ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for Newborn Baby in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Indian Passport for Newborn Baby in UK

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Sat May 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi All,
I need advise for passport application for new baby, who is due next month.
We both are Indian passport holder, and having Visa Tier 2, which is expiring 30th Aug 2013. I need to know -

1. Once I get birth certificate from Local council office, What is the process for getting Passport ? As one person told me that, I Can straightway go with documents and birth certificate and apply for passport, while some one says that, I need to get it first registered with High commission of India, than I can apply for passport.

2. How long it may take to get a passport i.e. 4 weeks or 6 weeks or even more ?

3. If I don't get passport before 30th Aug 2013, Am I authorized to stay back, or can I fly with new born baby with out any passport ? Will I be allowed to enter in India in that case ?

Please help me.

BR
Vinod

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport for Newborn Baby in UK

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Sat May 18, 2013 10:36 pm

vinodtoshniwal wrote:Hi All,
I need advise for passport application for new baby, who is due next month.
We both are Indian passport holder, and having Visa Tier 2, which is expiring 30th Aug 2013. I need to know -

1. Once I get birth certificate from Local council office, What is the process for getting Passport ? As one person told me that, I Can straightway go with documents and birth certificate and apply for passport, while some one says that, I need to get it first registered with High commission of India, than I can apply for passport.

2. How long it may take to get a passport i.e. 4 weeks or 6 weeks or even more ?

3. If I don't get passport before 30th Aug 2013, Am I authorized to stay back, or can I fly with new born baby with out any passport ? Will I be allowed to enter in India in that case ?

Please help me.

BR
Vinod

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Sun May 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Vinod,

I have just had a baby, who is less than a month now in fact and we have just about registered the birth of the baby online. You will get the details here: http://www.hcilondon.in/counslateservice.html

More specifically, registration can be completed here: http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... ublic.aspx
( the last option). All this can be done after you have got the birth certificate from the local council.

I have completed all these, but now I need to actually apply for the passport. I am still figuring out what needs to be done for the same. Once I do, I will let you know..

hope this helps

queries95
Newly Registered

Post by queries95 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi Sheffield Marketeer,

According to the website it says that we need to submit 'copy' of documents.

1. Does that mean that we do not need to submit original copies of parents' passports, BRPs, marriage certificates?

2. If we need to submit copies , do these need to be signed by the respective owners?

3. How long did it take you to get the registration process completed?

Regards

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Hiya

Answers:

1. Does that mean that we do not need to submit original copies of parents' passports, BRPs, marriage certificates?
We didnt even need to show any originals, although we took them all to the Consulate. Only photocopies were given.
2. If we need to submit copies , do these need to be signed by the respective owners?
Yes, we self attested them.. just regular signatures on the copies.
3. How long did it take you to get the registration process completed?
Registration was done online and then a printed copy needs to be taken to the consulate. The print should be taken from the Modify Application/Print Application button as there is a reference number that is generated then on the top of the page/form. Make sure you do that.

eashkuma4
India

Passport

Post by eashkuma4 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:49 am

Please take all original documents with you when you visit High commission. It depends on the person who takes your application, some ask for it and some don't, it is a national lottery!

For example, some one in front of me was not asked, I was asked.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi Sheffield Marketeer,

There are two types of birth certificate issued by local council, one is short and one is full, which one I shall take ?

Further, birth registration and passport application can be done in same day ?

Can you put full process, if u got the passport already and how long it took ?

rgds
vinod
Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Hi Vinod,

I have just had a baby, who is less than a month now in fact and we have just about registered the birth of the baby online. You will get the details here: http://www.hcilondon.in/counslateservice.html

More specifically, registration can be completed here: http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... ublic.aspx
( the last option). All this can be done after you have got the birth certificate from the local council.

I have completed all these, but now I need to actually apply for the passport. I am still figuring out what needs to be done for the same. Once I do, I will let you know..

hope this helps

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi,
Has anyone here applied and received your baby's passport, if you did, can yo please tell me how long did it take?
How long for the registration certificate?
How long for issuing the passport ?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:54 am

vish.sara9 wrote:Hi,
Has anyone here applied and received your baby's passport, if you did, can yo please tell me how long did it take?
How long for the registration certificate?
How long for issuing the passport ?
Apply to local council for birth registration certificate - it may take about a week if the hospital where your baby was born, is in your council. If the hospital is in different council, you need 1-2 weeks extra.
After you get the birth certificate (full version), you go to Indian High Commission, London with all documents (parents passports + baby's birth certificate, may be few more docs). On the same day, you can register the birth of your baby with Indian High Commission (a pre-requisite to apply for Indian passport) and submit the passport application.
Passport will be ready in 3 days and it can be collected either in person or by post.

abn2011
Newly Registered

Timeline for newborns passport via POST (HCI London)

Post by abn2011 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi,
I applied for my newborn son's indian passport on 29th August via post to HCI London. I had included both original passports & BRP's of parents along with the required documentation including the Birth Registration certificate from HCI London.

It is almost 2 weeks now and I haven't yet received any communication/acknowledgement from the HCI London.

Could someone please shed light on how much time does it take for the new passport to arrive if application done via post.?

Appreciate your time & support.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline for newborns passport via POST (HCI London)

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 pm

It shall take anywhere between 3-5 weeks.
abn2011 wrote:Hi,
I applied for my newborn son's indian passport on 29th August via post to HCI London. I had included both original passports & BRP's of parents along with the required documentation including the Birth Registration certificate from HCI London.

It is almost 2 weeks now and I haven't yet received any communication/acknowledgement from the HCI London.

Could someone please shed light on how much time does it take for the new passport to arrive if application done via post.?

abn2011
Newly Registered

Post by abn2011 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Ok, thanks for this info.
vinodtoshniwal wrote:It shall take anywhere between 3-5 weeks.

abn2011
Newly Registered

Post by abn2011 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Ok, thanks for this info.
vinodtoshniwal wrote:It shall take anywhere between 3-5 weeks.

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Thank you for the reply.
I applied for my Daughter's Birth registration at the HCI after 3 bloody visits.
anyway, I was told that the certificate would take 3 weeks and as I had a letter from the UKBA for urgent travel, he asked me to write a covering note to go with it, which would get me the certificate in 2 weeks rather.
I asked the guy who gives the token numbers to know how long it takes for a passport, he said one week!! :shock:
I would collect my Daughter's Reg Certificate and apply for the passport on the same day.

Srimayi
Newly Registered

Post by Srimayi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:26 am

vish.sara9 wrote:Hi Thank you for the reply.
I applied for my Daughter's Birth registration at the HCI after 3 bloody visits.
anyway, I was told that the certificate would take 3 weeks and as I had a letter from the UKBA for urgent travel, he asked me to write a covering note to go with it, which would get me the certificate in 2 weeks rather.
I asked the guy who gives the token numbers to know how long it takes for a passport, he said one week!! :shock:
I would collect my Daughter's Reg Certificate and apply for the passport on the same day.

Hi, did you collect your daughters registration certificate in one week?
I applied yesterday, but was told it will take about 3 weeks, do they really mean it?