ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nikshala
Newly Registered

Post by nikshala » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:32 am

I received my approval letter last Friday. :D

Application submitted through : POST
Date of submission or posting : 02 Feb 2007
Criteria : Student visas (complicated) + ILR+1
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 06 Feb 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 9 Feb 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 13 April 2007 (Dated 10th)
Ceremony innvitation letter: waiting

Postal applications do seem to take longer, however I was still please with the speed of mine, considerig my case wasn't straightfoward.

Good luck everyone.

champion

Post by champion » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 am

Nikshala Congrates and good luck
Hope I will get sck letter soon
it is 12 working day and 18 days so far.
I sent by post

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:11 pm

champion wrote:Nikshala Congrates and good luck
Hope I will get sck letter soon
it is 12 working day and 18 days so far.
I sent by post
Just to add, I also did a postal and it's been almost 2 months since they received my application (20 Feb 2007) and still nothing...I'm hoping to hear back at least before May....fingers crossed.

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:37 am

My main worry is (which I believe everyone here who sent application by post) if everything is fine with application and I sent the right amount , correct card details and I attached photo etc.
you know I checked my app twice and my wife once before I sent it but when you give too much atteention to something you actually might miss something. Once I get acknowledgement , I know it is in progress and can relax a bit.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 am

champion wrote:My main worry is (which I believe everyone here who sent application by post) if everything is fine with application and I sent the right amount , correct card details and I attached photo etc.
you know I checked my app twice and my wife once before I sent it but when you give too much atteention to something you actually might miss something. Once I get acknowledgement , I know it is in progress and can relax a bit.
I know what you mean. I called them early on in the process to ask for some documents back and told them I never received an acknowledgement letter and they checked and said one was sent out which I never received, so they resent a copy to me with my request. Funny thing is they had my correct details and address on file...

Sometimes, things can go wrong or be delayed...

Let's just hope for the best.

Good luck with your application.

SK1

SK1

Two months and counting...

Post by SK1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Update: Two months and counting...

I personally didn't think that by this stage I'd still be waiting for an answer from the BIA about my Naturalisation application. Tomorrow is my birthday (don't ask my age please...) and it would be a nice little present if I can get a positive letter in the post.... :P

Like so many others commented, please DO use the NCS to apply for Naturalisation, otherwise you'll suffer like me.

Greets.

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:33 pm

belated birthday wishes. I wanted to wish you on ur bdday but was busy.
Did anyone noticed how lonely is this forum these days.
When I joined this board I looked lots of posts and thought wow this is great. But now we dont have posts for days.
I thought by now few people who applied to ?Naturalization in end of March will hear and post anything but no.
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from HO. I didnt even got my ack.
My post reached them on 30th March

3.5 weeks to send an acknowledgement is on higher side I think.
They even didnt deducted money from my card

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:35 pm

champion wrote:belated birthday wishes. I wanted to wish you on ur bdday but was busy.
Did anyone noticed how lonely is this forum these days.
When I joined this board I looked lots of posts and thought wow this is great. But now we dont have posts for days.
I thought by now few people who applied to ?Naturalization in end of March will hear and post anything but no.
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from HO. I didnt even got my ack.
My post reached them on 30th March

3.5 weeks to send an acknowledgement is on higher side I think.
They even didnt deducted money from my card
Thanks champion,

Better late than never. I agree, this thread has gone quiet the last few months. I guess we in a low period at the moment. People like you and me are waiting for apps. to be assessed and there must be loads of people who probably qualify in the months to come.

Are you saying that they have not taken the money from your account yet? I would ring them up if so, it shouldn't take that long unless there's been a problem with your account details or they may have mucked it up. Call them. Remember in an earlier post I mentioned that I didn't get a ack. letter either. I would ask them about that as well. Alternatively, check your tracking ref. (if you used it) on the Royal Mail website. That should show if it was received by BIA. I don't know how they do it if you apply via the NCS, as I did mine via post (special delivery - next day service) and tracked it.

Regards

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:02 pm

I checked up my CC online and no payment has gone yet.
I didnt got any ack letter
I did called BIa and they did confirmed that they recd my app. however he said it might be another couple of weeks to send me an ack. (end of next week)
I am surprised no one has posted in any of the post that they recv ack / payment debited. [apart from mr. Tejwani's son case that too was early march)

I would give them a call in a day or 2 and post the outcome. not hopeful of any definitive answer though
Cheers

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:34 pm

champion wrote:I checked up my CC online and no payment has gone yet.
I didnt got any ack letter
I did called BIa and they did confirmed that they recd my app. however he said it might be another couple of weeks to send me an ack. (end of next week)
I am surprised no one has posted in any of the post that they recv ack / payment debited. [apart from mr. Tejwani's son case that too was early march)

I would give them a call in a day or 2 and post the outcome. not hopeful of any definitive answer though
Cheers
I've been tempted 2 call them myself, but have resisted. I wonder if they log and note each call that they (call centre operator) take from applicants. As long as I know they still have my application and its not lost or something all I can do is wait.

Maybe we should just be patient. A bit cliched but, no news is good news.

