
Newly Registered
India

Post by suneshkumar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi,

Could you please let me know how did you got the appointment by seeking OISC?

Do we have to pay for their service?

Thanks!

bilal786
Newly Registered

Post by bilal786 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Sunesh,

OISC advisors book appointments from different site. That's why it is more likely they can find one for you. However, I suggest you to please keep this as a last option as you will be charged for the service. Try to find appointment on your own & if you are not able to find one then seek help from OISC advisors. Please see below link from where you can see list of OISC advisors.
http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/