Let's keep each other appraised if there is any changes in our applications. They must've forgotten it was my birthday....the present is probably still on it's way..... :wink:

SK1

virtual-writer

Post by virtual-writer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 pm

Date of submission or posting : 29 Mar 2007
Criteria : EEA family member, 4 years residence + ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : still not taken
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : still waiting
Date of receipt of approval : ---
Ceremony invitation letter: ---
Last edited by virtual-writer on Tue May 01, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

champion

Post by champion » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:32 pm

virtual-writer wrote:Application submitted through : POST
Ceremony innvitation letter: ---
Welcome to the club mate. I guess you can be my buddy as your case is same as mine.
Criteria : Indian, 4 years residence + 2 year ILR
Ceremony innvitation letter:

SK1

Post by SK1 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:24 am

champion wrote:
Welcome to the club mate. I guess you can be my buddy as your case is same as mine.
Criteria : Indian, 4 years residence + 2 year ILR
Ceremony innvitation letter:
Welcome virtual-writer,

Hey, champion, let's see who gets to the finish line first.

superrain
Newly Registered

Post by superrain » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Since several members of this board were wondering about the progress of applications sumitted around the end of March, I would like to share my status here:

Date of submission or posting : 28 Mar 2007 (NCS)
Criteria : 4-Year Work Permit + 1-Year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 12 Apr 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 16 Apr 2007 (Dated on 12 Apr 2007)

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:30 am

i've come to the (not unusual) conclusion it's all a bit of a lottery, since I submitted my application by NCS on 27th March, and they still haven't even taken my fee. I phoned and they confirmed they received it (29th, though royal mail says 28th), but am loathe to call again to check if there's a problem with the payment details (I veyr much doubt it, but I suppose it's possible) - but if they still haven't taken it next week (which will be five weeks) I'm going to have to call again I think - any opinions?

just wondering whether we should perhaps have a 'delayed nationality' topic and keep this sticky strictly for timelines? not sure what the intentions of moderators are with this.

superrain
Newly Registered

Post by superrain » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:51 pm

mon wrote:i've come to the (not unusual) conclusion it's all a bit of a lottery, since I submitted my application by NCS on 27th March, and they still haven't even taken my fee. I phoned and they confirmed they received it (29th, though royal mail says 28th), but am loathe to call again to check if there's a problem with the payment details (I veyr much doubt it, but I suppose it's possible) - but if they still haven't taken it next week (which will be five weeks) I'm going to have to call again I think - any opinions?

just wondering whether we should perhaps have a 'delayed nationality' topic and keep this sticky strictly for timelines? not sure what the intentions of moderators are with this.
I phoned them 2 weeks after I submitted. They said it might take a few weeks to be processed because of a large amount of submissions just before the end of March. They didn't even let me know if my application was received, and just let me be patient and wait. Guess I was just lucky that I received the acknowledgement letter an extra week later. Good luck to others who are still waiting for the first letter.

Firm Believer
Newly Registered

Post by Firm Believer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:12 am

Application submitted through : NCS Chester
Date of submission or posting : 23 Mar 2007
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 12 April 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :16 April 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 27 April 2007
Date of receipt of invitations : 10 May 2007 (Today)
Date of Ceremony : 13 June 2007
Date of appln. for passport : Awaiting
Method used : N/A
Date of Receipt : N/A

Absolutely chuffed to bits - words can't even begin to express how I feel. Its just over a month in total to the point I'm at. Now thats what you call efficient.
Last edited by Firm Believer on Thu May 10, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Post by CstrM8 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:22 am

Firm Believer wrote:Application submitted through : NCS Chester
Date of submission or posting : 23 Mar 2007
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 12 April 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :16 April 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 27 April 2007 (Today)
Date of receipt of invitations : Awaiting
Date of Ceremony : Awaiting
Date of appln. for passport : Awaiting
Method used : N/A
Date of Receipt : N/A

Absolutely chuffed to bits - words can't even begin to express how I feel. Its just over a month in total to the point I'm at. Now thats what you call efficient.
Firm Believer,

Do you mind if I ask what your nationality is (before you were naturalized as Brit of course!) I am also still waiting for my approval letter and I applied almost the same time as you. Just 4 days after you.

kkarank
Newly Registered

Post by kkarank » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Application submitted through : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 12 April 2007

Have called them twice but they say it can take upto 4 weeks for the acknowledgement to be sent out ...anyone submitted around this date got their acks ??

cheers
kk

champion

Post by champion » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:26 pm

mine is over 4 weeks and havent heard anything yet2

SK1

Post by SK1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:28 pm

champion wrote:mine is over 4 weeks and havent heard anything yet2
And mine is over 8 weeks...

virtual-writer

Post by virtual-writer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:08 pm

Update

Date of receipt of acknowledgement : today, date on the letter: 25 Apr
Ceremony invitation letter: ---
SK1 wrote: Hey, champion, let's see who gets to the finish line first.
Now how fair is that... :( He's got 2 years ILR, and my husband (it's his appl) has only got barely seven months (citing special circumstances)... Plus we don't know what effect current/previous nationalities might have on the applications. And the case workers look at each case separately and each situation can be so different in so many ways....[/b]
Last edited by virtual-writer on Tue May 01, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

virtual-writer

Post by virtual-writer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:12 pm

mon wrote:(29th, though royal mail says 28th)
They seem to do this regularly. On our Special delivery proof they've signed with 31st April, and Royalmail confirm it's 30th! They're not even supposed to accept mail on Saturdays, right?

champion

Post by champion » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Thye do accept the post on Saturday. They do not work on them though. Just like any other office there will be security guard who will recieve post. They may authorised to sign for recorded delivery though.
In postal case we have a PO box address, in that case we cant get the signed for.

virtual-writer

Post by virtual-writer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:25 pm

champion wrote:In postal case we have a PO box address, in that case we cant get the signed for.
Ah, that makes sense. Of course, their "internal postman" gets the mail from the PO Box at the Post Office, the day after it was delivered to it/them. So, Royalmail say we delivered it to them on day one, but the BIA postman say I had it delivered to me on day two.